Recover Mobile Phone Gmail Password

Started by Kythia, July 14, 2013, 08:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

So I have a Gmail account on my phone which is permanently signed in.  I now want to set it up on a new (to me) laptop as well.  The problem is I have literally no idea what the password for my Gmail account is.  I can't use password recovery as I can't have a password sent to my recovery account if Ive logged in within four days, which I do from my phone, and following through the "I no longer have access to the recovery account" process requires me to type in the last password I remember, which I don't.

Googling how to do it pulls up that I should be clicking on the gear icon in the top right, but there isn't a gear icon in the top right.

So does anyone know how to change a gmail password on a mobile (cell)?  If I can just change it to something from the mobile I can use that same password on the laptop.

Oniya

Do you have a 'Settings' tab available to you on the mobile app?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kythia

Oniya

Okay - is there an 'Account Settings' tab off of that?  You should be able to change your password there if it exists.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kythia

No, just "Help" and "About"

I think my easiest bet may be to sign out on the phone and leave it four days, tbh.  No time pressure on it.