Forced Arrangements ((CLOSED))

Started by Obsidian Isolabella, July 09, 2013, 07:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obsidian Isolabella

This is a discussion thread that is private to four people that are as followed:

Mister Grimm
Raven's Seduction
ChaoticEnvy
Lord Rupert Everton

The purpose of this thread will be for story discussions for a small group thread between the four of us and only the players mentioned above.

Thank you!

And off we go! :D

Mister Grimm

Disclaimer: The thread title is tentative since we couldn't really think of anything better. Alternate suggestions are welcome.  ;D

Anyways, how should we go about discussing this? Raven told me that you two have also been talking, but mentioned an alternative plot idea of your's Chaotic. So maybe we can start with that? Or we can start with ours, unless she already told you it. xD
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

ChaoticEnvy

We didnt really talk plots me and Raven... me and Rupert have not gotten around to full on plots yet just that we were going to be friends who casually fall in love and our characters were going to be a bit older. So I suppose we should start with what you two had discussed?

I have sent a message to Rupert to assure this is something he wants to do, will be tomorrow before he replies though
UPDATE FOR POSTING: 1/16/2015

~*~The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss.~*~ Author Unknown
~~Never fear the troubles of tomorrow, you never know if you will miss out on a pleasure of today~~ VE

Obsidian Isolabella

Alternate suggestions are not just welcomed, but encouraged! XD

Well, the plot me and Grimm were discussing was going to be that Issie and Jake have been friends, but he'd be a bit older than her. By a few years or so. And that she would be harboring secret feelings for him, since she already is, and that their parents would be good friends that had sent the two of them off to a boarding school possibly in England or Ireland. And that either both of their parents companies might be going under or just one which would cause for an arranged marriage between the two of them to merge the companies.

We were still in the discussing and throwing out ideas mode when I put this up, so really I think it is still fairly open. What about you, Grimm?

Mister Grimm

Ahhh, oops. I knew I missed a part of my post. By "you two" I had meant you and Rupert, not you and Raven. xD
Sorry for not being more clear about that.

Aaaand Raven has a habit of ninja'ing me today, but what she said. I'd be up for tweaking things, though the whole arranged marriage thing was still something I've been itching for. But I'm easy and can flow either way.  ;D
Do you know who I am?

ChaoticEnvy

Perhaps we can stick to something like that... The girl characters could be good friends, and the guys good friends as well and our two characters just end up kind of falling for each other after you two fall into the arranged marriage thing...

Or we can do what ever. I am pretty open to most things... well most times at least :P

~*~The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss.~*~ Author Unknown
~~Never fear the troubles of tomorrow, you never know if you will miss out on a pleasure of today~~ VE

Obsidian Isolabella

I did have one thought... What if the girl characters were half-sisters or something? I'm just throwing that out there by the way.. XD

ChaoticEnvy

I would be alright with that :)... Perhaps while you two are being arranged to be married my character at first has trouble with guys always picking the 'wrong ones' so Grimm's character tells Raven's that he has a 'friend'

Obsidian Isolabella

That could be good. Depends on what the boys think, though. But I definitely do see our characters able to be close, so I think sisters and best friends fit. ^_^

Mister Grimm

I don't really have anything useful to add on at the moment, since its been a long day and my mind is starting to give up on me. But I'll try to have some more input tomorrow after we hear if this is what Rupert wants to do. xD
Do you know who I am?

Obsidian Isolabella

*Sighs in playful exasperation* What are we to do with you, Grimm? :P XD

I do agree though, we should probably see what Rupert thinks on the topic before discussing anything else further. He's just too full of good ideas. Maybe. XD

ChaoticEnvy

Alright we will start again tomorrow then!!

Obsidian Isolabella

Lord Rupert Everton

Hey all! Sorry for my delayed reply. I have been pretty darn busy. First, I think the name "Forced Arrangements" sounds pretty cool. Second, I was only able to skim the other posts before writing so if I touch on something that has already been covered, I apologize. I think the characters we all have are good (honestly, I preferred your 3 over pretty much all the others). I'd like to see this be something fun, but I think there needs to be some sort of tension-churning underlying dynamic or issue, perhaps something that either creates conflict between the characters at first or throughout. I think tension always pays off.

Second, how open are you 3 to mixing up the couples either at first or in the middle? That could be a tension-churning device, or something happens between two characters that, if exposed, would threaten the whole dynamic. I am just spit-balling here. I think it might be fun to do something a little dark or kinked. Not sure what though.

Finally, where are we on the age thing and how connected is this story to the other one? Could it be that Raven and Grimm's characters got married and stayed together and perhaps mine and Chaotic's did not (either get married or stay together)? These are all just thoughts. Love to see what you all think.

P.s. I am excited this little foursome is coming together, I was kind of digging the characters.

ChaoticEnvy

I like the tension churning part, I agree. That is something I have thought about. One wouldn't think our characters would mesh so well together that was the reasoning partly for us wanting them to be together before. So we can bring that here, it could be a blind date set up thing with us, I of course would think Grimms guy is crazy for even thinking it would be ok for him to set us up (or however it goes)

Idk just throwing stuff out there again. I'm good with whatever you all want! I am open to mixing couples at the beginning if was needed or wanted also.

Obsidian Isolabella

No worries about delayed responses Rupert! Real life always comes before this! :)

I agree that there needs to be tension churning events or plots to it, but.... I hate to be the one who disagree's... However, I don't like the idea of mixing up the couples. Though I was personally between choosing Dre or Jake when I read the profiles, I think that Issie as a character meshes the best with Jake. But, there is a way I could be persuaded into that direction I think. The idea that Grimm and I had for our story as a one-on-one was that Jake is like a big brother-best friend figure to Issie. At least in their parents minds, and possibly in his, but for Issie she's been secretly caring about romantically for years. So, if we want to mix them up, I guess I could agree with perhaps the two being switched. Like Dre and Issie being together as a couple, but having a great deal of issues because Issie is romantically feeling for someone else; her older sister's boyfriend who is also her own best guy friend?

Just a thought, though.

ChaoticEnvy

Oh yes I agree if we did the switch thing it would start towards the end of the switched relationships the main focus should be on the couples we agreed upon I think. If you don't want to do that at all though we don't have to!

Obsidian Isolabella

I am alright with the idea for just the beginning of the story since it could create a bunch of tension churning possibilities that Rupert mentioned. Plus might end up being interesting to see how sisters who are best friends end up reacting when their parents decide that they should be other people. If we decide to still go that route too.

Lord Rupert Everton

I agree that if we did a switch (to our intended partners) it would come towards the beginning. Maybe one or both of the relationships (Issie and Jake, Dre and Alee) begin as an affair? Or this could be a few years after the "arrangements" and the marriages fall apart and the couples re-form into what we intended. That way there is layers of tension (residual feelings, new love, disobeying parents, sibling jealousies, etc.) all while the four characters are trying to get along and get their shit together. Might even be fun to start (or at some point include) a flashback to when things were better between each of the doomed couples. Again, this is all if we go down this path. Also, what are we going to do about other characters? Like the parents, if we include them, or any collateral characters that we may want to throw in?

Mister Grimm

I read these posts earlier, but I was on my phone and couldn't properly reply till now. Like Raven, I'm also on the fence about mixing couples. I feel that it would indeed cause tension which is something that we should have, but maybe it would cause a little too much tension?

Unless, of course (assuming we went with Raven's), we could figure out a good reason that we all like for why things got swapped around. Like why my character would break up with Chaotic's for Raven's and then how Rupert's would end up with Chaotic's after both starting couples had separated. Then you also would have to consider if they would all still like one another in the end or if things would just get nasty between them.

... Does that make any sense? xD;

The only thing I could really think of that covers most of the bases, if we don't go the arranged marriage route, is that something happens between Issie and Dre - be it them breaking up, getting into a fight or something else - and she ends up going to Jacob for comfort since he is one of her best friends. Maybe they get drunk while he consoles her, they have a little too much and end up sleeping together. Some time passes and Issie realizes she is pregnant and confronts Jacob about it. That leads to him breaking up with Alee or her breaking up with him or maybe they have already broken up by now since Jacob couldn't stay with her after knowing he slept with Issie. But that only leaves 1.) how Dre and Alee end up together and 2.) how they all still continue liking one another.

Or alternatively, is that something happens between Dre and Alee that causes both couples to split, leaving Jake and Issie to get together. Maybe including bits of the above idea. But this one could cover the bases the first one is missing. *stokes chin*

Idk. That's all I have at the moment, haha. xD;
Do you know who I am?

Obsidian Isolabella

Here are some more of my thoughts on it.

I'm still a little uneasy about mixing the couples, but I think I've thought of a possible way to do without creating too much resentment between the four of them.

I think that combining Rupert and Grimm's ideas actually might be the key. If the two couples, Issie and Dre-Jake and Alee, are unhappy in their relationship causing them to start cheating then its possible that Issie could end up pregnant with Jake's baby which causes the split. But, if they are all guilty then they would really not have any good reasons to hate each other. Maybe some anger and hostility in the beginning once they all found out, but they really couldn't hate each other when they are all to blame.

However, in my head.. That just ends up with a short happy ending to me. So, we might have to somehow make it stretch out longer, but its a possible solution that combines both ideas.

ChaoticEnvy

OK so here is an idea I just had which is strictly away from the swap but would I think provide some moments for tension.

We could go back to the arranged marriage thing, Alee and Issie would still be sisters who both would have their marriages arranged. Why we can figure out later, and how Dre and Jake were chosen.

Anyways, Dre and Alee were always going to be a couple who didn't seem to 'fit well' together and they would have to work at their relationship to make it work.

The opposite could occur for Issie and Jake, meaning they are very compatible and get along easy. Seem like the 'perfect couple' so to speak.

We could start there and as the story goes on find moments of slight tension to throw in, like an altercation between Issie and Alee because she is jealous that she got the 'perfect man' or whatever we decide upon.

Anyways just throwing this out here I don't feel comfortable starting out with the swap thing being that the Raven and Grimm are not sure about it so if possible we can figure something else out.

Mister Grimm

@Raven:
I know I said this in PM already, but I'm just saying it here for the others haha. The pregnancy was just an idea for a possible catalyst, so if we ended up going with the idea the both couples were already cheating then it doesn't necessarily need to happen. But I agree with the fact that it would create a wedge, which is why I wasn't sure how they would all end up liking one another after that. xD

@Chaotic:
I like that idea actually. Issie and Alee being sisters and being arranged to marry Jake and Dre respectfully. It would bring to question how well they know one another though. Do they know one another before hand like the other ideas? Or only in passing because of their parents and business/merger meetings?
Do you know who I am?

ChaoticEnvy

It could really go either way depending in what everyone wanted. It might be more entertaining though if  they don't know each other beforehand