You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 01:58:07 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Werewolf: the Apocalypse  (Read 359 times)

Offline DatawychTopic starter

• In the virulent throes of Freud's penis envy
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • Great thing about being insane? You're never bored
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Werewolf: the Apocalypse
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:38:19 AM »
Something I've been wanting to try for an impossibly long time that I've never seen mentioned anywhere on E, so I figured it put this up and see if anyone else is interested in something like this.

A newly formed pack of Garou, trying to find their place in Gaia's plans, come to terms with their birthright, and fighting the ever-waging war against the Wyrm.

I think it would probably work best with 3 to 5 pack members plus a storyteller, but I'm fine with anything that gets a game/story going, really. However, I don't have any experience running anything like this, and personally am a lot more interested in playing one of the pack members.

At the moment there can't really be an established story until I know how many people are interested, but for people who don't have any experience with the setting:

Players take the role of werewolves known as Garou. These Garou are usually warriors who are locked in a two-front war against both the spiritual desolation of urban civilization and supernatural forces of corruption that seek to bring about the Apocalypse.

Offline VioletPanda

Re: Werewolf: the Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 09:00:51 AM »
I am quite familar with World of Darkness, though more through study than experience and would love to try Werewolf! Count me in! I hope we can get more people!

Offline windstar

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 05:56:40 PM »
I'd love to play some W:tA either as a full story or a quick 1 x 1 thing.

Offline Sain

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 05:10:02 PM »
Pretty familiar with at least the NWoD setting, though I have only opened the werewolf books once or twice while playing vamp characters. However I might be interested in playing a wolfie for once, but I've couple of questions first.

Would the WoD rules and dice rolling be a big part in this campaign or just the setting?

Also on what platform would the RP happen, forums or something else?

Offline windstar

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 07:46:25 AM »
Pretty familiar with at least the NWoD setting, though I have only opened the werewolf books once or twice while playing vamp characters.

Apocalypse is a pretty big departure from Forsaken - they're pretty much different games. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, but they definitely have hugely divergent themes.

Forsaken is more serious and darker and in tone. Apocalypse is pretty much the most over-the-top 90's thing. Example: In one adventure, the characters are supposed to get flower necklaces that let them breathe in space, then run up a moonbeam to punch a meteor in half. Oh, and there are demons on the meteor. Another book has hermaphrodite-werewolf-Jesus. One of the major villains from the Changing Breed books is pretty much a genocide-crazed Scar from the Lion King, but also he eats souls.

I love W:tA, is what I'm saying here.

Offline Sain

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 03:22:24 PM »
Oh.. that sounds a bit different from what I had imagined. Think I'll have to withdraw my comment about my piqued interest if that's the case as I'm more of a fan of those darker settings when it comes to playing denizens of the night or some wolfie.

Thanks for the clarification windstar.