[NCES] The Animist's Battle Arena 2: Rebirth

Started by The Great Triangle, July 01, 2008, 06:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

I'm considering doing a revival of the large game The Animist's Battle Arena .  The basic premise of the Arena is that people end up on a mysterious island where they engage in gladiatorial sex fights which lead them to transform into monsters.

The revival of the game will be based on an entirely new plot set on the same Island.  Here's the general idea:

It has been 7 years since the series of incidents referred to in the intelligence community as The Animist's Battle Arena.  In his hubris, the Animist tampered with the human genome, rather than simply engaging in animal human hybrids, causing unexpected feedback loops within the human immune system.   A few weeks after surveillance footage was terminated, the island was filled with a substance known as the Ani-Virus, and somehow, much of the island was reduced to a glass parking lot by a series of nuclear explosions.

That was not the end of it, however.  A mysterious individual referring to itself only as Rebirth has recruited and kidnapped a number of people, taking them to the Animist's island for an experiment on a grand scale.  Rebirth has revived the Animist's battle system, creating a society where the principal economic activity is the causation of massive mutation by spreading the Ani-Virus.  Unfortunately, the Ani-Virus is spread by sexual fluids, thus leading to insane brutality, even if Rebirth offers DNA injectors to ease the process.

In the chaos created by Rebirth, powerful artifacts and dangerous monsters lurk in the depths of The Animist's underground labs and derelict living quarters.  Humans are turned into monsters, and enslaved by bigger monsters.  And in the chaos of it all, dark rumors persist that the Animist actually succeeded in his goal of creating the perfect being...
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Atlus

I could be into this but I've got a couple of questions. How anthro is this going to get? Or better yet, will this feature people who can transform into monsters and animal/human hybrids or will it feature furries? Second question, is there any chance the rules system could be simplified as compared to the last game?
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

The Great Triangle

The game will most likely be at the monster level of animal human hybrids, although successful fighters will be able to stay at the furry level.  Mental modifications are also possible. 

As for the rules system, I was planning on using a slightly streamlined (better rules for transformations and no more awkward sex rules) version of the system from the last game, although I am open to suggestions for rules systems.  The main problem would be getting a system granular enough to adapt to all of the transformations and such.

The Arena System

I've also worked out the rules for weapons, armor, and other equipment, and those will be more within the reach of starting characters.  I've also worked out stats for various buyable sex toys and bondage gear, which should lead to some rather kinky fights.

Ons and Offs

Atlus

Hmmm... This rule set wouldn't happen to be based on BBSW would it? I think I'd be into this, but the rules are going to trip me up. Have fun guys, can't wait to read it.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

The Great Triangle

I actually do need to go and reference BBSW to compare my rule set to it.  I might also consider using a modified version of it if I consider it superior enough to be worth the  break in tradition.  The arena system isn't that complicated though.   :)

Ons and Offs

Atlus

It's probably straight forward in actual play but reading over it didn't do anything for me. Then again I made my 3rd DnD character ever about five days ago. I can make a system just fine. I'm good at math. But when faced with picking up a new RPG on first sight my brain wanders off to parts unknown.

Elohim

Its not complicated its D100+(Stat +Stat) its... nothing at all really.

GrinningHound

Hikari

Are you using the "Rules for The Arena" transformation rules?  The last Animist's didn't really use them at all, and it was a major sticking point for me.  I know I'd prefer the more gradual slope of the original rules for the situations they produce.  (For example, a character who has been forced to start an animal transformation after losing and wants to avoid it...  but to do that, they need to be strong enough not to lose, so they start taking on other transformations when they win, starting down a slippery slope...)
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

GrinningHound

So, the motivation is that we are kidnapped and forced to fight and procreate, and if we lose we get the 'humiliating' transformations, and if we win we get the good ones?

Will there be a larger plot going on, like could we, the slaves, plot a revolt to get off the island? ;D

The Great Triangle

The main larger plot will be investigating the ruins of the Animist's lab and trying to understand the properties of the Ani-Virus.  The virus presents a major threat to human society and the Earth's ecosystem, so escaping without a cure for it would be criminally irresponsible.  (and increase the random encounter rate by 300%   :))

That said, you will have a decent chance to escape and/or overthrow rebirth if you really try, although fighting rebirth will require quite a bit of power.

The Ani-Virus and Transformations

When you create your character, you should note what strain of the Ani-Virus you have, for example, one might have a version of the virus that causes lupine features, or a virus that causes hermaphrodite features.  Whenever you infect someone with the virus, you may change that person according to the strain you have, and may also manifest the mutation of your strain according to the level of mutation you are experiencing.  After infecting the same person twice, a genetic exchange occurs, and that person becomes immune to your strain of the Ani-Virus (at least for a while) and you acquire a new strain of the virus.  (which need not be the same strain as the person you infected twice.)

A character can have up to 3 strains present in their system at a time, or 4 strains if they are currently under the effects of a level 3 transformation or humiliation. 

The Transformation/Humiliation Track:

Transfers:

1. Level 0
2. Level 1
3. Level 2
(go back to 1)

A winning streak of 3 wins or losses (counting fights only) upgrades a person's transformation to level 3, regardless of where they are on the mutation track. 

The Ani-Serum will also now be available for purchase, and grant incredible power in combat, in exchange for increasing the severity of mutations experienced.  Minor versions of the ani serum (the anthro and futa injections) increase the severity of a mutation experienced at the end of combat by 1, while major versions of the ani serum (the analyst and berserker injections) cause an automatic level 3 mutation, although the power they grant is staggering.

Pets

When a fighter loses a fight, he does not automatically risk becoming a pet.  However, he does go 100 credits into debt, which can be forgiven by doing a service for the fighter who beat him (such as having sex or participating in a fight and handing over the winnings, both of which give the fighter 100 credits.)

Another way a fighter can pay his debt, if he lacks credits, is to have himself collared by Rebirth.  The fighter agrees to wear a collar, in exchange for allowing Rebirth to sell the rights to use the collar to harm and control him.  There are three main types of collar contract:

Standard Collar: When activated by the purchaser, it makes the victim horny.

Power Collar: When activated by the purchaser, it delivers a firm electric shock to the victim.

Submission Collar: When activated by the purchaser, it crushes the victim's mind, making the exercise of free will difficult.

A standard collar contract is worth 50 credits, a power collar contract is worth 75 credits, and a submission collar contract is worth 150 credits.  A fighter may have up to 10 collar contracts, but only 3 unsold contracts at a time.  By purchasing a fighter's collar contracts, another fighter can easily blackmail the fighter, by threatening to activate the collar contracts during a fight, or simply using them to beat the character into submission.  Collar contracts are freely transferable, for any agreement that both parties find acceptable. 

Pet is not a term used by rebirth, but collared individuals who are owned by another are often referred to as such.  Fighters should carefully weight the value of acquiring needed equipment against the risk of becoming a pet by mortgaging their own free will.  A fighter may get out of a collar contract by purchasing the contract himself, although he may only do this at market value if the contract is unsold.

Ons and Offs

Deviant of Love

I'll sell my soul,
My self-esteem, a dollar at a time.
For one chance, one kiss,
One taste of you my black Madonna.

Tantalize me.

Deathnote

Hmm... maybe I should try making a new character for the rebirth... >_>

The Great Triangle

The game will begin once we have 4 or more characters ready.  There will be bonuses for players who recruit others as well.  (as yet undetermined)  A player may create multiple characters if he or she wishes.

Characters from the origanal Animist's battle arena might be playable with approval, but most likely will be assumed to have either escaped the island or perished in the disaster.  Once we have enough players, those who played in the origonal may bring their characters back as alternate characters, but they will most likely have mutated quite a bit due to the Ani-Virus.  (they will also tend to have high stats, based on surviving a hostile environment for a while, but will not have the support of rebirth.)

Ons and Offs