You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 01:57:26 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Has anyone played any good video games lately?  (Read 41313 times)

Offline Chris Brady

Re: Has anyone played any good video games lately?
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2014, 03:29:09 AM »
Fair enough, but it's only a 10 dollar price difference between each.  Just as an FYI.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2014, 03:52:36 AM »
Fair enough, but it's only a 10 dollar price difference between each.  Just as an FYI.

Well if I am downloading it I'll not have to waste gas, pay no tax on it and never have to worry about leaving it at home.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2014, 03:21:36 PM »
I cannot stress how good Bravely Default is....

Offline Frost

« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2014, 08:01:48 PM »
anyone played Starbound yet? I am considering getting it

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2014, 08:06:44 PM »
No, not lately. :P

I can't find anything juicy.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2014, 10:33:22 PM »
anyone played Starbound yet? I am considering getting it

Like a lot of building games, have friends to play with.

Online Changingsaint

« Reply #306 on: February 03, 2014, 03:08:56 PM »
I've been playing some more monster hunter on the 3DS while I recover from a cold.

This game is amazingly fun. If you can stomach the tutorial (Which is pretty important as far as tutorials go, there is a lot to learn in the game) and fight your first large monster (The Great Jaggi), you'll be able to tell if the game is for you.I've sunk probably about 24+ hours into the game this week alone, and i'm not even close to being finished. All of the monsters do their own, unique attacks and challenges, and cutting off the tail/breaking a horn/breaking monster parts is so satisfying. having just gotten an upgraded Gunlance from the Lagiacrus, theres also a lot of neat weapons too. The overwhelmingly powerful hammer, the versatile switch axe, the nimble dual blades - they're all fun.

The only complaint I have with it so far is no online play for the 3DS, but with Monster hunter 4U coming out in america next year, we'll have online play with that version.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #307 on: February 03, 2014, 04:48:57 PM »
Anyone like puzzle games? I had the pleasure of playing one for the NDS a few years ago called Prism: Light the Way where you move little flashlight aliens around a grid to make their light beams reflect onto other little light-absorbing aliens. I recently lucked out and found a copy at Gamestop for $1.99 (such an injustice for a great, and rare, game) and started replaying it, getting farther than I had last time. It's damn challenging once you get into it and totally worth it. You get to take your time unlike with Tetris (which I prefer since I like to analyze without that pressure).

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2014, 02:01:46 AM »
Finally finished the bravely default demo, monster hunter for 3ds along with FFIII and DQIX.  Been playing Pokemon X and Y off and on.  I can only hatch so many eggs a day before I have to call it quits.

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #309 on: February 04, 2014, 07:40:58 AM »
Baldur's Gate. Again.

Offline Mnemaxa

« Reply #310 on: February 04, 2014, 08:22:33 AM »
They don't make side scrolling shooters anymore, unless you count the bullet hells of Touhou. 

Offline Mathim

« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2014, 02:33:41 PM »
They don't make side scrolling shooters anymore, unless you count the bullet hells of Touhou.

Can you give an example of one? I'm having a hard time remembering that particular genre as far as side-scrollers.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2014, 02:48:07 PM »
Can you give an example of one? I'm having a hard time remembering that particular genre as far as side-scrollers.

Metal Slug.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2014, 06:30:50 PM »
Contra, Gradius, Einhander...

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2014, 07:22:31 PM »

Einhander was awesome.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #315 on: February 04, 2014, 07:49:51 PM »
I only played the demo, but it did seem pretty neat.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #316 on: February 04, 2014, 09:04:08 PM »
I only played the demo, but it did seem pretty neat.

I had it when I owned my original psone.  Got lost some where through out me moving here and there.

Offline King Serperior

• Elliquiy's Most Complicated Character Creator ~ King of the Futanari ~ Caretaker of Monster Girls ~ Please call me KS ~ Biggest Starcraft Fan ~ .jpg Deity ~ Muse Maestro ~ Elliquiy's Biggest Monster Musume Fan
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • I am a Warlock on par with Magnus Bane!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #317 on: February 05, 2014, 06:38:47 AM »
Thinking of dusting off my Pokémon Black version and my Gameshark and doing a Nuzlocke Randomizer.  Haven't done one of those in ages.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #318 on: February 05, 2014, 04:27:38 PM »

Ah, I remember those. Not really sure they need to make a comeback when 3D stuff is so much more immersive; wasn't Einhander almost 3D anyway? Not that those weren't enjoyable but sometimes getting off the rails (which 2D is pretty limited to) is the only way to go.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2014, 04:52:37 PM »
Pokemon X/Y with pokemon bank.  Trying out Aion and it is pretty decent thus far. 

Never mind, just got a hold of a 6IV ditto.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:52:57 PM by SinXAzgard21 »

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #320 on: February 08, 2014, 12:18:10 PM »
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.

Man, this is some OLD SCHOOL FF stuff.  And it's got some really neat twists with the Bravely and Default mechanics.

...I miss Einhander.

Online Changingsaint

« Reply #321 on: February 08, 2014, 12:21:40 PM »
Einhander was a great shmup. If you want to try another awesome Shmup, play Ikaruga. Its been greenlit on steam, so should be coming out on PC sometime soon. Of course, its also available on dreamcast (via a really expensive import!) Or gamecube.

Offline Zekromnomnom

« Reply #322 on: February 08, 2014, 04:13:28 PM »
I bought like five games in the month I got my 3DS and never beat any of them so far. All were pretty fun, but I just haven't felt like finishing them. I find myself wanting to play Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door again.

Actually, I should probably just play Chrono Trigger again. I love it so damn much.

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #323 on: February 08, 2014, 04:16:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm always meaning  to go back and play Chrono Trigger, but then I remembered that I beat the Dream Eater at the end of time with just Chrono. X3

Thinking about picking up Enemy Within again. I need my Sci-fi fix, damnit.

Offline Zekromnomnom

« Reply #324 on: February 08, 2014, 04:36:37 PM »
My thing is I have so many games I never beat, so I should try to do that, but I just never have. Chrono Trigger just makes me feel so good.