You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 12:16:33 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: bioshock infinite  (Read 2438 times)

Offline animationprincessofOooTopic starter

Re: bioshock infinite
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2013, 11:18:09 PM »
On the topic of religion.. did anyone read that article about Glen Beck and how Bioshock Infinite was promoting anti conservative message to the youth? I nearly choked on water reading that. I don't need a video game to tell me they are evil their campaigns tell me enough. :P

Offline Koren

« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/08/where-bioshock-infinites-been-and-where-its-going/

Thought you guys might find this interesting given the discussion

Offline animationprincessofOooTopic starter

« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »
Ok, so who is beyond excited for the DLC? Return to Rapture?!

Offline Shjade

« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2013, 12:46:41 PM »
Every church I see has crosses on them, or inside a statuette of Christ on the cross usually behind the Priest's podium, which are all iconography, as well as cross earrings and necklaces and other jewelry.  These are very common around here.  Do churches or people in your area not do the same?  (Honest question)

Yes, the churches around here do have crosses prominently on display.

They also are full of congregants who don't pray to those crosses. I've never heard even one of them open or end a prayer with, "Oh Father Cross, Bearer of the Lamb, hear me."

Iconography isn't even close to idol worship.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2013, 08:57:22 PM »
Apparently, Mr. Levine DID model Comstock around Christianity according to this interview.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/1/4576374/ken-levine-discusses-the-meaning-in-bioshock-infinite

Offline Shjade

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2013, 10:54:03 PM »
Man, if only we'd already said it has the trappings of Christianity but not the content, as if that were used as some kind of inspiration or model.

Oh wait.