Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded!

Started by RedEve, June 30, 2013, 05:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

Those of you who are old enough - like me - to have lived through the earlier days of PC gaming, you will likely have played at least one of (or likely all) the following:

The Curse of Monkey Island
Prince of Persia

And lastly, Leisure Suit Larry.

It would appear that the original game has recently gotten its second make-over.

Which incidentally made me realize that it might make for a good basis for a roleplay.

A group of players with a shared appreciation for double entendres and sometimes lowbrow humor could create their own Larry Laffer story.

Anyone who might be interested in taking part in this, or merely brainstorm for a usable setting or suggestions/ideas, feel free to respond in this thread.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

AndyZ

I loved these games, though I didn't like the direction they went with Magna Cum Laude.

If you did a setting on this, I'd figure you'd have to have things as risque as possible without going over into actual sex.  I'd recommend against using any actual characters (including Larry) but places could be open as an option.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RedEve

The one thing I had intended to change was the non-screen sex aspect of the Larry series.
Meaning that on those rare occasions that Larry (or our Larry stand-in) will get lucky, we will actually play it out IC. ;)

AndyZ

Ah, you wanted someone to play a Larry-type char.  I could certainly try for that, though I'd have to figure out what's painfully out of style now as opposed to continuing to use disco.  Unless I did incurable geek or something similar.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

RedEve

Well I wouldn't mind trying it with you but we would need a few more female characters to have the real Larry-feel. ;)

steelsmiter

do the players gave to be female?
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

AndyZ

I have no issue with players playing characters of another gender (I do all the time) and I'm pretty sure RedEve doesn't either.

RedEve

No problem whatsoever with gender-switching for our players.
So guys can play girls and girls can be guys.

Though there is only one real PC role for a guy in this game: the Larry game.

I'd suggest NPCing most of the other male characters.

Creative Accountant

Haha this is brilliant! I am quite the cheesy pun merchant and Leisure Suit Larry is right up my street, the ability to play out the naughty parts just make it all the more fun.

You have certainly aroused my interest and I would very much like to play with you.

RedEve

Great to see we have some interest.

Could you all give me some idea of what role you would be wishing to play in this? :)

steelsmiter

I want to play a girl. Possibly a sibling that gets involved in a sister on Larry threesome, but that factor isn't necessary.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Creative Accountant

Herein lies he problem, I would prefer to play a male and with only one male character I may well be squeezed out of the reckoning.

I have no issue being a woman persay, I've just never really played one before and don't feel comfortable trying it out in a group game.

If it was another male I was thinking either rival or wingman of "larry". An interesting take might be a partner of one of the potential conquests. However if there's only one guy then I won't take up any more of your time with ideas.

You can let me know either way, I'll be keeping an eye on this!

AndyZ

I'll let Creative have the male slot on this ^_^

RedEve

Okay, I guess now we need to decide upon a location for the fun to take place?
Is it a city, or something slightly more limited like the Cruise ship we get in one of the Larry installments? :)

RedEve

I guess we could return to the earliest roots of the Larry series and set the story in Lost Wages (a spoof version of Las Vegas).

As for a CS, I will keep it simple:
[float=right][img width=500 padding=15](insert character image here, if with smaller than 500 pixels, remove formatting)[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] (take into consideration the penchant for double entendres in the nomenclature, especially for the female characters)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Short background:[/b] (This is mostly to give an idea of who our "Larry" will be romancing and what general archetype they are supposed to represent)

RedEve

Here is mine:

Name: Belinda Loinz
Short background: Belinda is the heiress to the Loinz paper tissue empire. She is your stereotypical, slightly ditzy blonde who uses the family fortune to jetset around the world and party in the most exclusive locales. Her one goal in life is to have as much fun as she can. Her approach to relationships is a rather shallow one, as she likes to keep things short and sweet. She is picky about the men she frequents… for the most part. Every girl indulges in the need to slum it a bit from time to time, amirite?

steelsmiter

Name: Heidi Kanz
Short background: Heidi is of Eastern European descent but was born and raised in Lost Wages. Her mother was one of those mail order brides and ended up taking to prostitution in Lost Wages after her husband stayed with her long enough for her to be naturalized, then divorced her. One might think that such a background would wear on a girl's mind but when her pubescent years took a highly positive toll on her body, she embraced her lot in life. Heidi did her first titfuck at the age of 16. She became a legal member of the Bunny Ranch when the law allowed her to do so. Last year she retired from the Bunny Ranch, after a short vacation to the beach in the hopes that she could find a man to settle down with. In the mean time she has taken a part time job as a showgirl and supplements with the occasional freelancing on the side.

"De Kanz, dey are high no?"
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Creative Accountant

Name: Harry Dangler
Short background: Harry today is a failed businessman who is now living from the inheritance of his wealthy Uncle Larry. Harry had modeled his life around his infamous Uncle and has a penchant for drinking, gambling and fast women. As a young man 80s, he was quite successful both in business and in pleasure, finding his fingers in many pies.

That all changed when he found the bottom at the racetrack. Miss Sapphire was her name, she was an Asian Filly with long black hair, fantastic legs and a rear that could make a man sigh with satisfaction. He had been given a red hot tip and found himself going very big. At first everything was going so wonderfully well, it was a wonderful ride and Miss Sapphire was on top...but it came too soon...Harry was left penniless and dejected after the stupid horse finished second.

With the money went his confidence and his charm, until the letter came through about the passing of his late Uncle and the Billion dollar inheritance. He promised himself he wouldnt blow it this time, but Larry could always sniff out temptations...

AndyZ

I'm sorry, folks.  I'm just not coming up with any good ideas.

RedEve

I'd prefer at least three girls before I start this game off. :)

steelsmiter

You know with Harry's story full of double entendre I was worried there for a moment that mine was too straight up, and perhaps a little too tragically deluded. In any case, I can't wait for this game to go into full swing.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Creative Accountant

Haha I think that's a compliment?

I was just getting into the larry spirit!

steelsmiter

oh yes that was a you compliment/me neg. btw, did you fix the harry typo? I didn't check.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Creative Accountant

It was Harry by intention in order to differentiate him and original Larry.

He can be Larry if particularly required.

steelsmiter

yes what I meant was that you started off calling him Harry and the last line had Larry or something like that
I don't play in PMs
O/Os