You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 09:35:36 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: what MMOs is anyone playing?  (Read 9769 times)

Offline Kazyth

• Someone's Dark Prince Charming, Taco King
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: what MMOs is anyone playing?
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 02:28:15 AM »
May have to loon at Rift again then. When I left I was levelling a minstral/ranger hybrid I was enjoying. Most MMOs that I play though I enjoy for RP at least as much as gameplay. Which is why I still miss CoH. Virtue, RIP. Asheron's call never caught me, though I tried it. And EVE... I considered it, but it looked and sounded a lot like Quickbooks with graphics most of the time.  Sadly I find myself in Beta for a game I will not name, that is pretty as all hell... but also very boring and generic feeling, for all of that. Too bad, I was super happy to be in the Beta at first.

To be honest, I want another MMO to fall in love with, but nothing seems to have the magic anymore. Ah well.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:40:55 AM by Kazyth »

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 11:03:16 AM »
Eve online. :) Hey someone has to represent the dirty griefer group of MMO players out there :)

Lowsec pirate (Shadow Cartel) and proud of it.

Dropped out because of a griefer who thought it woudl be funny to arbitraily slap a 200 MILLION ISK bounty of someone in mid-sec trying to relearn the game.

Offline Kazyth

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 04:48:10 PM »
Dipping my toes back into Rift, and I have -no- idea what I am doing now.  Going to have to read up on things again.  >_<

Offline Raziel

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »
I'm currently playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and The Secret World.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 08:53:30 PM »
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn beta.

Offline Vampricprincessty

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 10:33:58 AM »
Hmm... I am playing WarFrame right now but I am looking for other games to play.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2013, 11:37:13 AM »
I don't count Warframe as an MMO, because I can solo it.  And until Update 9, I could.  Save a few mission types.  Like Defense and Mobile Defense, although some MDs I could do.  But not anymore.

And I don't run with people I don't know.  For two reasons, trust, and I'm REALLY slow.  I like to kill everything, and then move on.  Rushing is not my style.

Offline Adelrune

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 09:13:40 PM »
I've been playing WoW for about 7 years. Though with MoP I got my main to 90 and log in maybe once or twice a week. I do play the heck out of SWTOR. My main is full Conq PvP gear and I am looking to start gearing up my other max level healers (it's all I am good at.)

With that said though, I am looking forward to getting my hands on a beta of WildStar. That seems like it will be fun when released. Hello player housing!

Offline Frelance

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 02:16:22 AM »
I am playing World of Tanks and Path of Exile.

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »
On and off with the LOTRO (I'm at cap with my Guardian, and don't really care for my champion or captain and none of the other classes appeal).

Got into The Secret World since a friend recommended it and it went on sale on steam.

Offline Skyguy

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 02:52:13 PM »
Star Trek Online, rarely. Lately it's all been KSP and Civ V.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2013, 10:14:22 PM »
Waiting for FF XIV's phase four beta in august.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2013, 01:51:41 AM »
Soooorta getting back into GW2, but I doubt it'll last. The more I play the more I remember why I got bored with it the first time.

Offline Braioch

• Devil. Mad Scientist. King of Debauchery. Brat Prince. Duke of Snark. Warlock of Orgies.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Imfinewhydoyouask? Canyoutastetime?Ican
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2013, 06:23:49 AM »
Been trying my hand at Face of Mankind, which would be good if the player base wasn't so low. It's an interesting concept that honestly would be made better if there were more people around to actually give the feel that the game is intending to give.

But I'm looking to try other ones too, having been a WoW player (would still play it, but lack of job means lack of playing it) and SWTOR, but I found it rather lackluster and not that much fun.

Currently trying to find a new one to catch my interest, one that isn't graphic heavy (my computer, while good, isn't made for high end gaming, I can't even play Secret World, which sucks because I liked the bits I could get through) and one that isn't totally dependent on a perfect build in order to not get murdered trying to complete quests by other players.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn.  I'm really enjoying it and have made 3 characters already, not bored.  It is open beta till tomorrow, level cap is set for 20 as these characters carry over to release.

Offline Kazyth

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2013, 02:05:09 PM »
I'm on the flip side of FF XIV.  It's pretty, and I do love the worlds FF has been set in... but to me, really, other than the setting (and a lot of cutscenes), there really isn't anything to set it apart for me.  It's WoW/EQ2/DAoC with pretty graphics and the lure of being set in the FF world.  Tried every class for a while, different race combos, professions... and absolutely nothing about it caught me.

Offline Braioch

• Devil. Mad Scientist. King of Debauchery. Brat Prince. Duke of Snark. Warlock of Orgies.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2013, 02:27:42 PM »
Sure, but will my computer, that wouldn't even run Secret World, be able to run that?

I'm giving Rift a try, I was pleased to find that many of it's button keys were exactly like WoW, pleased because that meant I could hotkey around quickly and feel immediately comfortable playing the game. The class system is interesting to be sure, and it'll be fun to toy around with it for a bit when I get further into the game. Aww, who am I kidding, I'm already playing around with it, and having some fun making a build that entertains me. I'm thinkin' a Warlock Necromancer Archon, because being a Debuffing, Pet 'n DoT DPS'r sounds like too much fun and also because I was good with DoT DPS in WoW. (Lookin' at you Afflock)

Offline Kazyth

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »
Rift is a pretty solid FTP MMO, I'll agree.  I play.  Can't remember what shard for the life of me at the moment, due to lack of sleep.  It's the RP one.  Think it's listed as such.  It helps to put a bit of chloromancer into the mix if you're going with pets, as they have some great healing and support, but it's not a must.  Just generally useful, especially for closing down Rifts and such with other folks.  Lets you do a lot of ambient healing.  My current main is a rogue, going ranger/bard/marksman.  Bard gives me healing and buffing anthems, ranger gives me a taking warthog, and marksman gives me good single-target DPS.  Solid solo build so far.

Offline Braioch

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2013, 03:35:42 PM »
Well the pet is to offset my whole "I'm squishy, not the face please," as well as providing a distraction while I smack DoTs and Debuffs onto them, as well as healing myself. Because I'm a selfish bastard and I don't heal other people...because I'm also a terrible healer....well no, I just haven't had much practice. But I AM a terrible tank, no seriously, I SUCK at it. Though there was the time I accidentally tanked as an Afflock in Magister's Terrace....anywho, I'll probably fiddle with the one a bit, seeing as how I kinda like my debuff/selfheal soul and the DoT soul, so it's the Pet soul that I'll probably shuffle out and try with other ones.

Oh and you mean the realms? The one RP-PvE realm? I joined that one

Offline Kazyth

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2013, 06:26:41 PM »
Yep, that's the one!  And my suggestion for pet would be go with the Elementalist.  Not only does it have a solid tanking pet in the Earth Elemental, but it also has good damage and various AC/HP/Resist buffs for yourself, to help keep you alive.

Offline Braioch

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »
Which works towards my whole playing style. Which to be fair came from WoW...

>,>

That whole Afflock bit of 'the longer this battle goes on, the higher chance of winning I have bitch'

Unless you were a Protection Pally...or a Beast Hunter

Frost Mages get owned

Ack! Rambling!

But I'll have to look into the Elemen tree when I get back on next

Offline Kazyth

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2013, 06:33:06 PM »
I was a prot pally, actually.  So I loved fighting Rogues and Afflocks.  For a given value of love.  I was never huge into PVP, but when I did dabble in it, it was alright.

Offline Braioch

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2013, 12:41:35 AM »
I actually detested PvP beyond all reason, too many opportunities for people to be dicks.

That's why I did arena stuff, that way it was established what I was there for, it was small groups, and the last two standing were always an entertaining fight. Like the one between myself and Prot Pally, where I very narrowly lost, and the one between myself and a Frost Mage, which ended up me winning, after a lot of shit talking to the screen. Kiting and locking me up won't do you much good when I've stacked DoTs on you...that and I have options to break out of holds. ::)

Offline Kazyth

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2013, 12:48:55 AM »
I didn't have much time for PvP anyway.  Couldn't log on without someone trying to drag me into taking for a raid, or dungeon somewhere.  I did love tanking as a Prot Pally, even back before they made it pretty easy to do so.  And then, of course, the introduced the whole dual-spec thing and I kinda felt like things started to go downhill group and raidwise.

Offline Braioch

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2013, 01:31:34 AM »
I'm a terrible tank, so more power to you on that one.

I never dual specced anyways, I never got a hang of Demo or Destro, I couldn't kite or pet control worth a damn without forgetting something, nor could I nuke for the most part. Affliction worked out well for me, that and it was probably the worst spell collection when you thought about it. Worst in the diabolical and agonizing sense.