You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 08:06:47 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: what MMOs is anyone playing?  (Read 9802 times)

Offline Yugishogun

• Giver of amazing items to all those in need
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Elliquiy Arms! Maku Spark!!!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: what MMOs is anyone playing?
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2014, 08:46:19 PM »
That must be why I'm disliking most traditional MMOs. I don't want to do raids. I don't want to grind for the best gear. I want to play with people and have fun.

I share that emotion.

Ot: Does anyone have any suggestions for mmos that focus on parties? It'd be fun to gather some Elliquiy members on mumble and have a nice time playing one.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2014, 10:05:36 PM »
I share that emotion.

Ot: Does anyone have any suggestions for mmos that focus on parties? It'd be fun to gather some Elliquiy members on mumble and have a nice time playing one.

Most MMOs really don't focus on parties unless you're raiding or pvping together not to mention a lot of people will probably want to play something they don't have to fork out a sub for.

Offline Kurzyk

« Reply #227 on: March 11, 2014, 06:35:47 PM »
Sadly no.  And it's not likely to every happen again.

It's more of the nature of players.  Back in Ultima Online, most players were still getting used to the idea of an MMO.

Now, most of the 'Hardcore' (which aren't at all, they're just people who've either played long enough to understand the legal exploits, or copycats who've read it somewhere on the internet) have realized how to get the 'best stuff', and most of that's End Game level.  Which is almost always through grinding, via Raids.

And everyone just wants the 'best' stuff.  After all, if you can just craft it, then why bother playing the game after you have it?

Ah that's a bummer, that was one of my favorite things.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2014, 08:38:43 PM »
As someone who likes crafting, I feel your pain.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #229 on: March 12, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »
That is what I miss about the 'old' crafting in WoW. You had to quest for gear recipes, you had to get folks to help you go into a dungeon for the Master Enchanting Trainer. The specialization meant something back then. Dragonscale Laetherworkers were doing instance for their LAST set recipe! ect.

Now. It's so easy to make things.

Offline RazgrizAce

« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2014, 02:47:39 AM »
That is what I miss about the 'old' crafting in WoW. You had to quest for gear recipes, you had to get folks to help you go into a dungeon for the Master Enchanting Trainer. The specialization meant something back then. Dragonscale Laetherworkers were doing instance for their LAST set recipe! ect.

Now. It's so easy to make things.

I wish FFXIV: ARR crafting had special recipes that only dropped from certain places and would be worth something. Right now my server is starting to hit that stage where it is becoming hard to sell anything because everyone can make it.

Online Vekseid

« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2014, 04:03:41 AM »
I share that emotion.

Elliquiy has a decent presence on DDO's Thelanis server.

Offline Tsenta

« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2014, 05:04:09 AM »
DDO is pretty fun. The server the guild Veks is on has some pretty friendly people too. It's worth looking up at least.

Offline Yugishogun

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2014, 08:37:30 AM »
DDO is pretty fun. The server the guild Veks is on has some pretty friendly people too. It's worth looking up at least.

I'll try that today then.

Offline Hades

• Master of Explosions, Keeper of Useless Trivia, Hopeless Minecraft Addict
  • Knight
  • Seducer
  • Prepare for Doom and...oh, shiny object!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2014, 12:12:53 AM »
After I wake back up tomorrow (cause yay for the midnight shift) I plan to jump servers and starting from scratch as well.  Which works well since I've not played for awhile and would be rusty with the controls if I jumped into the characters on my current server.

Offline MabFaerie

• The Mafia Princess | The Mob Faerie | Persephone's sister, separated at birth. | MabFaerie & Persephone - Fatal Frame Experts
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Compulsive little Faerie Queen of editing.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2014, 07:36:30 PM »

I used to play DDO, but that was AGES ago. I'm pretty sure I have a level 17 Elven Cleric that's just been sitting in a tavern for 3 years. XD
Interestingly enough, it actually was on Thelanis server! I may have to pop back in sometime.

Online Vekseid

« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2014, 05:04:35 AM »
I'll try that today then.

I used to play DDO, but that was AGES ago. I'm pretty sure I have a level 17 Elven Cleric that's just been sitting in a tavern for 3 years. XD
Interestingly enough, it actually was on Thelanis server! I may have to pop back in sometime.

Let me know when you're on : )

Offline Florence

« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2014, 07:45:49 AM »
Oh? A friend recently dragged me to DDO xD Different server though.

Offline Yugishogun

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »
I finished downloading DDO about a half or so ago. Now I'm just waiting the annoyingly long installation to finish...

Offline Haven

« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2014, 07:24:58 AM »
Playing?  None, though I could jump onto DDO with you fine people.

Watching rabidly?  Star Citizen.

Offline Lien

• Occasional Chatterbox - Rambling Muse - Part-time Pet - Full-time Scribbler
  • Liege
  • Bacchae
  • ~ Thor is my spirit animal ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2014, 10:20:10 PM »
First off, sorry if none has touched this thread in a while. Saw the MMO question and had to answer.

The most recent one was the Elder Scrolls Online beta, but I doubt I'll be giving it a proper go. I enjoyed Skyrim and what of the beta I got to play seemed decent for beta (sadly, I kept having login issues. Last two beta plays I just didn't bother). Been watching a playthrough online and it looks beautiful. I just don't want to pay the subscription fees for it.

I've considered going back to Everquest, which one the first MMO I played and my favorite of all, but it's changed so much I don't even recognize it anymore. At least it's free.

There's others out there, but I doubt I'll find one that gives me the enjoyment or experience pre-Luclin EQ had. Still say that version of the game was the best MMO ever released.

Online Doomsday

« Reply #241 on: July 18, 2014, 02:06:32 PM »
If anyone needed any reasons to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, I present you this:

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #242 on: July 19, 2014, 06:24:51 PM »
If it weren't another subbed game, I'd get into it.  Although, truth be told, I'm waiting for what they do with the Dark Knight.  What the goal will be, what type of weapon the class will be (Cuz I'm hoping for Greatsword) stuff like that, and if it's enticing enough...  I might get into it.

Offline makizushi

« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2014, 02:29:25 PM »
I have recently returned to Pirates of the Burning Sea. It's free and surprisingly enough, there are still plenty of people playing. This shocked me really. I might get back into it. It's free after all, and who doesn't want to be the captain of their own gun-totting pirate ship?!

Online Doomsday

« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2014, 03:27:07 PM »
If it weren't another subbed game, I'd get into it.  Although, truth be told, I'm waiting for what they do with the Dark Knight.  What the goal will be, what type of weapon the class will be (Cuz I'm hoping for Greatsword) stuff like that, and if it's enticing enough...  I might get into it.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Dark Knight makes it in! I imagine it will, every base class will eventually split into two jobs. Since they use swords, it might make sense for them to branch off of Gladiator and use some sort of greatsword, though maybe they'll branch off of Lancer and use scythes of some sort. Also if you hadn't heard, Rogue and Ninja were confirmed for next patch!

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2014, 03:52:37 PM »
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Dark Knight makes it in! I imagine it will, every base class will eventually split into two jobs. Since they use swords, it might make sense for them to branch off of Gladiator and use some sort of greatsword, though maybe they'll branch off of Lancer and use scythes of some sort. Also if you hadn't heard, Rogue and Ninja were confirmed for next patch!

Each class/job share a weapon type.  So if Dark Knight comes out its base will have to use a greatsword.  That being said, Dark Knight and Gunner are two of the most wanted jobs and Ninja was as well.   

Online Doomsday

« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2014, 04:12:31 PM »
Each class/job share a weapon type.  So if Dark Knight comes out its base will have to use a greatsword.  That being said, Dark Knight and Gunner are two of the most wanted jobs and Ninja was as well.

Well, there's a bit of an exception to that, as WHM and BLM can use either a two-handed staff, or a wand and a shield. So it would make a lot of sense if they enabled Gladiators, Paladins and Dark Knights to do this as well.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I got the Wave Buckler, and my roommate beat me on the roll for the Wave Wand by like, 1 point, and he doesn't even have WHM leveled -_-

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2014, 07:04:19 PM »
Well, there's a bit of an exception to that, as WHM and BLM can use either a two-handed staff, or a wand and a shield. So it would make a lot of sense if they enabled Gladiators, Paladins and Dark Knights to do this as well.
Wouldn't it be more Marauder having the Greatsword, as opposed to the Gladiator?  I thought the Glads were one hand and shield (According to what we discussed about the game, Sin.  I could, of course, be misremembering it.)

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2014, 07:54:33 PM »
Yup, gladiators are pure mitigation tanks.  You would have to fully change their abilities around to give them greatswords.  As for for white and black mages they are essentially the same except for one does damage the other heals but they both are of the mage variety. 

Offline Shjade

« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2014, 09:24:23 PM »
If anyone needed any reasons to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, I present you this:

*scratches head* ...an uninspired cover of an old pop hit?

I honestly don't get it.