You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 08:25:08 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Has anyone played any good video games lately?  (Read 41435 times)

Offline Dallas

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Has anyone played any good video games lately?
« Reply #700 on: June 19, 2014, 09:36:08 PM »
I got Borderlands 2 GOTY gifted to me from a friend. Other than that, I'm broke for the sale anyway.

Online King Serperior

• Elliquiy's Most Complicated Character Creator ~ King of the Futanari ~ Caretaker of Monster Girls ~ Please call me KS ~ Biggest Starcraft Fan ~ .jpg Deity ~ Muse Maestro ~ Elliquiy's Biggest Monster Musume Fan
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • I am a Warlock on par with Magnus Bane!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #701 on: June 19, 2014, 09:39:21 PM »
I can do alright, but don't ask me to fly street-level or do any bridge stunts anytime soon.

The other day I was watching a Let's Play of GTA 5 on Youtube...one of the players screwed up, somehow flipped his Cargobob upside down and exploded on a bridge.
That sounds about like how I fly planes.  >_>;

Offline scribus1000

« Reply #702 on: June 19, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »
They did have some good pilots though, one of them was able to land a large jet on a road and then take off. Probably only worked because no cars spawned.

Online CaptainNexus616

« Reply #703 on: June 20, 2014, 12:45:02 AM »
Exactly! THAT is probably the real reason no one has made a sequel. The first was just so awesome they can't really top it.

Wow...I really want to do a Psychonauts rp now...lol

Online MiraMirror

« Reply #704 on: June 20, 2014, 04:12:34 AM »
Psychonauts was an amazing game, and it's one of the reasons I wish I still had my PS2.

Good video games...Dungeon Fighter Online is a great game, and I'm so happy that Neople's bringing it back to America. I just...need to last the few months it'll take them to update our client to something halfway recent...Hnnnnngh...

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #705 on: June 21, 2014, 12:05:41 PM »
My brother got me One Finger Death Punch.  It's...  Really kinda cool.  It's a timing based fighter...  I fully recommend it.   It's on sale for 2.50USD right now.  It is however, a single player game.

Offline KitsuneKisses

« Reply #706 on: June 21, 2014, 01:23:29 PM »
Just beat Borderlands 2. Great game though things get a little twisted during the second half.

Now that I beat the above game I am now playing Skyrim again, want to beat it a second time around using a Magus Summoner. Never used magic much so this is going to be fun. And for the computer Minecraft and Gnomoria.

Online CaptainNexus616

« Reply #707 on: June 21, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »
If they haven't patched this unlimted level up glitch I suggest you go and get the Oghara Infinium in Skyrim.

Offline KitsuneKisses

« Reply #708 on: June 21, 2014, 01:47:39 PM »
If they haven't patched this unlimted level up glitch I suggest you go and get the Oghara Infinium in Skyrim.

*Goes to look that up.*

Offline Tsenta

« Reply #709 on: June 21, 2014, 05:02:59 PM »
They patched it in the last patch. But with legendary skill setting, you can just grind smithing over and over tow earn perk points.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #710 on: June 22, 2014, 01:20:23 AM »
Been playing FTL lately, that game has its highs and lows. The worst is when you make it to the end with a great ship idea and the federation flag ship bitch slaps you.

Picke up Banished on a Flash Sale, lots of fun but the game feels "too real" since you can follow your workers from birth to death. My inner story teller likes keeping tabs on my townspeople.

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #711 on: June 22, 2014, 06:49:37 AM »
I just can't play FTL. I don't think it's a great game. It's average to good. It's more a success for crowd-funding rather than the return of roguelikes into the modern gaming lexicon. It's too random, and not in the same way that Roguelikes are random. It's more about finding the Golden Run (or getting lucky enough to have one) than overcoming the random challenges presented on generation of the game. It's more like it forces you to fight that random uberbeast you'd find upon occasion and instead of being able to run from it, you're forced to fight it. If you run it just makes you weaker for the next fight.

The unstable equilibrium of the game is just way too much for me, and, like you said, the Flagship pretty much requires a few select builds per ship layouts to beat. It pretty much runs anathema to the concepts the rest of the game ran on. That's worse than the randomness. It's basically one giant luck-based mission, and the developers are just fine with that. :P

Offline Davion

« Reply #712 on: June 23, 2014, 07:03:23 AM »
I agree with Indiku on all points, but that said i've still played/love the hell out of FTL. Advanced edition is craaazy hard now.

Otherwise I grabbed the Civ V collection for all the expansions. ermagherd, that game got so vastly improved by Brave New World.
Still need to beat Watch Dogs so I can forget about it... Witcher 2 need to start. Curse you steam sale.

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #713 on: June 23, 2014, 07:11:25 AM »
I agree with Indiku on all points, but that said i've still played/love the hell out of FTL. Advanced edition is craaazy hard now.

Otherwise I grabbed the Civ V collection for all the expansions. ermagherd, that game got so vastly improved by Brave New World.
Still need to beat Watch Dogs so I can forget about it... Witcher 2 need to start. Curse you steam sale.
I like it, I just can't play it. It's not healthy for me. :\

I don't get enough privacy to play the Witcher 2.  :-[

Online MiraMirror

« Reply #714 on: June 23, 2014, 07:48:47 AM »
My friend just gifted me a copy of Torchlight 2, and already, we've gotten a mod compilation and two other mods. How dare the game tell me that I can't equip two polearms at once?! I'll fix that! >:3

Offline Oreo

« Reply #715 on: June 23, 2014, 08:07:24 AM »
Woot, another Torchlight fan. ;D

Offline Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #716 on: June 23, 2014, 08:10:00 AM »
I got the first one when GoG gave it out for free. It's fun, and I like that you get a ferret.

(Inkidu likes ferrets)

Offline Oreo

« Reply #717 on: June 23, 2014, 08:56:54 AM »
I got the first one when GoG gave it out for free. It's fun, and I like that you get a ferret.

(Inkidu likes ferrets)
It's my go to game when I just want to hack and slash everything in sight...with intermittent fishing trips.

Offline Davion

« Reply #718 on: June 23, 2014, 09:00:24 AM »

(Inkidu likes ferrets)

I have two ferrets!

Offline Jusey1

« Reply #719 on: June 23, 2014, 11:14:50 AM »
Games I've played within the last week:

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Minecraft
Rock Band 3.

My newest addition to my game-collection was:
Fallout 3 (GOTY Edition).

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #720 on: June 23, 2014, 12:33:51 PM »

Offline Jusey1

« Reply #721 on: June 23, 2014, 12:44:59 PM »
Vanilla or Modded?

Vanilla on Xbox 360 version (obviously).

PC, I played on Minecraft 1.2.5 and modded.

V1.2.5 is my favorite version so far honestly so I stick with it. Did tried to play 1.6, 1.7, etc but wasn't too happy about a good bit of changes in both mods and the main game. Though I do tend to do a bit of my own modding on 1.2.5 to get things how I want it but have issues at time. I'm not an expert with the coding of Minecraft and only figured out so much.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:46:34 PM by Jusey1 »

Online MiraMirror

« Reply #722 on: June 23, 2014, 12:52:31 PM »
Well, yesterday was my first time playing, but I must say, I enjoyed it. I'm playing it modded, so I'm using a Barbarian dual-wielding polearms, because polearms are awesome.

Offline Oreo

« Reply #723 on: June 23, 2014, 12:56:56 PM »
I'm more the sword melee, fireball throwing type. I couldn't put the game down when I got it.

Offline Dice

• Ooh, shiny.
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Autocorrect will do its thing. Sorry about that.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #724 on: June 23, 2014, 12:57:22 PM »
Race the sun is my addiction right now. I am getting dam good at it too. Other than that, Xcom... You stole my life...