You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 02:35:22 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Has anyone played any good video games lately?  (Read 41614 times)

Offline Drake Valentine

• Architect of Worlds
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Making Your Darkest of Fantasies a Reality
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Has anyone played any good video games lately?
« Reply #650 on: June 05, 2014, 07:28:23 PM »
Another recommendation: I just finished Fire Emblem: Awakening today between practices. Went right into Hard. Game is fantastic.

Yea, normal was easy. Hard was still kind of easy for me. Lunatic Mode. Well, that is the real hard mode. I been doing a Lunatic mode + hardcore where people die they stay dead. Haven't played it in awhile so forgot where I was at on that difficulty, but I did beat hard and normal mode. Pretty sure I was around the area you can recruit the thief dude.

Offline Slave2Fantasy

« Reply #651 on: June 05, 2014, 10:42:25 PM »
I still play alot of Fallout New Vegas. The game is obviously a mess, but I still love it to death.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #652 on: June 05, 2014, 11:03:22 PM »
I'm going to be rediscovering a lot of my old PS2 games in the near future.  Turned out that our console just needed the lens cleaned.

Online King Serperior

• Elliquiy's Most Complicated Character Creator ~ King of the Futanari ~ Caretaker of Monster Girls ~ Please call me KS ~ Biggest Starcraft Fan ~ .jpg Deity ~ Muse Maestro ~ Elliquiy's Biggest Monster Musume Fan
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • I am a Warlock on par with Magnus Bane!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #653 on: June 05, 2014, 11:13:29 PM »
Restarted my Pokémon X version in yet another Nuzlocke.  Had some sad losses, but I have collected many good new teammates and friends   :-)

Offline Sel Nar

« Reply #654 on: June 06, 2014, 01:07:25 AM »
I'm going to be rediscovering a lot of my old PS2 games in the near future.  Turned out that our console just needed the lens cleaned.

If you want a reccomendation of a rather niche game, check out Warship Gunner 2. It's basically the story of a bunch of Vikings that settled the east coast of Russia, found some ancient superweapons, and decided to take over the World. You play as the captain of a loyalist fleet warship and have to basically gallivant all over the world blowing up superweapons to prevent the militaristic faction that took over your homeland from succeeding in its efforts.

Feel free to ignore the story, and instead enjoy the rather robust blueprint construction system that lets you custom-build and research your ships as you play through the game, followed by depopulating entire swathes of the world's oceans with a flurry of cannons, machineguns, phalanx radar-guided guns, missiles, depth charges, torpedoes, lasers, railguns, flamethrowers, rotary cannons, aircraft, really wierd aircraft, and, eventually superweapon parts of your own.

Offline Aleph

• Do I have to tell the story of a thousand rainy days since we first met?
  • Knight
  • Seducer
  • A moth trying to enter the bright eye.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #655 on: June 06, 2014, 02:50:23 AM »
I'm really trying to like Watch Dogs at the moment, I'm enjoying it but I'm not getting the same feeling of being drawn into the world as I did with fallout and GTA.  Enjoying Deus Ex HR a lot more, even though it's somewhat more linear in scope.

Offline Ironwolf85

• Eletronic Scribe of naughty things.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Here to have fun, Role play, and maybe get laid
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #656 on: June 06, 2014, 10:08:52 AM »
replaying Xcom baby. it's fun.

Offline GermanCake

« Reply #657 on: June 06, 2014, 11:07:07 AM »
I'm really trying to like Watch Dogs at the moment, I'm enjoying it but I'm not getting the same feeling of being drawn into the world as I did with fallout and GTA.  Enjoying Deus Ex HR a lot more, even though it's somewhat more linear in scope.

Does Watch Dogs have a skill tree? I was thinking of trying it if it was similar to Deus Ex in terms of gaining experience and spending it on skill upgrades.

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #658 on: June 06, 2014, 11:37:27 AM »
replaying Xcom baby. it's fun.
Which? I've been thinking of start up Enemy Within again. Normally I play it tons, but I went off on this WH40K kick.

Offline BlackNight897

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • Location: Small Islands.....long forgotten and lonely....relics of past empires.
  • I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #659 on: June 06, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
Dusted of my copy of ‘Band of Brothers’.  I love that ‘I forgot this was so good’ moment when, subconsciously you expect a game to show its age in game play and graphics. Instead, it actually runs with, and in some cases exceeds some newer games. 

To be honest, what blows me away now is the same thing which blew me away the first time I played it – the shear level of historical detail, and it’s the first time I remember the squad members having ‘faces’, a persona and story to their lives.

It is almost haunting that the streets, walls and hedges were digitally mapped from the actual battle fields of Normandy. I think it’s actually quite a lesson on so many levels. I expected the BAR or the Thompson would have been my weapon of choice (ala COD)…in this game, my weapon of choice - the M1 Garand. 

Its silly, but the fact that today is the 6th of June; I could not play it.  On one hand playing a ‘game’ based on those events felt a bit like I was trivialising the world changing events of that day.  On the other hand, Band of Brothers added another level to my respect for all people involved.   Talk about contradictions…..

Offline Drake Valentine

• Architect of Worlds
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Making Your Darkest of Fantasies a Reality
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #660 on: June 06, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »
Does Watch Dogs have a skill tree? I was thinking of trying it if it was similar to Deus Ex in terms of gaining experience and spending it on skill upgrades.

Kind of? Not sure how Deus Ex skill tree was as I never played it, so I cannot relate the two there. Though Watch Dogs does have a level system, but I don't think you get any stronger, you just gain skill points to invest in skills. It is in a circle grid, there is combat branch, driving branch, hacking branch, and crafting(I think) branch.

It also has a 'progress' system where if you do so much or get so far in certain side games/events/even main quest you unlock things, such as weapons, improved stats, or vehicles.

I actually enjoy it more for the competitive gaming. I usually do the 1vs1 backing where if you are invader you have to stalk your prey, hack their phone and find somewhere to hide or blend in while you collect their data. You can't hurt them or you fail. Of course, they can kill you just fine and these roles flipflop if you are invaded. Those cat and mouse games sidetracked me from other various side missions or main quest.

Offline Neysha

« Reply #661 on: June 16, 2014, 07:32:04 AM »
Played through all three Mass Effect games over the past couple weeks. Overall it was pretty good despite the ultimate ending. :)

Offline Zeth

« Reply #662 on: June 16, 2014, 10:50:49 AM »
I'm playing Batman: Arkham City. I wanted to play that before I pick up Origins so I know what is what. I just love how they did the characters, especially Penguin and Riddler. I just got to the showdown with Mr. Freeze, no spoilers please.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #663 on: June 16, 2014, 10:58:48 AM »
I'm playing Batman: Arkham City. I wanted to play that before I pick up Origins so I know what is what. I just love how they did the characters, especially Penguin and Riddler. I just got to the showdown with Mr. Freeze, no spoilers please.
The Mr. Freeze fights is one of the smartest boss fights I have ever encountered in gaming.  Good luck, and have fun.

Offline ThePrince

« Reply #664 on: June 17, 2014, 07:08:54 PM »
Played through all three Mass Effect games over the past couple weeks. Overall it was pretty good despite the ultimate ending. :)

I keep getting bogged down on 2 because I want to keep everyone alive. But you have a far greeter constitution than me to play through ME1 again.

I have been playing EVE Online, can't say it's a good, but it's a game. Now betting EVE currency on World Cup matches, that's a fun game.

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #665 on: June 17, 2014, 08:21:02 PM »
I'd kill for a new Sci-Fi turnbased strategy or Roguelike or something.

Offline Dallas

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #666 on: June 17, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »

Would you like blue, red... or green explosions? :P

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :D

Playing EQ on Fironia Vie (the RP server) & Neverwinter Nights: Diamond.

Star Wars: The Old Republic, though... ugh... I wish you were better.

Offline Changingsaint

« Reply #667 on: June 18, 2014, 01:18:53 AM »
I'd kill for a new Sci-Fi turnbased strategy or Roguelike or something.

You have seen Civilization: beyond earth, right? It's a 4x game though, same with the upcoming Galactic Civilizations sequel. I'd kill for another turn based strategy like Xcom: EU/EW but I doubt we'll be seeing it for a while.

So far it seems like there aren't really any games coming out I want until October and smash bros on 3DS. There is fantasy life and Bayonetta 2 coming out in america this years as well, but it seems like most games I want were announced to be coming out in 2015. Guess this means I can work on my gaming backlog.

Offline Dallas

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #668 on: June 18, 2014, 05:46:38 AM »
Just got into... this...

Offline Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #669 on: June 18, 2014, 06:16:44 AM »
You have seen Civilization: beyond earth, right? It's a 4x game though, same with the upcoming Galactic Civilizations sequel. I'd kill for another turn based strategy like Xcom: EU/EW but I doubt we'll be seeing it for a while.

So far it seems like there aren't really any games coming out I want until October and smash bros on 3DS. There is fantasy life and Bayonetta 2 coming out in america this years as well, but it seems like most games I want were announced to be coming out in 2015. Guess this means I can work on my gaming backlog.
I don't like Galactic Civilizations, yeah I know, I know. I find it way too silly.

I don't like my sci-fi strategy games silly. Other than that, yeah everything's coming out... not this year.

Offline Zeth

« Reply #670 on: June 18, 2014, 05:59:58 PM »
I beat Mr. Freeze and shall now go on to Falcon punch the Joker. I love how they did all the characters though. Even the Mad Hatter seemed menacing in this game.

Offline CaptainNexus616

« Reply #671 on: June 18, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »
On my second playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It is a very underappreciated game in my book and deserves to more attention.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:47:12 PM by CaptainNexus616 »

Offline Dallas

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #672 on: June 19, 2014, 12:32:36 AM »
I loved everything about it... except I felt that the boss fights were a bit... well, I think they could have done a better job in that one area. But other than that little nitpick, I thought very highly of it. It was a heck of a ride.

Offline scribus1000

« Reply #673 on: June 19, 2014, 02:11:38 AM »
I loved everything about it... except I felt that the boss fights were a bit... well, I think they could have done a better job in that one area. But other than that little nitpick, I thought very highly of it. It was a heck of a ride.

Highly agreed with that assessment. I'm still playing through it, but what I've gone through so far has been excellent.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #674 on: June 19, 2014, 12:37:30 PM »
Highly agreed with that assessment. I'm still playing through it, but what I've gone through so far has been excellent.
Finish the game first.

Personally, out of 10 I give it a 7.5 (with 5 being an average, playable and somewhat fun experience.)