Like the other two, this is a character I had before. I hesitated to bring him out because he might be a little too close to Caden's new guy but let me know. I don't mind tweaking him... or even if Caden is up to it... possibly linking him to the other guy somehow. Dark Illusionist: HexxReal Name:
Damian Fuentes Group Affiliation:
D, Nightmare Man, FreakPowers:
- Dark Illusions: Hexx has the ability to tap into a persons subconscious and extract their fears, even those locked deep in their subconscious, making the victim face those fears in the form of illusions strong enough to fool all the senses.
- Nightmares: Through the touch of his hands(unconscious) or prolonged eye contact(conscious), Hexx can create a psychic link between himself and another that causes the victim to experience feverish nightmares and allows him to steal their energy. Prolonged connection may cause mental instability in victims, and it is theoretically possibly for him to draw enough energy from the victim to kill them. The energy he draws can be used to enhance his physical form in a number of ways: making him stronger, faster, eliminating the need for sleep, allowing him to heal/regenerate.
- Astral Projection: can move through the astral plane and even project himself directly near the physical form of those he has a connection with.
- Mental Shields
- Peak physical condition: Has the physical attributes of Olympic level athletes. Energy stolen through his nightmares can boost him into superhuman range.
- Psychic links: his psychic links are not a one way connection and leave him open to attack as they give a direct path past his mental shields (though only someone trained or with psychic abilities of their own would know this and how to use/exploit it)
- Nightmares: Until Hexx gains better control, he shares the nightmares of his victims and though they don't affect him the same way, they make him hate his power and resist using it.
- For connections to last they must be purposefully maintained otherwise they can and do fade (or can even be outright broken with proper knowledge or raw mental strength)
- Telepathy: Hexx doesn't have full control over his abilities and during any sort of mental connection with someone without the proper shields (younger/weaker telepaths and the like) his nightmares could leak. If someone is affected in this manner they are not subjected to energy drain, they just experience nightmares the next time they sleep.
- Risk of fracture: Because his ability effectively implants a small part of himself within his victim, Hexx does have a finite number of connections he can maintain at one time before he risks fracturing or loses pieces of himself.
- Playing Guitar
- Mixed Martial Arts
- Speaks fluent Spanish
- Theft - pickpocketing, shoplifting, boosting cars, general breaking & entering
Hexx often seems darker and meaner than he really is. He believes himself beyond redemption and undeserving of anything good so he will try to resist when presented with anything that he feels unworthy of, including love/friendship, but he will also go out of his way to protect those very things for others. He has a bit of a temper but unless someone pushes one of his buttons he's very low key and even easy to overlook. Bio:
Damian Fuentes was born 18 years ago in Madrid as the only son to wealthy couple. He spent the first 9 years of his life believing that nothing could touch his family with his father around, and indeed as a mutant with the abilities to charm and influence his father had made himself an important and powerful figure. However, what he and his mother did not know was that Damian's father was on the wrong side of the law. When he was finally caught and all his assets seized, Damian and his mother moved to California to live near his grandparents while his father went into hiding.
Having lost the only man she'd ever loved, having to find work when she'd been taken care of for so many years, and having to hear her parent's constant nagging 'I told you so', Damian's mother withdrew, becoming quiet and subdued. Except for where Damian was concerned. She was determined that he would have all his father's best traits and none of the bad and she did everything in her power to make sure that he would be a good man. Damian did his best for her, not wanting to upset her if he could help it, but trouble seemed to dog his every step. He was constantly getting into fights and getting suspended or even kicked out of school over stupid things.
He hadn't realize it at the time but deep down Damian had been furious at his father for getting caught and putting his mother through all the stress and embarrassment. Unfortunately, one night when he was eleven his anger came to a head and when his mother yelled at him about the last fight he'd been in, he snapped. It hadn't been directed at her, he could never be angry at her or do anything against her, but unfortunately she had been tugging on his hand at the time and when all the anger just released he felt something give and the next thing he knew his mother was on the floor screaming and crying and praying in Spanish.
He hadn't known what to do. He'd been able to glimpse what she saw and it had made him sick, but he hadn't known how to turn it off. He'd tried to go to her but as he'd moved closer her screams had grown more frantic. Crying he'd closed his eyes tight and willed it away with everything in him. He'd stood like that for what seemed like hours but was really no more than a few minutes and suddenly the screaming stopped. He'd opened his eyes and saw that his mother had finally passed out and he knew then that he'd messed up big time. He wanted to go to her, to move her off the floor when she was half huddled but he was afraid to touch her. His anger at his father grew.
Knowing there was no other choice he'd called his grandparents and told them to come quickly. Afterward he'd packed a duffel bag and went outside. He'd watched from the shadows as his grandparents had arrived and soon after that police and an ambulance, and then he had run. The cops had looked for him but he hadn't stayed around. He'd gathered up the little bit of money he'd saved from doing odd jobs for the neighbors so he could eat for a few nights, as well as a change of clothes and his sketch pad, and he'd set out on his own.
It had taken him 6 months of being on the street to go back and see about his mother. Then he'd found out that after that night she'd not woken up but instead was in a coma, growing steadily weaker. After that he ran as far as he could and wouldn't allow himself to go back. He knew somehow he was responsible for it. He prayed that with him so far away, she would recover, that she would be alright, but he would never know.
Damian would eventually find his way New York by the time he was thirteen and make his way on the streets, getting in with various groups and learning an assortment of skills that would help keep him alive, such as pickpocketing, shoplifting, how to defend himself, and even how to play the guitar—which had earned him a roof over his head on more than one occasion.
When he was nearly fifteen, Damian attempted to rob an older man he wrongly assumed would be an easy target only to find himself beaten and pinned before the man realized he was just a kid. Figuring Damian was a runaway or an orphan the man, he would come to call him Coach like everyone else, offered him a roof over his head and a couple bucks pay if he wanted to take a job maintaining his kickboxing gym and running errands. Damian accepted, hoping he would get the chance to learn to fight the way the man had. Plus it had been made pretty clear that he'd accept or be hauled in to the police so he hadn't had much of a choice really.
Things had gone smoothly for the next year, with him pretty much doing all the manual labor around the gym while Coach trained his fighters. And Damian trained as well, learning everything Coach and the fighters would teach him. He was focused and showed a lot of potential so many of the fighters that trained at the gym looked out for him and helped him out where they could. Unfortunately, though he mostly kept his nose clean it seemed trouble had followed him there as well. When a young fighter had cornered him outside to pick a fight, Damian had tried his best to do as he'd been taught and not turn to violence right away but the kid wouldn't take a hint. Anger mounting, he had turned his gaze on the other kid and without conscious thought plucked his fears from his mind and begun to craft an illusion. The kid had started to freak out which drew Coach's attention, and distracted, he had let the illusion shatter. Angry and disgusted with himself he'd stormed off while the kid began babbling about what he'd seen.
The next day Damian would over hear Coach making a call that concerned him and rather than stay to find out what that would mean, he gathered up his few belongings and bolted. The next year would be much the same as before, with him doing whatever he could to survive, even going so far as to join up with a group known as the Morlocks. While with them he would make use of the skills he picked up on the streets to make himself useful enough to them to be allowed to stay and even learn a few more skills. He would also learn more about his abilities and how to tap into them deliberately though each use would make him sick to his stomach. AttributesIntelligence:
3 (4)Energy Projection: