You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:19:56 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: How to find O-O for a member?  (Read 743 times)

Offline LivoniiTopic starter

How to find O-O for a member?
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:07:35 AM »
If I have a member's handle (name), what is the easiest way to get to that person's Ons and Off page? So far I have had little or no success just searching for the member's handle, and am reduced to (1) finding a post by the member and hoping that there's an O-O link at the bottom of the post, or (2) scrolling through the entire Lord or Lady section of O-O.

Could there be a link place on the member general info page? Or is there some simple solution I am overlooking? TIA.

Offline The Great Triangle

Re: How to find O-O for a member?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 05:13:57 AM »
Most members complete their ons and offs withing about 20 posts of joining, so going back through their post history to the begining often works.  Also, keep in mind that some users never create an ons and offs, which is quite a bit more probable if they don't link it in their signature.  PMing them asking about it is the fastest method to determine whether that is the case.

Offline GothicFires

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 06:45:50 AM »
Go to the proper OO section for lords or ladies. In the column title bar click on 'started by' it will arrange the threads alphabetically by poster name. Then all you have to do is look for the name of the poster.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 06:22:01 PM »
Thanks for the responses.

It's strange... Clicking on the title bar (tried that, actually, before posting) does nothing. Is there an issue with Firefox, perhaps.

Offline Xillen

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 10:40:59 PM »
Yes, the links work fine. Thanks.

Now for the surprise. Clicking on the column title works now. I'm thinking that maybe my browser was not checking the cache properly, and was not actually refreshing. Just a guess.

Anyway, I now am happy camper. Thanks again.