Pruning/Deleting specific messages from inbox/sent box

Started by HybridHalf, June 30, 2013, 05:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HybridHalf

I'm starting to delete old messages from my inbox/sent box and it's time consuming and tedious to unselect messages from the ones you want to get rid off. Is there a way to delete messages under certain parameters, such as by user or subject? The only parameter right now to mass delete messages is to set the system to delete messages older than two weeks; I don't want to do that since some messages contain picture links to material I may use in future RP's. 

Trieste

You can set message rules to apply to incoming PMs (such as putting them in a folder or some such) and you can use the prune tool to delete messages older than a certain number of days (two weeks is the default but you can change it). Other than that, not really.

Also, be careful not to have your PMs in conversation mode while deleting, since that tends to delete the whole string.

HybridHalf

Damn. Guess i'll slowly dump the old messages.....

steelsmiter

Quote from: Trieste on June 30, 2013, 11:11:50 AM
you can use the prune tool to delete messages older than a certain number of days (two weeks is the default but you can change it).

If I wanted to delete every message other than 2 weeks except certain ones (mentor help, etc) could I select those individually as exceptions or would I need to mark/deselect the ones that stayed?
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Trieste

Quote from: steelsmiter on June 30, 2013, 10:01:15 PM
If I wanted to delete every message other than 2 weeks except certain ones (mentor help, etc) could I select those individually as exceptions or would I need to mark/deselect the ones that stayed?

It indiscriminately deletes everything prior to the time you select, and it deletes from all folders.