The World Will End In Seven Days
You Have One Chance To Save It...
It seemed too good to be true; a vaccine to end all the major viral diseases at once, easily dispursed via air, benefitting not only mankind, but all life on earth. It seemed too good to be true... and it was. Too late scientists discovered the horrifying side effects of the miracle vaccine. It began to deteriorate the cells of all living things, causing them to decay and eventually die. The bleakest part about the whole matter? According to the calculations done
which had been checked hundreds of times by thousands of experts around the globe
all life on earth will have died within the next seven days.
This is the story of those seven days. A story about human society falling into a state of desperation and chaos, as hopelessness reigns supreme. A story where one scientist refuses to give up and seeks to find a cure within those seven days. A story about the people who stand with them, most complete strangers of all walks of life, who try to help in any way they can, clinging to that tiny slither of hope together.
It's my first go at setting up a group game of my own. Now, I'm just checking interest at this point, but here are some things I am looking for:
- A small group of dedicated players. Preferably somewhere between four and eight, but I/we can come up with some things if there's a lot of interest, to expand the amount of roles in the story.
- Ideally at least two to three paragraphs on average per post from each participants.
- Story is the main focus here, but that doesn't mean we can't through in a smut scene here or there if certain characters grow close during the desperate seven days. However, the main goal is still to save the world, so let's not get carried too far away. Heh heh.
- Roles for the characters can go many ways. There could be, for instance, one that's able to assist the scientist in their lab work, while others might be better off going out to collect whatever the scientist needs to advance his work. I want some diversity. When the world has fallen into a state of chaos you'll find people of the strangest and most diverse walks of life banding together. In other words, I don't want this to become a game where all the characters are highly trained soldiers or something in the like. The college grad student; the minimum wage store clerk; the hobo on the street corner; the former wallstreet hotshot stock broker; the housewife and mother; the rookie cop. These are the kinds of people I'm looking for.
I want this to be a game that puts a heavy focus on moral choices. How much are you willing to sacrifice to save not only yourself but the world?
It will mainly be set in an urban environment. Perhaps a city like New York. With such a densely populated place thrown into a state of anarchy and despair, the characters will be facing quite a few difficult challenges. The first day of the game will be mostly spent having the characters crossing paths with the scientist and ending up being rallied for the cause. I choose seven days so that we have a clear goal to work towards. A climax, if you will.
The scientist is slated for an NPC role played by myself as of now, but should someone want the role, they are free to pick it up.About the cell destroying vaccine:
About Day 1 and goals:
- The entire world is infected. Not a single person is immune and will die within the seven days.
- As the vaccine was spread via the air, and thus inhaled, the first symptoms characters will experience will start either in the lungs, the bloodvessels, or the brain. Headaches, breathing problems, anaemia, etc.
- Not everyone will die exactly at the end of the seven days. It differs per individual, but everyone will eventually die sometime within the seven days.
- In the game we will see a gradual process, meaning our characters will grow weaker with each day. What might start out as a slight headache on day one might have become an almost paralyzing fever that threatens to shut down the brain by the end of day six. It's a gradual process in which the characters become more and more aware of their impending doom, and thus more desperate.
- This also opens up options for players to "bail out" early, should they so desire. If we are on day four and someone decides they need to drop out for some reason or another, their character can easily be written out.
- The first day, for now, has been planned to have all player characters encounter the scientist and end up agreeing to help them out with their attempt to find a way to counter the cell destroying vaccine.
- The scientist will occupy a now abandoned lab located within a medical research vacility at the edge of downtown New York. It will function as the central hub and base of the characters.
- With not only the city but the world in a state of disarray, many facilities such as electricity and water will quickly run out or be shut down, forcing the characters to start scavanging for items such as portable power generators, and fuel for said generators, to keep the lab up and running.
- Naturally, there are many other goals the characters will have to accomplish and dangers to be faced, but those will remain hidden for now.
[b]Date of Birth:[/b]
[b]Place of Residence:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] [Can be either a picture, a written description, or both.]
[b]Personality:[/b] [A general discription]
[b]Postive Personality Traits:[/b]
[b]Negative Personality Traits:[/b]
[b]Motivations:[/b] [What drives your character in life]
[b]Outlook:[/b] [How do they view their life or life in general. For example: are they a pesimist, an optimist, or something somewhere in-between?]
[b]Likes:[/b] [Can be anything. From their favorite food(s) or television program(s), to what sort of traits they appreciate in other people. Whatever you can think of.]
[b]Dislikes:[/b] [Opposite of Likes, naturally.]
[b]History:[/b] [Their life up until the seven days before the end]
[b]Equipment:[/b] [What the character carries with them at the start of the seven days. Keep it realistic.]
[b]Theme Song(s):[/b] [Optional]
The Electrician: Moon Hound Hati
The Scientist: Countdown0
The Soldier: Strifesblaze7
The Student: xSnorkleRainbow
The Art/Music Student: Reia
The Ecologist: Lemon Lime
The Dancer: Julles
In any case, let me know what you think. Any suggestions and comments are welcome! I'll put up some kind of character sheet if there's some actual interest.