You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 12:51:50 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: what MMOs is anyone playing?  (Read 9781 times)

Offline Chris Brady

Re: what MMOs is anyone playing?
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2013, 06:39:37 PM »
Actually, Sel, Blizz found out that they were wrong about D3 being online only.  Even people who wanted it, don't, apparently.  Can't find the article, but they realized.  Not doing anything about it, like Blizz normally does, but...

Either way, I've been playing WoW for so long, my friends would literally call the cops if I don't show without saying something.

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2013, 06:57:38 PM »

To me? Vuljin should have shanked Garrosh on the spot at the end of the siege.

Vol'Jin still had too much respect for Thrall, and Thrall was the one who agreed to let Garrosh stand trial. So while Big V did have the biggest right to a shanking if one was going to happen, it wouldn't have been in character for him to do it there.

As for why Thrall/Varian let Garrosh live to begin with - I'm in the camp that thinks it's the worst thing they could have done to him. If they had killed him, he would have died happy...defeated, but defeated in honorable combat, and executed by an Orc at least. But making him stand trial for his crimes (that he doesn't think were wrong), then locking him up for the rest of his life instead of giving him a warrior's death, would have been horribly humiliating. And it would have worked (based on one of the alt-future visions from TI), if Someone *coughKairozcough* didn't intervene and spring Garry from jail.

Offline ShadowFox89

« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2013, 08:54:36 PM »
Actually, Sel, Blizz found out that they were wrong about D3 being online only.  Even people who wanted it, don't, apparently.  Can't find the article, but they realized.  Not doing anything about it, like Blizz normally does, but...

Either way, I've been playing WoW for so long, my friends would literally call the cops if I don't show without saying something.

Was that recent? Because everything recent is:
http://gamerant.com/diablo-3-no-offline-mode-pc/
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/11/13/martens-said-offline-mode-was-wrong-reaffirms-diablo-iiis-on/

The list goes on.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2013, 09:34:52 AM »
It was recent, as in the last 3 months or so.  Just before Wilson got shuffled to a differing section of Blizzard.

Offline Sel Nar

« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2013, 02:06:02 PM »
It was recent, as in the last 3 months or so.  Just before Wilson got shuffled to a differing section of Blizzard.

Read: Shuffled out of development or decision-making because he has more than 3 synapses to rub together.

Offline ShadowFox89

« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2013, 02:18:06 PM »

Offline drivebyte

« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2013, 08:26:19 PM »
I'm a lost and lonely MMORPG player.

It's been a couple years since any of them have held my interest and the last was ....

I either need to find a new really great group of people to play with or a phenomenally engaging MMORPG. (Be better to have both.)

This is basically where I am with MMOs. I think the last one I really got into was SWG (played through the CU, ended up quitting a few months after). I have played Neverwinter, WoW, SWG, Anarchy Online, EVE Online, and Everquest and a few other free to plays here and there briefly.

I realize that the issue with them is generally that I don't have a solid playgroup and the games themselves are never good enough without good people to play with. They take after their parents that way (tabletop RPGs). I am hesitantly excited for some of the kickstarter MMOs that are eventually coming out.

I found Neverwinter to be astoundingly boring. Are the other competitors better?

Offline Rex33

« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2013, 07:59:28 PM »
I'm very interested in the MMO Grepolis, which is a ancient greece based game I believe where there are multiple worlds and there can only be one winning alliance.(By all means correct me if im wrong)

Offline Rhedyn

« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2013, 05:39:30 AM »
I started playing Guild Wars 2 this week (since it's currently on sale) and so far I'm really enjoying it :)

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2013, 03:19:26 AM »
Alright. One of the things about Blood AND Night elves a lot of folks forget is till the final events of WC 3, they were essentially immortal. Death by violence was the only way they died. Blood Elves USED to be  High Elves till a certain Tea bagging human by then name of Arthras stomped into their capital and destroyed the racial font of power to resurrect Kel'Thuzad. Killing 90% of all High elves in the process. Only 10% of the REMAINING survivors are still high delves, the 'blood elves' being a group that used any magic they could find to survive.

If I was one of the survivors, it  might be hard to forgive humans for the recent genocide.

Why would all humans need to be forgiven for what Arthas did?

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2013, 03:35:03 AM »
Why would all humans need to be forgiven for what Arthas did?
Yeah, didn't they FIGHT Arthas tooth and nail?  (And lost, but hey, they're not the Orcs, there's only room for one heroic race in WoW.)

Offline Shjade

« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2013, 08:37:38 AM »
They did! Except for, y'know, the ones that didn't, and the others that got all needlessly racist and hostile when the elves tried to save themselves via means they found inappropriate.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2013, 08:41:44 AM »
They did! Except for, y'know, the ones that didn't, and the others that got all needlessly racist and hostile when the elves tried to save themselves via means they found inappropriate.
Preaching to the choir, my friend.

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »
I guess I should have known better than to ask. My apologies.

Offline Tsenta

« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2013, 01:42:53 AM »
The troubles of finding a multiplayer online RPG that's dial-up friendly and isn't one of those boring energy/time/etc based ones. Like I wanna spend an hour waiting to get enough energy to go fight monsters!  -Throws fit-

Offline Sel Nar

« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2013, 02:38:34 AM »
The troubles of finding a multiplayer online RPG that's dial-up friendly and isn't one of those boring energy/time/etc based ones. Like I wanna spend an hour waiting to get enough energy to go fight monsters!  -Throws fit-

I'd suggest warframe, as it's co-op multiplayer third-person shootmans, but, well, dial-up for you.

Offline Tsenta

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2013, 03:46:02 AM »
Not too fond of shooting games. >_>;

Offline LeSane

« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2013, 04:35:41 AM »
Warframe... Its not what you expect from an MMO since its much more sci-fi and shooter, but its one of those you have to enjoy since each one of the characters you get can are unique in their own way. I've been playing again for the entire month and its gotten better. I have four characters in total each making me have to think on what I'm doing. However I've fallen for the 'necromancer' of the characters.

Offline Sel Nar

« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2013, 11:06:16 AM »
I get my chuckles with the Mag 'frame. The Pull skill, maxed out, is basically a 'clear the room' button. Every enemy in a 160-degree arc, up to 25 metres away, is hauled into the air and thrown towards my feet, taking 300 damage in the process; if it doesn't kill them instantly, well, that's what your melee weapon's for.

Needless to say, it's almost game-breakingly powerful, considering it's also a dirt-cheap skill to use.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2013, 02:25:03 PM »
I wouldn't call Warframe an MMO, it's at best a 4 person squad based shooter with vague trappings of space ninja.  There's not even a real 'lobby' of sorts to interact with.  And you can actually play solo, without every meeting another person.  Even if the game is designed and balanced for 4 players.

Offline Ryven

• Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2013, 09:21:39 PM »
http://www.themarysue.com/jane-austen-mmo-ever-jane/

Put your RPing skills in action with this one. :P

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2013, 09:46:30 PM »

I'd rather make love to a blender.

Offline Ryven

• Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2013, 09:49:46 PM »
I'd rather make love to a blender.

*gasps* Impertinent gadfly!

Offline Shjade

« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2013, 11:37:57 PM »

Wow. That sounds like all the things I dislike most about MMOs wrapped up in one game. Nice.

Offline Sel Nar

« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2013, 11:46:27 PM »
Checking out Dragon's Prophet. Plays like a combination of MMO and Monster Hunter, reasonably fun, if grindy.

Might be worth taking a poke at longer-term.