News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Hyborian Age - Dark Valley Destiny (Closed)

Started by Moraline, June 23, 2013, 09:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

Closed

Dark Valley Destiny

Quote"Yezdigerd, king of Turan, was the mightiest monarch in the world. In his palace in the great port city of Aghrapur was heaped the plunder of empires. His fleets of purple-sailed war galleys had made Vilayet an Hyrkanian lake. The dark-skinned people of Zamora paid him tribute, as did the eastern provinces of Koth. The Shemites bowed to his rule as far west as Shushan. (...) His gilt-helmeted swordsmen had trampled hosts under their horses' hoofs, and walled cities went up in flames at his command. In the glutted slave markets of Aghrapur, Sultanapur, Khawarizm, Shapur and Khorusun, women were sold for three small silver coins -- blond Brythunians, tawny Stygians, dark-haired Zamorians, ebon Kushites, olive-skinned Shemites."
~ Robert E. Howard: "The Devil In Iron"
Hyborian Age is a freeform semi directed group role play set in the world of Conan. Only minimal understanding and knowledge of the Conan world are required to participate.

We are recruiting a couple of people for the NEW Dark Valley Destiny (IC) thread. The game is currently active with a different group in the Weird Tales (IC) thread but we've decided to set up a second group.  The Dark Valley Destiny group will have posting commitments of only 1-2 per week (players may post more if desired.) This will give players the freedom to explore the region of Turan, form their own alliances and seek riches at their own pace.

See the Dark Valley Destiny (IC) thread for more information about the region of Turan and the adventures(rumors list) that are awaiting.

PM if you are interested in joining or if you have any questions.

Clickable Thread Links
Dark Valley Destiny (IC)
Weird Tales (IC)
Chronicles (IC)
The Leaky Wench of Kordava (IC)
Mercenary Company (Character Sheets)
Original Interest Check
OOC Lounge

Character Sheet (Contains Information on Character Creation and the Races of Hyboria)

Click select then copy the highlighted text.
[float=right] <insert image code here - set image height=300 and please resize overly large images>  [/float]

[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Player[/b]:
[b]Country of Origin[/b]:  <and nationality if different from country of origin> < http://hyboria.xoth.net/races/human_races.htm >
[b]Deity(s)[/b]:  <see races link above for common deities for differing regions>
[b]Sexual Orientation[/b]:

[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Weight[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Distinguishing Features/Markings/Scars/Tattoos[/b]:

[b]Class/Skill Background[/b]:  <No magic, magic is rare and usually considered something to be feared>
< Example backgrounds, Warrior, Soldier, Gladiator, Pirate, Knight, Barbarian, Ranger, Calvary, Hunter, Thief, Assassin, Battle Field Medic, Shaman(herbal healer and spirit guide), Whore, Slave, Cook, Blacksmith, Bard, etc...>
< Add notes for 2 or 3 specialty skills after you choose a main sort of class/background. Ex: Calvary are expert mounted fighters, Thieves are expert lock picks and pick pockets, Assassin's are good with poisons, etc...  Please keep your class/background selection limited to just one or two skill sets.>
<< See Mercenary Company thread for current examples of characters>>

[b]Weapons Specialties[/b]:  <Please only pick 1 or 2 - These maybe in addition to any Class oriented specialty skills, limit the skills please>

[b]Weapons[/b]:  <You have 1-2 weapons with you (a shield maybe one.)>

[b]Armor[/b]:  <Start with 2-3 pieces of armor, please keep in mind that you have to wear it to carry it, metal makes a lot of noise, and will cause you to struggle/drown if in deep water>

[b]Equipment/Supplies[/b]:  <You have a small sack worth of poor quality supplies. A skinning knife maybe included here if desired.>
<Example equipment might include: skinning knife, 20 ft of thin rope(holds 1 person), some dried rations(jerky,fish,hard bread,cheese), a change of clothes(rough sewn), water/wine skin,... anything small - roughly/poorly made, etc... Must fit into a small backpack sized sack.>

[b]Personality Traits[/b]:  <basically any special personality quirks that might be out of the ordinary>
[b]Racial Animosities[/b]:  Y/N <if so against which race>
[b]Phobias[/b]:  Y/N <if so of what types>

[b]Bio & Notes[/b]:  <Don't forget to read the FAQ's>

Magic, Combat, and You.

A note about magic, the supernatural, and you: (For the rare occasion when it's encountered in game)

These things exist in the world and everyone knows it but few have seen them. People know of tales of the dead walking, or flying demons. Dark witches that spill blood to cast incantations and burn men alive.

Your character would have grown up on tales of gods and goddesses, demons, cannibals, and creatures lurking in the shadows.

However, regardless of the stories that your character has heard or the bravery they display in battle, nothing is quit like going face to face with a horror straight out of a nightmare. The tales your character was told as a child were designed to terrify young ones into listening to adults and following in their various deities teachings. These lessons are ingrained in your culture and belief systems.

The combat experience and you...:

#1 YOU ARE NOT CONAN!

My expectations for players are simply that they will recognize the fact that although they maybe good swordsman/whatever but when they are fighting there should be a sense of desperation in their response. A realization that getting hurt means pain. ...as long as players recognize and give proper response to the reality of combat I'm okay with it.

Consider your combat experience as above average but you are not Conan and all combat should be approached with caution in mind. Respond to combat as though every action and re-action is potentially life and death (or at least potential agonizing pain.)

What I'm saying is just that your characters should think before they act and treat actions as having consequences.

Characters should always be aware of the risks and the pain of battle. They should act like fighting is a gritty visceral thing and not a matter or rolling dice or dropping in flowery words of victory. So while it might be easy to beat up a street urchin, it's still a dangerous proposition with risks that need to be considered accordingly.

(Obvious acceptations are friendly practice duels and casual drunken brawls. Who doesn't love a good brawl?! *smashes a chair over someones head* )

For a complete list of characters please click here:  Hyborian Age - Mercenary Company (Character Sheets)

Please Tag Posts with:
[float=left][IMG height=200 padding=8] <insert image> [/float]

[b]Name:[/b]  <maybe hyperlink your characters name to your character sheet, see OOC notes if you need the hyperlink>
[b]Nationality:[/b]  <Cimmerian, Aquilonian, Zingaran, Shemite, Stygian, etc..>
[b]Class/Skill Set:[/b]  <see character lists if needed>
[b]Location:[/b]  <where in scene, street, inside, backroom, etc...>
[b]Tagged:[/b]  <who you're with>

[hr]

Moraline

*EDIT*

I forgot to add that there are no magic player characters in this game. Magic as stated in the above post is rare, dark, and mysterious.

I'm keeping this game more in tune with the savage world as laid out in the original works of Robert E Howard. Because of this choice, I have placed the game in the Extreme section just because it might get bloody and violent. It's also a world filled with slavery and vice. Where kingdoms are built or fall on the point of a sword.

London

I'm excited about joining the group. I'm sending you a PM with a character for you to check.

Moraline

Quote from: London on June 25, 2013, 06:44:50 PM
I'm excited about joining the group. I'm sending you a PM with a character for you to check.
Glad to have you join us.

Moraline

Rumors

These are rumors that Beloso Magnifico picked up while treating the Lonely Swallow patrons to drinks and tales of his free trading adventures...

The island of Xapur is haunted by demons. If there's demons that means that someone is protecting something important.

The Temple of the Spider God Zath, is filled with more riches than a man can count.

King Yezdigerd’s sister has gone missing and the King would pay a hefty reward for her safe return no doubt.

The Red Brotherhood has found a treasure ship sunken off the Black Coast, but cannot get to it.

London

I'm excited to be part of this world. I hope we can get a couple more to join too.

Moraline

Glad to have you aboard.

Now we just need 1 or 2 more to round out the group.

I think the group has decided to go for the rumor:
"The Temple of the Spider God Zath, is filled with more riches than a man can count."