You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:18:12 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: what MMOs is anyone playing?  (Read 9801 times)

Offline Shjade

Re: what MMOs is anyone playing?
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »
Your auto attack is like an absolute last resort in basically every MMO there is.

Yeah, warrior axe attacks are kinda odd that way: the auto-attack chain is one of the highest damage options available for sheer dps because of the way the damage is spread out across the chopping or something (I'm not the math person, I just absorb the information available). The other attacks are just to stack vulnerability (which increases % damage received by the target) before you use that auto-attack to do even more damage with it.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2013, 09:41:47 PM »
o3o Final Fantasy XIV.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2013, 02:25:51 AM »
Same as Wolfy.

Offline sleepingferret

• Knight
  • Seducer
  • Location: Someplace with warm weather and no silly politicians...oh wait, that'd be my dreams
  • Conflict is inevitable...How we solve it, matters.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »
I'm still a Star Wars junkie... mostly because I like the guild I play with.  We've had our share of ups and downs like every guild, but the guild leader and I have a good history and I still enjoy the social aspect of hanging out with the people who have stuck around.

And well, I always have LOTRO as a back up anytime I want... old lifetime subscriber.  So if I wasn't lazy I could keep the game up to date and have a horde of points stashed away and own every bit of new content they've done since I stopped playing a year or two ago.  Oh well, one of these days...I'll add it on my to do list and keep it there....one of these days.  ::)

Offline Atarn

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2013, 12:55:43 PM »
Guild Wars 2 here...Damn addictive game.

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2013, 06:49:46 AM »
What's addictive about Guild Wars 2? I'd really like to know, because I bought the game but I just can't get into it. It just plopped me into the game with very little direction, and then expected me to figure out the rest. Which, by MMO standards, was pretty .. standard.

I'd really like to know, by the way. I'd really like to know if I'm missing something that might hook me on it.

Offline Atarn

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2013, 07:14:24 AM »
The weakness of the player of course :P
And I am very weak...
Joking aside; after WoW and Rift I found GW2 nice once i got into it, I like the races, the classes, the combat/weapon system. The area-based tasks are decent fun, their second latest event (Crown Pavilion) was fun. The rp seems to be actually quite good too.

However, the voice acting can be a bit awful. (Claudia Christian and Ron Yuan especially)
And the introduction of Captain NPC Trahearne has sort of made me skip a lot of storyline quests. Overall though I've not had this much fun while playing an MMO in years.

Offline ShadowFox89

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2013, 07:53:36 AM »
 I heard it around the watercooler that the guy responsible for writing Traeherne got fired....

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2013, 08:22:45 AM »
I was hoping I was missing something.  ;D

Unfortunately, I'm having way more fun with Neverwinter, so I'm sad I probably wasted my money on GW2 ... money I really shouldn't have wasted!

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »
You're sad?  I spent 150USD on it, and I too am not enjoying it as much as I had hoped.

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2013, 07:33:48 PM »
It was the last bit of cash I had. I shouldn't have spent it on anything for myself at all, but I did and I wasted it! It was totally irresponsible! Argh. Payday can't come soon enough...

Offline ShadowFox89

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2013, 07:46:24 PM »
 I haven't spent a dime on it past the $60 for the initial game... And I'm enjoying it. But I've played the game since GW1 and have loved some of the little bits of lore that you usually miss.

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2013, 07:58:47 PM »
I remember GW1 as much more fun. It was ... easier to get into.

My situation in GW2 right now is that I've basically cleared the starter area, and I'm underleveled. Leveling in the game is so slow! And it has 80 levels! WHAT!?

Offline Rayne

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2013, 08:48:32 PM »
I've started to play Guild Wars 2. Almost quit after a week but played some last night and finally really got into it.  I think like with a lot of MMOs it's about the social aspect.

Offline ShadowFox89

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2013, 09:01:13 PM »
I remember GW1 as much more fun. It was ... easier to get into.

My situation in GW2 right now is that I've basically cleared the starter area, and I'm underleveled. Leveling in the game is so slow! And it has 80 levels! WHAT!?

Just go through at your own pace. You are never 'underleveled'. Take your time and enjoy the lore! Enjoy the scenery! Join a guild and do map explores with them! The problem comes when you try to approach the game like any other MMO. It isn't.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2013, 09:28:24 PM »
Just go through at your own pace. You are never 'underleveled'. Take your time and enjoy the lore! Enjoy the scenery! Join a guild and do map explores with them! The problem comes when you try to approach the game like any other MMO. It isn't.
Not in my experience.  I've managed to be unable to do my 'story' mission, and every single quest that are my level or lower are done.  And I don't feel like constantly grinding the repetitive 'events'.

Not to mention that at the time, the dungeons were so broken hard, or easy.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2013, 01:44:06 AM »
There's more than one starting area. If you ran out of content you can accomplish where you are, go to Lion's Arch through the gate/portal in your main city (Divinity's Reach for humans, Black Citadel for Charr, etc.), then take a portal from Lion's Arch to one of the other race's main cities and start doing the quests in their starting area.

Voila.

Offline Sel Nar

« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2013, 12:26:56 PM »
Oh, as of the 17th, Everyone's favourite Undead Flying Lizard that's not an 'End-of-story' encounter is getting a major upgrade. Tequatl the Sunless will very quickly wreck everyone's shit now, and if you take too long to kill him, he summons a tidal wave to wipe the battlefield clear.

A-net's planning on updating all the world bosses to make them far more threatening, like they were in the early game before we figured out all their tricks. Only now, they have new tricks. :P

Offline ShadowFox89

« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2013, 12:37:16 PM »
 I want the 'corrupt you and turn you into a monster' thing back from the Shatterer....

Offline Sel Nar

« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2013, 12:54:37 PM »
I'd like to point out that when the GW1 Beta ended, Gwen lit the world on fire.

Offline ShadowFox89

« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2013, 01:08:03 PM »
 We need Gwen rising from the grave and kicking her great-great-great grandson in the ass >.>

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2013, 01:33:13 PM »

The only way that'd be true, was if your level made no difference in anything.

Offline Atarn

« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2013, 01:46:53 PM »
I heard it around the watercooler that the guy responsible for writing Traeherne got fired....
If true, I am a happy Rper.

So very, very happy.

Online Doomsday

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2013, 06:01:07 AM »
Final fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn! Just got Dragoon, unf, unf, unf

Offline Adelrune

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2013, 02:11:17 PM »
Final fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn! Just got Dragoon, unf, unf, unf

I'm on my last few levels of Conjurer before I can become a White Mage, so close.