Werewolf: the Apocalypse

Started by Datawych, July 11, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datawych

Something I've been wanting to try for an impossibly long time that I've never seen mentioned anywhere on E, so I figured it put this up and see if anyone else is interested in something like this.

A newly formed pack of Garou, trying to find their place in Gaia's plans, come to terms with their birthright, and fighting the ever-waging war against the Wyrm.

I think it would probably work best with 3 to 5 pack members plus a storyteller, but I'm fine with anything that gets a game/story going, really. However, I don't have any experience running anything like this, and personally am a lot more interested in playing one of the pack members.

At the moment there can't really be an established story until I know how many people are interested, but for people who don't have any experience with the setting:

Players take the role of werewolves known as Garou. These Garou are usually warriors who are locked in a two-front war against both the spiritual desolation of urban civilization and supernatural forces of corruption that seek to bring about the Apocalypse.

VioletPanda

I am quite familar with World of Darkness, though more through study than experience and would love to try Werewolf! Count me in! I hope we can get more people!
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

windstar

I'd love to play some W:tA either as a full story or a quick 1 x 1 thing.

Sain

Pretty familiar with at least the NWoD setting, though I have only opened the werewolf books once or twice while playing vamp characters. However I might be interested in playing a wolfie for once, but I've couple of questions first.

Would the WoD rules and dice rolling be a big part in this campaign or just the setting?

Also on what platform would the RP happen, forums or something else?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

windstar

Quote from: Theotherme on July 29, 2013, 05:10:02 PM
Pretty familiar with at least the NWoD setting, though I have only opened the werewolf books once or twice while playing vamp characters.

Apocalypse is a pretty big departure from Forsaken - they're pretty much different games. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, but they definitely have hugely divergent themes.

Forsaken is more serious and darker and in tone. Apocalypse is pretty much the most over-the-top 90's thing. Example: In one adventure, the characters are supposed to get flower necklaces that let them breathe in space, then run up a moonbeam to punch a meteor in half. Oh, and there are demons on the meteor. Another book has hermaphrodite-werewolf-Jesus. One of the major villains from the Changing Breed books is pretty much a genocide-crazed Scar from the Lion King, but also he eats souls.

I love W:tA, is what I'm saying here.

Sain

Oh.. that sounds a bit different from what I had imagined. Think I'll have to withdraw my comment about my piqued interest if that's the case as I'm more of a fan of those darker settings when it comes to playing denizens of the night or some wolfie.

Thanks for the clarification windstar.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301