You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 02:05:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Has anyone played any good video games lately?  (Read 41661 times)

Offline Chris Brady

Re: Has anyone played any good video games lately?
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2013, 11:17:12 PM »
GTA V.  Because, frankly, it's probably be more mature.

I won't be getting it, because I've never liked the series, I've heard it's been pretty good and each game gets better as Rockstar makes them.

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2013, 05:58:32 AM »
I'd probably go with GTAV. I'm betting it has a lot more diverse gameplay.

Saints Row 4 is quickly becoming a slog for me. It's side missions are just sandbox events you could do on your own. In fact, if you wanted to cut down on travel time just do them all out there. :P

Offline Atarn

« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2013, 03:20:16 AM »
Shadowrun Returns; even with a horrible save game system and some bugs it's the second best game I've played this year. (The first being Dust: Elysian Tail)

Offline alextaylor

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2013, 11:32:26 PM »
Card Hunter just opened today. It's a dungeon romp style game where you use cards for your attacks. Anyone who loves roguelikes and card games should enjoy this one.

Instead of having to sort through 200+ cards by yourself, you have to choose between equipment and skills, which come attached to 4 or so cards. So while you still have the fun of building a deck, it's a lot faster.

E.g. an axe might give a few slash cards (multiple attacks card), a sword might give some high damage attack cards, a spear might allow attacks at longer range and have more armor piercing cards. Boots give you movement cards. Shields give you cards that absorb damage. You can pick between, say, a shield that absorbs a lot of damage but is unreliable or a shield that absorbs little damage but functions nearly 100% of the time.

http://www.cardhunter.com/
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:23:19 AM by alextaylor »

Offline Shjade

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2013, 12:54:43 AM »
This is...surprisingly nifty so far. Thanks Alex. =D

Offline GarthMarenghi

« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2013, 12:53:50 PM »
A game called "The Cat Lady", didn't really expect much from it at first but it's really drawn me in and quite unique/interesting.
Not for the easily disturbed though, has some pretty strange things in it like a psycho that recreates famous art using dead bodies and wires..

You basically play as a woman that only has cats for friends and been through so much that she commited suicide, but some old woman decides to give her a second chance at life and grants her immortality until she's able to rid the world of a bunch of evil people from her life. It's very dark, gritty and deals with a lot of serious issues but the gameplay is very adventure game like and the visuals fit well.

I should also mention that there's lot's of different choices and ways to finish certain sections, from taking different doors/not saving people/building alternative things, and the dialogue choices are all very unique and change how her story plays for instance you can choose how her mother treated her as a child, and her father and what option you pick shows you the story of how she was treated and effects certain outcomes so there's plenty of replayability.

It's not a game for those that love action/fast paced games though, it's a very slow burner and you'll have to sit and listen to a lot of conversations and scenes but if you don't mind that stuff then it's a great game.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:14:22 PM by GarthMarenghi »

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2013, 04:18:45 PM »
Card Hunter looks like it might be fun, and it doesn't look like it'd be too rough on my particular internet situation.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2013, 07:21:50 PM »
One black mark on Card Hunter's gameplay, though it should come as no surprise considering the context: holy RNG, Batman.

Very frustrating to be stuck on one guy because he keeps parrying, drawing a parry, parrying, drawing a parry... Oh, and of course all his attacks are going through fine because YOUR blocks and armor never feel like rolling high. -.-

Offline Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »
One black mark on Card Hunter's gameplay, though it should come as no surprise considering the context: holy RNG, Batman.

Very frustrating to be stuck on one guy because he keeps parrying, drawing a parry, parrying, drawing a parry... Oh, and of course all his attacks are going through fine because YOUR blocks and armor never feel like rolling high. -.-
All hail the random number god. He is an old god. One of many rules and no mercy. :)

Offline Cowboy

« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2013, 10:51:15 PM »
The Last of Us, Madden 25, Diablo 3  >:), and I just started Persona 4 Arena. Amazing game.

Also, I picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 today and it's amazing. It has Kingdom Hearts Final Cut (first time it's been released in the US) in HD, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, and all the cut scenes from the Kingdom Hearts PSP game I can't remember the name of. Playing through all the Kingdom Hearts games again before 3 comes out

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2013, 12:20:15 AM »
The Last of Us, Madden 25, Diablo 3  >:), and I just started Persona 4 Arena. Amazing game.

Also, I picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 today and it's amazing. It has Kingdom Hearts Final Cut (first time it's been released in the US) in HD, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, and all the cut scenes from the Kingdom Hearts PSP game I can't remember the name of. Playing through all the Kingdom Hearts games again before 3 comes out

The cut scenes are from the DS game.

Offline Koren

« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2013, 09:28:42 AM »
If people like that old school feel there are endless TRLE (Tomb Raider Level Editor) Custom levels out there for people to download for free and play

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2013, 09:40:28 AM »
The cut scenes are from the DS game.
358/2 Days

Offline E1Alpha

• The Gooey King Jelly of all Gelatinous things Slimey
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *Squish Squish* I'm a jelly... FEAH ME *Squish*
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2013, 10:20:30 AM »
I've been on a Mass Effect spree myself o.o

Been a long time since I felt emotionally attached to virtual characters D: Damn those moral choices!

Offline Sel Nar

« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2013, 10:39:56 AM »
I got this working Again.

I think I win for classic awesome games. :P

Offline Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2013, 10:42:04 AM »
I keep hoping for a Steam release because that one is a bitch to get running. I couldn't even get it up on XP with the Windows version.

Offline Rhedyn

« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »
A game called "The Cat Lady"

I loved that game :)

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2013, 12:55:00 PM »
358/2 Days

That's the one, wasn't very good either.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2013, 04:22:43 PM »
That's the one, wasn't very good either.
Which, I gather (and I may be wrong, but this is what the various comments and interviews gave the impression of), is the reason that they turned the game into a 3 hour movie for this.

I'll have to pick it up some day.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »
Which, I gather (and I may be wrong, but this is what the various comments and interviews gave the impression of), is the reason that they turned the game into a 3 hour movie for this.

I'll have to pick it up some day.

Pretty much.  Pick it up used.

Offline makizushi

« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2013, 07:02:57 PM »
GTA V.

Hands down, best game I have ever played.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2013, 02:47:52 AM »
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

This is like all the bad, sci-fi action movies of the 80's ganged up and came to life.  I love it.

Offline Formless

« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2013, 04:44:38 AM »
Guess November will be my time to post here. ;D

Offline Sex Bobomb

« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2013, 07:08:49 AM »
Played an indie title called To The Moon a little while back. It was under 4 hours long but had far more of an emotional impact that I'd care to admit. The music was gorgeous and the story was interesting and moving. I highly recommend it.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2013, 11:48:10 AM »
Y'know, I've had To The Moon installed for months and still haven't started it (adventure games not really my thing most of the time). I really should get to it one of these days.