Getting text to wrap around pictures

Started by Inkidu, June 18, 2013, 09:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

At least that's what I think it is called. Everything I'm trying is simply putting the picture above the text and I want it to the left or the right of a body of text. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Got that sorted. Now I want a way to kind of space the text away from the image. Right now they're touching and it looks pretty bad. :\
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oreo

Hi Inkidu,

I am assuming you found the float right/left tags. To make a spce between the letters and picture you need to do this:

[*img padding=8] (without the asterisk). Be sure to leave a space between the 'img' and 'padding'. The number you choose for the padding will determine the distance of the letters from the picture.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

Quote from: Oreo on June 18, 2013, 10:01:23 AM
Hi Inkidu,

I am assuming you found the float right/left tags. To make a spce between the letters and picture you need to do this:

[*img padding=8] (without the asterisk). Be sure to leave a space between the 'img' and 'padding'. The number you choose for the padding will determine the distance of the letters from the picture.
Can I use padding if I already have a height modifier for the image?

[img height=xxx][/img]

To demonstrate.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oreo

Yes.

[float=right][img height=xxx padding=8][/img][/float]

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Inkidu

Quote from: Oreo on June 18, 2013, 10:11:47 AM
Yes.

[float=right][img height=xxx padding=8][/img][/float]
Thankies! *Gives Oreo a dozen brownies*

Oreo

Quote from: Inkidu on June 18, 2013, 10:13:25 AM
Thankies! *Gives Oreo a dozen brownies*
* Oreo runs off with the brownies

You're welcome.

The Dark Raven

I need to start saving tidbits like this....

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Oreo

Quote from: Daylily on June 18, 2013, 11:41:45 AM
I need to start saving tidbits like this....

Most can be found in the BBCode Tutorial. But, for codes that I use on a regular basis, I generally paste them at the top of my wordpad document for each RP.

Formless

Yeah ... I need to spend more time in that tut ...

Thanks Oreo ... Ummm , got milk? :P

Inkidu

I finished updating my Os and Os, which is why I started this thread. I think it's a pretty good example.

Oreo

Quote from: Inkidu on June 18, 2013, 12:28:17 PM
I finished updating my Os and Os, which is why I started this thread. I think it's a pretty good example.
*goes to look at the O/Os*

Quote from: Formless on June 18, 2013, 12:23:41 PM
Yeah ... I need to spend more time in that tut ...

Thanks Oreo ... Ummm , got milk? :P
>_>

EDIT: It looks great Inkidu!!

steelsmiter

Helpful tidbit: I uploaded an 800xsomething picture of Ashlynn Brooke and found that floatright/left doesn't work unless you either reduce the picture size with a width code or thumb code
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Oniya

800 width is going to take up a lot of screen.  That may be a limitation of the board software to
prevent
text
from
looking
this
around
the
picture.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

steelsmiter

Quote from: Oniya on June 18, 2013, 02:02:08 PM
800 width is going to take up a lot of screen.  That may be a limitation of the board software to
prevent
text
from
looking
this
around
the
picture.

Right but i found out that I could reduce it to 200-250 and make it work. I'd show ya but it's NSFW and I'd rather not post that here.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Oniya

I understood what you meant for the work-around  :-) .  I'm just thinking that the forum software might have something built into it as a maximum size that is allowed for the floats to work.  Something like 'if image width exceeds set value, then no float.'  Only in computer talk.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

steelsmiter

Quote from: Oniya on June 18, 2013, 02:10:40 PM
I understood what you meant for the work-around  :-) .  I'm just thinking that the forum software might have something built into it as a maximum size that is allowed for the floats to work.  Something like 'if image width exceeds set value, then no float.'  Only in computer talk.

Oh now you make me want to fiddle with it to test it, kind of the same way I play "what's the lowest level I can kill that guy without getting slaughtered". FFXII's Strat Guide said second Gilgamesh was level 72 and I killed him at 61. Of course I got the Zodiac Spear 8 levels earlier than the book suggested as well :D.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os