You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:55:26 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: what MMOs is anyone playing?  (Read 9794 times)

Offline Dallas

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: what MMOs is anyone playing?
« Reply #275 on: August 22, 2014, 08:52:12 PM »
I never tried DCUO, but then again I'm not very big on DC myself. Well, besides Batman and Wonder Woman.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #276 on: August 22, 2014, 09:34:02 PM »
DCUO has an amazing combat system.  It's problem is that it doesn't have much else.

Offline Kazyth

• Someone's Dark Prince Charming, Taco King
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #277 on: August 24, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
I keep thinking about going back to Champions Online.  Unfortunately though, ever Superhero MMO is going to find itself measured against City of Heroes/City of Villains for me, and thus far they all rather fall short.  Might not be fair of me, but it's hard not to bring many years of enjoyment and a vibrant RP Server community to bear on whatever I try.

Keep meaning to look into Secret World as well.  I was really excited about it when it first came out, but the reviews of it tended to be rather bland, so I never really dipped my toes in.

And Tsenta, thanks for the feedback!  I have no idea how or where favor is generated, but I'll look into saving it up for the Artificer while I tool around with my Warforged Rogue/Wizard.  And my Human Monk.  And my Human Rogue/Pally/Fighter.  And... well, you get the picture.  I am an altoholic.

Offline Tsenta

« Reply #278 on: August 24, 2014, 09:02:14 PM »
I keep thinking about going back to Champions Online.  Unfortunately though, ever Superhero MMO is going to find itself measured against City of Heroes/City of Villains for me, and thus far they all rather fall short.  Might not be fair of me, but it's hard not to bring many years of enjoyment and a vibrant RP Server community to bear on whatever I try.

Keep meaning to look into Secret World as well.  I was really excited about it when it first came out, but the reviews of it tended to be rather bland, so I never really dipped my toes in.

And Tsenta, thanks for the feedback!  I have no idea how or where favor is generated, but I'll look into saving it up for the Artificer while I tool around with my Warforged Rogue/Wizard.  And my Human Monk.  And my Human Rogue/Pally/Fighter.  And... well, you get the picture.  I am an altoholic.

Favbor is generated by doing quests. I think once you get like 150 Cannith favor, you unlock artificer. Harder difficulty set, the more favor.  Sadly Cannith quests range up to lvl 15+ so...you may not be unlocking arty for quite a while.     Here, hopefully this helps: http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor#House_Cannith
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:03:29 PM by Tsenta »

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #279 on: August 24, 2014, 09:03:39 PM »

There's a chance we might see CoX rise from the ashes. Apparently there are some kind of discussions going on about the IP being bought out and the game restarted.

Offline Kazyth

• Someone's Dark Prince Charming, Taco King
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #280 on: August 24, 2014, 10:10:44 PM »
Favbor is generated by doing quests. I think once you get like 150 Cannith favor, you unlock artificer. Harder difficulty set, the more favor.  Sadly Cannith quests range up to lvl 15+ so...you may not be unlocking arty for quite a while.     Here, hopefully this helps: http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor#House_Cannith

Thanks again Tsenta!  Not sure if I want to wait that long to get my hands on the Artificer, but I will try to hold out.

There's a chance we might see CoX rise from the ashes. Apparently there are some kind of discussions going on about the IP being bought out and the game restarted.

That would be amazing.  I would love to see that happen.  I know there were talks before it officially shut down from various interested parties about buying the IP, but that it was turned down repeatedly.  Of course, the Virtueverse wouldn't be what it was.  Might never get back to what it was, but I still would love to have the game available again.

Offline Nowherewoman

• Arbitrarily Arousable, Selectively Insatiable
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • These ears are made for nibbling.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2014, 11:01:13 PM »
Thanks again Tsenta!  Not sure if I want to wait that long to get my hands on the Artificer, but I will try to hold out.

That would be amazing.  I would love to see that happen.  I know there were talks before it officially shut down from various interested parties about buying the IP, but that it was turned down repeatedly.  Of course, the Virtueverse wouldn't be what it was.  Might never get back to what it was, but I still would love to have the game available again.

That would be very surprising if true.  A number of attempts were made at the time of the shutdown to keep the game going, including an offer by the Dev team to buy it. NC ultimately refused all offers.

City of Titans/the Phoenix Project, however, is well into development, and is staffed by former CoX devs and fans.  [size=78%]http://cityoftitans.com/[/size]  They blew through their Kickstarter goals in about a month, the game is being done in the Unreal 4 engine.