You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 11:51:01 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Into the Grim Darkness (40k Rogue Trader, Recruiting Temporarily Closed)  (Read 3627 times)

Offline arkhos

Nice character, Irishwolf!

So far I really like all the characters that have been posted!

-ark

Offline Silk

Name: Ysena Ymmuri
Race: Exodite Eldar
Appearance:
Role: Pilot, Translator, dogfighter
Skills: Multi-lingual(Eldar, high gothic, low gothic), Piloting, space combat. Aerial combat.
Background:
Ysena Ymmuri unlike the majority of the Eldar species was not born to the Craftworlds or the Web way cities. Instead she is one of the ever growing populations of Exodite Eldar. Her group was so enclosed and out of the way that even the craft world Alaitoc was scarcely aware of their presence. Away from the toils of war that Eldar constantly trained, her group insisted on a peaceful life, granting highest worship to Isha.
Throughout her early life, Ysena spent many years toiling at the small space dock that was designed purely for occasional trading ships. Although even to the Exodites, they were aware that some measure of defense was needed to ensure their survival. This is where Ysena’s main trade came into play, once she was of age she found to have a great gift for piloting spacecraft, this was largely due to her desire to spread her wings and travel elsewhere, like many Eldar young she had a recklessness and sense of wonder and exploration that lead to many choosing the path of the outcast and traveling the universe until their lust is sated.
Ysena ultimately would be no different to those that preceded her, feeling the call of travel she bid farewell to her family for a time, admitting her return to the world in the future, gifted with a Nightwing fighter ship, Ysena started to hop to nearby shipyards searching for work and a means of further exploration.
Eventually she saw a advert seeking a new pilot for a rogue trader ship, finding that they had space to dock her fighter, she decided it would be the perfect opportunity to begin her adventure. First visiting around the yard, not wishing to traverse out of her comfort zone so early, she came across someone selling a few pieces of armaments which the decoration appealed to her, although not perfectly functioning; Ysena figured that being armed badly was preferable to not being armed outright.
Now feeling more confident with her new arms, she made her way to the Rogue trader seeking to fill the role of a pilot.

Arms and Equipment: Single barrelled Shotgun, Crafted Pistol, Sword
Ons:
Not experienced enough to comment (Basically willing to do anything, but the more extreme the less consent there will be)
Offs: Taking part in more extreme kinks willingly.

Online IrishWolf

Why thank you arkhos, I'm sure that Dieter and Elaran will get along well.....mawhahahaha.

Theres something thats been tugging at my mind though and made it a little hard to get to sleep this morning. Its one of those weird things. Now then, Jezabelle put on his character sheet that Cicatrix has secret and filthy lusts for xenos, with orks mentioned in particular. So what got me thinking, is can orks do that?

I mean, orks reproduce through spores, so do they have the equipment or drive for sex?

Offline arkhos

Why thank you arkhos, I'm sure that Dieter and Elaran will get along well.....mawhahahaha.

Theres something thats been tugging at my mind though and made it a little hard to get to sleep this morning. Its one of those weird things. Now then, Jezabelle put on his character sheet that Cicatrix has secret and filthy lusts for xenos, with orks mentioned in particular. So what got me thinking, is can orks do that?

I mean, orks reproduce through spores, so do they have the equipment or drive for sex?

Heheh my guy will definitely have traces of 'eldar arrogance', but he's not stupid - he's in a human-dominated setting, with no way home, so he's not going to -purposely- antagonize anyone unless they truly deserve it. ;) And now, it appears we'll have a wonderfully-made exodite on board, so it is my hope that he will have -one- person with whom he can chat using his mother-tongue.

But seriously, in all the other WH games I've tried to be apart of, usually you get half the group wanting to play veteran space marines. So far, this collection of characters looks very, very interesting. To me, at least.

As for orcs and such... I was never one to follow their lore that closely. I remember the 'spore' thing, but I don't recall a lot of talk about reproduction organs for them... though I do seem to recall seeing female orc figures for various GW games, though very, very rarely. Since it's an adult matter, they may never have addressed it specifically, and it might just be up to Red to determine if orcs have the 'plumbing' to do the deed or not.  lol! :)

-ark

Offline RedMoonTopic starter

Thanks Silk, looks good! Please fill out that little survey and PM it to me, and we'll be all set.

As for Orkish reproductive capabilities, I would say that typically no, they do not. Despite the occasional mention of female Orks, I believe they are generally genderless, and reproduce asexually, since they are actually plants. But, as Neysha pointed out to me, if that's the case, why do they wear pants? Probably just Games Workshop being silly.

Anyway, we're going to take some liberties with our RP, so, no need to worry about it.

Online IrishWolf

Heheh my guy will definitely have traces of 'eldar arrogance', but he's not stupid - he's in a human-dominated setting, with no way home, so he's not going to -purposely- antagonize anyone unless they truly deserve it. ;) And now, it appears we'll have a wonderfully-made exodite on board, so it is my hope that he will have -one- person with whom he can chat using his mother-tongue.

But seriously, in all the other WH games I've tried to be apart of, usually you get half the group wanting to play veteran space marines. So far, this collection of characters looks very, very interesting. To me, at least.

SPEHSS MAHREENS!

Bah, Space Marines are nothing more then overarmored glory hogs. The true servants of the Emperor are the men and women of the Guard! Facing the horrors of the universe and defying them with hot blasts of las death!

Offline arkhos

SPEHSS MAHREENS!

Bah, Space Marines are nothing more then overarmored glory hogs. The true servants of the Emperor are the men and women of the Guard! Facing the horrors of the universe and defying them with hot blasts of las death!

Heh, in my 40K group, I definitely call them all "SPAZZ MAREENZ!" so, yeah... more than half the people in my group play Marines or some version of them. I myself only play Xenos. Hooray for Xenos! :)

And of course the Guard is the TRUE workhorse of the Imperium!

Offline Silk

Well I prefer my Waaagh and bolter bitches. (Although I'm in the process of getting a small White Scars force)

Offline Jezabelle

Indoodles, I too had thought to their spore-based reproduction-- which I got from the 40k RTS games-- but then I go to warhammer40kwikia (not as good as the Lexicanum but still nice articles) and find this:

Orks are born to Feral Ork enclaves as Wildboyz. They are then recruited into warbands and fight for a while with primitive weapons such as spears, before being recruited into a Boyz Mob and being given their first Shoota. If they survive the ensuing ten or twenty years of warfare, they become overwhelmed with the urge to go off "lookin' fer sumfink" and wander back to their enclaves to breed, developing sexual characteristics on the way. In newer editions, however, adult Orks are constantly giving off fungus-like spores which lie in the ground of worlds they invade or settle, often for years, waiting to develop into Orks or Gretchin

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Orks

I found it by F3'ing "spores."  Orks explicity references perhaps more of a joke though, not that I'm not open to the idea  ;D  there are plenty of Xenos in 40k; we shall see which we encounter the most.

EDIT: This, too--

Orks actually consist of two symbiotic organisms that have been genetically linked by their original creators: one comparable to a terrestrial animal and the other to an algae or fungus living within the former's bloodstream and skin. An Ork's animal cells carry the genetic information of only the individual's Orkoid subspecies, but the alga has genetic information for all the varieties of Orkoid, as well as the different Oddboyz, and it helps to heal wounds by providing greater biochemical energy supplies when necessary.

Perhaps the animal DNA results in them still having the organs, despite their lack of reproductive value or use (or impracticality compared to spores).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:46:00 PM by Jezabelle »

Offline RedMoonTopic starter

Good to know. Thanks Jezabelle!

Yes, I suspect for the purposes of our RP, we will be overlooking a lot of canon regarding reproduction. :p But that's fine! More fun that way.

In other news, please feel free to take your chatter over to our spiffy new OOC thread.

Offline Silk

Why can I see someone getting mounted by a squig at some point.

Offline PaladinZenaku

• I can be the wolf of your wet dreams or your bloodiest nightmares.
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • My fur is soft so come and cuddle if you want.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Man I missed the recruitment for this. My pirate space marine (already have a bio wrote up) will now have to wait. I will keep this thread in my bookmarks just incase it opens again.