You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 02:14:24 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)  (Read 11745 times)

Offline kckolbe

Re: The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)
« Reply #250 on: July 12, 2013, 02:47:17 PM »
I only had her in her later twenties, well under Banshee's age. 

Batman, minor telepathy gives him the ability to "see what others see" and with some training he could just develop the special awareness to put the pieces together.  I worry that he would be a bit boring to narrate in combat situations.  Also, at 6'0" and only 152 pounds, he is going to be lacking a lot of muscle.

I do have a fondness for telepaths, though, and his level of mastery is a nice combination of underpowered and useful.

Offline AribethAmkiir

« Reply #251 on: July 12, 2013, 02:49:25 PM »
I actually liked that it wasn't traditional telepathy.

Offline Imogen

« Reply #252 on: July 12, 2013, 02:56:41 PM »
Consider that a +1. I'm loving the skill set. It doesn't need to be powerful to be incredibly useful. I foresee team leaders fighting over who gets him in their group ;-)

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2013, 03:26:29 PM »
Hey Ember, how old is Leola?  I haven't truly added the years, but my guesstimation puts her around Banshee's age?
She's between 27 and 28. Got her doctorate at 26, worked in Texas for a year, then however long she's been here. Not too long. I see her as one of the newer staff members.

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »
Consider that a +1. I'm loving the skill set. It doesn't need to be powerful to be incredibly useful. I foresee team leaders fighting over who gets him in their group ;-)
I actually liked that it wasn't traditional telepathy.

As did I, just wanted to make sure he would have fun playing it.

Offline PhantomPistoleerTopic starter

« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2013, 07:38:10 PM »

The field avisor:  War-Room
Group Affiliation: X-men (student)
Height: 6'
Weight:152 lbs
Arch-Enemies: Magneto, Inner Circle
Nickname: Ray

Powers: psychic mapping By locking onto brainwaves of others in an effective area (2 miles max) Ray can probe their brain and see what they see to better direct and coordinate other members of the X-men during missions. His power can also bring up a map of the area he is linking to and monitor friendly and hostile targets as well as civilians.

Skills: - Master strategist, adviser, capable had to hand combatant, trained in stealth and disguise.

Bio:The New York native, Raymond never fit in at home or school, and always felt like he didn't belong. The constant bullying at school and an abusive father quickly taught Ray to learn to hide from any problems in his life. After years of being bullied Raymond stood by while his father struck his mother to the ground and then started to choke her. Raymond picked up a hammer and smashed the back of his fathers knee in causing him to fall. The ten year old fled with his mother and hid in a dark alley.

While hiding Ray began to wonder about how long he could stay hidden from his father and at that moment Ray could see what his father was seeing and knew how close he really was. Luckily for Ray, two X-men, Jean and the first Kurt Wagner were in the area when his powers manifested themselves and his psychic powers alerted Jean to his location. The two X-men moved in and saved Ray and his mother before his father could cause them any more harm. After realizing her Son was a mutant she allowed Jean to take him to the X-mansion to learn to hone is powers. Now at 17 years of age and ready to graduate high school Ray is serving as a sort of mission control and field commander for smaller teams of X-men.

Personality: Shy, Soft spoken, Willing to help someone in need, fast to act in a dangerous situation.

What do you guys think?

This looks fun!  But Wolverine will have to stop saying "Let's go in the War Room."  :<

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:04 PM »
This looks fun!  But Wolverine will have to stop saying "Let's go in the War Room."  :<

He doesn't have to stop saying it.  He just needs to start meaning it.

Offline Batman4560

• Elliquiy's Dark Knight. Always willing to write with someone and welcoming new writers to come to him with ideas.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • I have one power, I never give up.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2013, 08:21:47 PM »
As did I, just wanted to make sure he would have fun playing it.

Oh Ill have fun with him, I view him as a way to metagame and rationalize it.

Offline Lady Lunarius

• Howling's Panda, ~Nich's Wifey#6, ~Hekate's Lesbian Lover ~~ Liza's Bestie~Geeklets #1~~Blitzy's secret lover~~Flour Fairy~~Sephy's Luna-Bird~
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Lifes a bitch. So tie her up & fuck her senseless!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »
If possible I'd like to play Havok. >.>

Offline TamaRose

« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2013, 10:49:48 PM »
Is this game still open to new characters?

Offline Batman4560

• Elliquiy's Dark Knight. Always willing to write with someone and welcoming new writers to come to him with ideas.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • I have one power, I never give up.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #260 on: July 12, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »
I believe so.

Offline TamaRose

« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2013, 10:51:51 PM »
Cool! I will make up my OC tomorrow.

« Reply #262 on: July 13, 2013, 12:45:57 AM »
Cool! I will make up my OC tomorrow.

Hello, Tama Rose!

I am the GM of the game, and I also play Wolverine.  I am very happy that you found this game, and am very excited to see you will be making a character for it.  I admit, the game has gotten a little complicated -- but feel free to PM me if you have any questions! :)

Offline TamaRose

« Reply #263 on: July 13, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
Thank you...and I can't wait to run into Professor Logan! lol

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2013, 09:39:04 AM »
You may not recognize him wearing a suit and setting out scones.  ~grins~  By the way, feel free to toss out char ideas here.

Offline Kimera

« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2013, 09:53:09 AM »
Looks interesting. If there is still room, I'd love to join.

Can't deside though if I want to make a canon or homebrew character.

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2013, 10:12:41 AM »
Looking forward to seeing what ya decide on.  Here's a thread with (pretty much) all of our character sheets (only missing Monet and Watcher, I think).

http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179277.0

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #267 on: July 13, 2013, 10:44:44 AM »
Looking forward to seeing what ya decide on.  Here's a thread with (pretty much) all of our character sheets (only missing Monet and Watcher, I think).

http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179277.0
I'm waiting on Phantom to give me the okay before posting.

« Reply #268 on: July 13, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
Ember, I could have sworn that I sent you a PM looking for stats for you character.  I may not have.

« Reply #269 on: July 13, 2013, 12:46:12 PM »
Err, I see them.  Good.  To.  Go.  :)

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #270 on: July 13, 2013, 12:46:42 PM »
Ember, I could have sworn that I sent you a PM looking for stats for you character.  I may not have.
You did and I sent you stats back an you said they looked okay and I asked "anything else" and you never replied or said "go put her up" LOL

« Reply #271 on: July 13, 2013, 12:56:34 PM »
Sorry.  I can state categorically that I have never been deluged by so many PMs.  I am really dropping the ball with communicating with my players because of it.  I am really sorry.  :(

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #272 on: July 13, 2013, 12:58:53 PM »
Sorry.  I can state categorically that I have never been deluged by so many PMs.  I am really dropping the ball with communicating with my players because of it.  I am really sorry.  :(
Tis fine. I understand prefectly. Sometimes I have a flood of PMs and other PM's get lost in the fray, too. :)

Offline Cascalence

« Reply #273 on: July 13, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »
PP, don't worry.  We all understand.  This has got to be a massive undertaking for you.  I mean, just looking at all you're doing, even I feel overwhelmed.  But you're doing good!  You're organizing as best as you can, and we all appreciate that.  Take your time, don't hurry.  We're all here and waiting.  Yes, we're eager, but that's why you gave us the IC Commons, isn't it?  So we can socialize our characters if we so choose?  I admit, I haven't posted Karen there yet, but that's because not only am I busy with my O/O's, but also because I can't seem to find the stinkin' header everyone else is using ><.
Speaking of...where is it, you gais?

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #274 on: July 13, 2013, 01:27:06 PM »
Everyone seems to just be using their own character sheets, stopping before the powers section.  That's what I am doing, at least.