You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: what MMOs is anyone playing?  (Read 9787 times)

Offline Funguy81

Re: what MMOs is anyone playing?
« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2013, 02:31:59 AM »
I been playing Star wars the old republic  since launch, and I been enjoying the hell out of it. It just released a new expansion where there is starfighter PvP. Its a small sampling for the subs at the moment, but its to release for everyone by February. By that time the full release comes out for everyone there is to be more game types, a new class of starship, and maps.

Though i'm hoping down the line to try out the elder scrolls MMO when it comes out.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2013, 10:02:21 AM »
http://www.themarysue.com/jane-austen-mmo-ever-jane/

Put your RPing skills in action with this one. :P

Well, they're certainly succeeding in their aim to create something different than the market has right now. This is likely the same reason it will fail horribly, because there is a very good reason fantasy combat games dominate said market.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2013, 01:07:12 PM »
I been playing Star wars the old republic  since launch, and I been enjoying the hell out of it. It just released a new expansion where there is starfighter PvP. Its a small sampling for the subs at the moment, but its to release for everyone by February. By that time the full release comes out for everyone there is to be more game types, a new class of starship, and maps.

Though i'm hoping down the line to try out the elder scrolls MMO when it comes out.

I was in the beta a couple weekends ago, it was meh.  Can't say more than that.  Oh and if you get in for one weekend don't expect to get in another weekend, they change testers.

Offline Branwyne

« Reply #203 on: December 20, 2013, 07:23:27 AM »
FFXIV: ARR has taken over my life, I played the beta and than all my friends (including real life and online ones) got the game so we all play together. I am so in love with it and they just released new content! If anyone else plays let me know what server your on!

Online Jayna

« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2013, 01:53:00 AM »
I was in the beta a couple weekends ago, it was meh.  Can't say more than that.  Oh and if you get in for one weekend don't expect to get in another weekend, they change testers.

I have had the "joy" of participating in multiple weekends. It stands as a meh regardless the amount of times tried.

I have enjoyed SWTOR and LOTRO and am always looking for people to join me on either!

Offline Mossberg

« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2014, 07:28:36 PM »
I know this thread is a little old, but I did a search for FFXIV and found it. Does anyone happen to play on the Cactuar server?

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »
I stopped playing A Realm Reborn.  Most of my friends that play are different time zones or can't play all that often. 

I was in Wildstar Beta a couple weekends ago... Yeah that game will be free to play in no time.  It tries to play like WoW and GW2 but really can't.

Offline Dom

« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2014, 04:07:40 PM »
I've been beta testing TESO.. it has it's issues but if they can get most of them worked out by launch I think it might be solid.

WoW is still and old standby for when I'm bored as hell and need something to do.

I've abandoned all the other MMOs that I was playing from time to time. I've tired.... too many to count. 

Offline someinheritthewealth

« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2014, 09:32:41 AM »
The Secret World is the only one I need that's for sure :).

Offline Tsenta

« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2014, 03:26:52 AM »
Managed to get Dungeons and Dragons Online patched...been running low lvl quests for favor for a while now. Iconic heroes ftw. :3

Offline Ithnuul

« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2014, 12:58:30 PM »
I played a stint of WoW back when I was a bit younger but since then I've been avoiding MMO's, to much time and work for to little pay off, I don't feel like playing for a month to get what I could of got in a single player game in a few hours. That and not having any affect on the game world what so ever.

Offline ReduxRed

• Your secret angel and public demon
  • Lady
  • Orgiest
  • Location: Somewhere not loud enough but not quiet enough either.
  • I'm back baby!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2014, 08:28:26 PM »
Aion! Who wants to smite Asmodians with me?

Offline marauder13

• A Patient Male
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Always on the lookout for my next friend.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2014, 08:29:59 PM »
I've only ever played one MMO - EvE. Been playing it for 7 years with the same character, which doesn't include the two years worth of breaks, and I have not yet touched on everything it has to offer. But the thing about it I like the most is that there is one one server and everyone plays on it. Baring updates, it's up 23/7 all year round.

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2014, 09:16:28 PM »
I've only ever played one MMO - EvE. Been playing it for 7 years with the same character, which doesn't include the two years worth of breaks, and I have not yet touched on everything it has to offer. But the thing about it I like the most is that there is one one server and everyone plays on it. Baring updates, it's up 23/7 all year round.

I returned after a three year hiatus us on my heavily built builder (I quit because I lost something like 30 billion ISK to what was essentially a suicide bomber who blew up my transport and mocked me) only to discover bounties are huge and damn near eternal. Got my mining barge blown up in 0.8 space and when I asked the guy why he tagged me with a 300 million bounty and his buddies and anther 150 more.

Broke, busted and not wishing to lose any more I figured it was time to guit again.. shame, I really enjoyed working with Arrow Corp.

Offline Major Major

« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2014, 12:18:18 AM »
I'm playing War Thunder myself; WWII MMO, currently in Open Beta; there's three intertwined phases to a game: air combat (open to all), Ground-based tank combat (in closed beta but will open soon), and Naval Combat (coming soon). The unit choices range from 1931 to 1953, so you've got a choice of fun things.

If this interests you, please follow the link below, and tell them that NZRedBaron1985 invited you.

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_10941699

Offline Silverfyre

• Mr. Fyre, or if you're slightly more daring, oh Silver my Silver.
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Once more, with gusto.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2014, 06:58:39 PM »
Still playing Star Wars: the Old Republic.  Been on there since launch and it still keeps me entertained.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2014, 11:09:23 PM »
Still playing Star Wars: the Old Republic.  Been on there since launch and it still keeps me entertained.
Same.

Offline Witch

« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2014, 12:11:00 AM »
Aura Kingdom is pretty chill. Do the quest = reach level cap o_o

Offline KaylaM

« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2014, 05:45:21 AM »

Every now and then I consider going back, but my good experiences were somewhat outweighed by the disappointments and the shortcomings of the game. I know that they've changed/improved/etc a lot, but at the same time, a lot of the flaws were hard-coded into the engine

Offline Yugishogun

• Giver of amazing items to all those in need
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Elliquiy Arms! Maku Spark!!!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2014, 02:22:28 PM »
Aura Kingdom is pretty chill. Do the quest = reach level cap o_o

I looked into the game a bit on the net and I might want to try it this week.

Offline Kurzyk

« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2014, 05:36:01 PM »
This is a really old game, but does anyone remember Ultima online? One thing I really loved about that game was that you could build your own house, decorate it, and hang out inside crafting weapons and armor, then sell them through NPC vendors. Does anyone know if that exists in any MMOs today?

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2014, 06:18:26 PM »
Sadly no.  And it's not likely to every happen again.

It's more of the nature of players.  Back in Ultima Online, most players were still getting used to the idea of an MMO.

Now, most of the 'Hardcore' (which aren't at all, they're just people who've either played long enough to understand the legal exploits, or copycats who've read it somewhere on the internet) have realized how to get the 'best stuff', and most of that's End Game level.  Which is almost always through grinding, via Raids.

And everyone just wants the 'best' stuff.  After all, if you can just craft it, then why bother playing the game after you have it?

Online ShadowFox89

« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2014, 07:52:14 PM »
 That must be why I'm disliking most traditional MMOs. I don't want to do raids. I don't want to grind for the best gear. I want to play with people and have fun.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2014, 07:58:19 PM »
It's the nature of people.  We want to find the most efficient way to get what we want.  And once found, everyone will copy, because everyone wants it.

Offline K3ystone

« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2014, 08:30:38 PM »
This is a really old game, but does anyone remember Ultima online? One thing I really loved about that game was that you could build your own house, decorate it, and hang out inside crafting weapons and armor, then sell them through NPC vendors. Does anyone know if that exists in any MMOs today?
Well Aion does have houses, interior decorating etc. Not sure if it's like Ultima's system as I'm not familiar with that particular MMO. You don't build houses but instead start with a studio and can buy a separate house, mansion, estate or palace in auctions.(These are limited in number except studios ie. only 4 palaces, 127 estates, etc. per server. My figures may not be accurate here!)  Aion does have scripts you can write and run (you can import them as macros too) within your house which can do anything from play songs, make things glow, jump, levitate, resize or recolour them etc. An aspect I quite enjoy (not to mention the "demon" Butlers :3)