You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 02:03:14 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Into the Grim Darkness (40k Rogue Trader, Recruiting Temporarily Closed)  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Silk

Re: Into the Grim Darkness (Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader Interest Check)
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 08:15:44 AM »
Is there still space for this, and if so is there anything in particular that your missing for a rounded party?

Offline RedMoonTopic starter

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 08:18:02 AM »
Yup, definitely still room. We've got a couple of combat characters, a couple of Psykers... Don't have a pilot/Voidmaster yet, so, we do need someone to actually fly the ship. If that's not your cup of tea, it's not a problem, we'll NPC the role. I think at this point, you're free to make whatever you'd like. Rogue-type characters might be welcome, too. Really though, I'm sure we'd be able to find a place for anything you'd like to make. :)

Offline Silk

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 08:21:30 AM »
I don't mind being some kind of pilot, want me to be generic human or I could always mix it up. Had an old character concept for a Veteran grot bomba. He was smart enough to hold his breath when guiding the missile :3

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 08:29:17 AM »
Hehe. Well, as entertaining as it might be, I'm not sure a grot would be able to pilot an imperial ship. I'm also not sure he'd be welcome to try. :p

That said, there are other options on the more human end of things, and don't think you have to have a character from the Imperial service. Pirates, gang members, mutants, they're all good.

Offline IrishWolf

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 09:53:01 AM »
Hey RedMoon,

Sorry I haven't gotten a character up yet, work's been a bitch lately. Anyways, I'm of two minds about my character and I'd like a little of your feed back before I commit to either idea.

The first idea and the one I like better is some sort of Imperial Guard Grenadier and not an officer. I mean, what situation couldn't be solved by a man with a hellgun and a bunch of grenades? I think this character would be more useful then the other one I have in mind but the harder to work into having come to the attention of Matthias Kohler. I don't see him swapping war stories with enlisted men during a warp voyage. The only thing I could think of was maybe they were on the same ship at sometimes and there was a mutiny and they met while putting it down?

The other idea was a Sergeant-at-Arms from  Kohler's former ship's contingent of Naval Armsmen. Not as useful dirtside as the Grenadier, maybe more so during ship boardings/exploring wrecks but easier to tie into having been known to our newest Rogue Trader.

Preference to either idea? Ideas? Improvements to the character idea?

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »
No problem! I was going to give everyone who had expressed interest time to finish everything up.

As for your ideas, I think both work, and both have their merits. As you said, the second idea makes their meeting easier, but, if you think it would be more fun to play an enlisted man, that's no problem either. Most larger Imperial ships carry regiments of Guardsman on board, and use them for a combination of ground deployment, boarding actions, or whatever else comes up that needs soldiers. Matthias, during his Navy days, likely would have had such a regiment on board. He might not have chatted with every enlisted man, but, he would have participated in some combat himself. If you wanted to go with the enlisted Grenadier idea, perhaps he proved himself in combat, even saved Matthias during a boarding gone wrong. Just tossing ideas out there!

Offline Red Offerings

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 11:27:07 AM »
Ooook this might bring me out of my hiatus! I might be interested in a Seneschal role. But I'll have to fill out the form when I get off of work this evening. I can tell you it'll be a female.

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 11:31:38 AM »
Hehe. You're more than welcome to join. We're starting to get pretty female-heavy (not that I, personally, am complaining), so I hope that's alright with everyone. We've got one or two more male characters incoming, and there will be plenty of NPC action, so, hopefully things will balance out. We shall do our best to accommodate everyone. :)

Have to say, I did not expect this many female characters at all. A pleasant surprise! Guess it will be a harem-ship after all. :p

We've got enough people to start now, so, I think I'm going to temporarily close down registrations some time this evening (people who have expressed interest, but are still working on characters are fine) until we get things rolling. We'll see how we do with the numbers we have, and then maybe expand from there. Thanks to everyone who's expressed interest and/or joined so far!

Offline Red Offerings

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »
Taco parties are better than sausage parties. :)

Offline arkhos

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »
Taco parties are better than sausage parties. :)

Why not both? :)

-ark

Offline Red Offerings

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 11:38:26 AM »
Why not both? :)

-ark

/shrug

I guess sausage tacos could be good.

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 11:45:27 AM »
When life gives you tacos, you... Put... Sausages in them?

Offline arkhos

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 11:47:39 AM »
Hey, there's room enough on the plate for a taco, and off to the side, there's room for sausage!

TA-DAAAAA! Best of both worlds! (if you are so inclined, of course! :P )

-ark

Offline Red Offerings

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 11:50:07 AM »
When life gives you tacos, you... Put... Sausages in them?

That works!

Hey, there's room enough on the plate for a taco, and off to the side, there's room for sausage!

TA-DAAAAA! Best of both worlds! (if you are so inclined, of course! :P )

-ark

Well I'm exclusively a sausage fan anyways.

Offline arkhos

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »
That works!

Well I'm exclusively a sausage fan anyways.

Good point. I myself am a taco fan only.

But if it makes a difference Red, I think one or two of the ladies are bi or gay, for those who might be interested. It -seems- like we're developing a pretty well-rounded group in most ways! :)

-ark

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2013, 12:12:01 PM »
Yup, I think we'll do alright. Glad to see we go so much interest!

As I said, I'll probably start putting threads up on monday, and we'll get rolling sometime through next week. Looking forward to RPing with all of you. :)

Offline Red Offerings

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »
Now to make my character! Bahahahahaha!

Offline ChaoticSky

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2013, 10:07:45 PM »
If possible id like to join as a explorator>Genetor, ship medic! is it too late? !_!

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »
You juuuust slipped in under the wire. :)

Ship medic is definitely a good idea! Feel free to make up a character and send it my way.

Offline ChaoticSky

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2013, 11:11:15 PM »
You juuuust slipped in under the wire. :)

Ship medic is definitely a good idea! Feel free to make up a character and send it my way.
And left my brain behind apparently. @_@, I think ill pass, sorry i jumped the gun alittle. XD

Aw, that's a shame. Thanks for considering anyway. :)

Offline IrishWolf

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2013, 04:31:28 AM »
Alright, here we go! One Hellgun toting Grenadier coming up!

Appearance:
Name: Dieter Ekkehard
Race: Human
Appearance: Standing at a good six feet and four inches, Dieter is a powerfully build man with broad shoulders and deep chest, from his early years working in a mine and most of his adult life wearing ceramite body armor, while carrying heavy equipment. Once brown hair has turned prematurely dark gray, making him look older then he should and is kept trimmed short, near to his scalp.

As he is fresh from his unit, he has no civilian clothing, just a few sets of his battle dress (light blue jacket and pants, combat boots) and his dress uniform (black boots, red trousers, light blue jacket with red pipping and red braid epaulettes and a black kepi.)
Role: Militant
Skills: Trained as part of an elite company in the Imperial Guard, Dieter is highly aggressive in combat, always striving to advance against the enemy and to be the first into the breach. When defneding, he holds with such a stubbornness, that one might think he doesn't understand the word withdraw. He could repair or even rebuild his hellgun blindfolded, trained this way by representatives of the Departmento Munitorum, given his use of a rare weapon and how few forgeworlds could build a replacement if he broke it. He has a very good throwing arm, able to land grenades within inches of his target.
Background: Born on Rhanda, Dieter was the son of the miner and would have lived his life tunneling through the earth if the Governor hadn't received a demand from the Departmento Munitorum to raise several regiments. Drafted into these new raisings at seventeen, his height and size marked him out from the rest of the conscripts and luckily got him into the grenadier company of the Fifth Rhanda Infantry. As the new regiments were leaving their homeworld, he was being trained as part of his regiment's heavy assault company.

Their first action  would take place upon Mariam. Rebel forces had seized much of the planet but had been driven back by elements of the Imperial Guard. However the war had ground down to a halt, with Imperial forces besieging rebels inside massive fortress. The Rhandain regiments were deployed against Burrhold, a fortress controlling a major seaport. Local PDF forces had been able to breach the walls, every assault they had made against the rebels had been repulsed. With a fresh, day long, bombardment of Burrhold, the Rhandains attack, with their grenadiers leading the way. Dieter and his company smashed into the rebel defenders and broke those standing before them, opening the way for the lesser companies and the PDF to storm into the fortress.

However, rather then chasing after routing rebels, the grenadiers punched deep into the fortress, right to it's heart. Dieter was among the squad the smashed into the command hub and killed the rebel commander. No one was able to tell just who blew the man's head off but all of them looted the body, taking heavily decorated weapons or one of the many decorations on the corpse's breast, as souvenirs.

The years would see the Rhandains transported from warzone to warzone, used as heavy, frontal assault troops. Slowly the regiments were whittled away, until only their grenadier companies and a handful of line companies were lift, which were collapsed into the Rhandain Grenadier Regiment. A few years ago, while being transported across the warp, the ship they were aboard came across A Idolator Raider. When it was crippled, Naval Armsmen and other Guard units attempted a boarding, hoping to seize from of the Raider's advanced targeting systems. The Rhandain Grenadiers however, were held in reserve, as their grenade launchers and hellguns were too destructive to use in such an operation. However, the Raider was packed with traitor guardsmen, who counter attacked Imperial forces and managed to push them back.

Thrown in to hopefully defeat the traitor scum, Sergeant Dieter and his squad stumbled across a pocket of Imperial resistance. A band of Armsmen, under the command of a Naval officer, a one Matthias Kohler. They had been holding their own against the rogue guardsmen but were running low on ammunition. A fusillade of las fire later, left only the Imperials standing, with dead traitors covering the deck and smoldering holes in the bulkhead, which luckily weren't near the hull. Combining into a rough platoon, Naval and Guard were able to punch through to the Raider's bridge, as other units scoured the ship of traitors. Regimental Lore states that Sergeant Dieter gave everyman of the combined platoon, including the Naval officer, one of his stash of Lho-sticks, to smoke in victory, lighting them on the smoldering coat of the Raider's Captain.

When news of Alexander Kohler's disappearance came through, the Rhandain Grenadiers happened to be in transit again, on a ship with Matthias Kohler aboard.
Arms and Equipment:
-Ceramite carapace armor, painted a light blue, with bright red trimming.
-Cadian-pattern Hellgun, with either a 10kg or 15kg depending on the mission.
-Kantrael MG 'Defender' pattern Laspistol.
-Frag grenades.
-Krak grenades.
-Stub revolver, a gaudy thing of dark blue steel inlaid with gold, with an ivory grip. He wouldn't use it in battle but carries it at as talisman of victory.
-Combat knife, simple cold steel
-Lho-sticks, while not wargear of any kind, its a rare moment when Dieter doesn't have a pack of lho-stricks or matches to light them.
Ons: Women, both submissive and those willing to challenge him. Rough, public or group sex
Offs: Chaos, scat, golden showers, traitor guardsmen, uppity Xenos and rebels

Offline Baalborn87

Sorry I missed the recruitment for this. Looks like you guys will have fun.

IrishWolf, looks good to me! One thing to note, I don't think the ship will have a whole Regiment aboard yet. It's a fairly small ship, and the crew (and Trader) are new, so they probably don't have access to those kinds of resources yet. I'd say that Dieter proved himself in combat and was selected to come aboard. We can certainly bring in the rest of the Regiment later, though.

Baalborn, we may open things up again later, depending on how it goes, so, I'll let you know as soon as a spot opens up. :)

Offline IrishWolf

heh, I never considered bring the whole regiment and my thought was Dieter getting picked out. Although, if one man with a hellgun is good, several hundred is better.