You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 27, 2016, 09:47:06 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: RP Bloopers and Out-takes  (Read 385 times)

Offline CygnusTopic starter

RP Bloopers and Out-takes
« on: June 28, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »
We've all seen them, we've all done them, most of us will even admit to them - that sneaky type-o, that phrase that sounded PEREFECT in your head until you saw it on the screen, that unintentional double meaning that turns a romantic or suggestive comment into an accidental joke...

Like that poor girl back in high school Spanish class who used the wrong verb when trying to convey her embarrassment over a mistake, and announced to the entire class that she was "very pregnant" instead...

While proof-reading a post last night, I discovered a slight omission in a line I had written that I found rather amusing, and figured it might be worthwhile to start a thread to share these gaffes with the rest of the community.

Hopefully, others will find the same humor as I did, and will add to this - after all, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? 

I guess I'll lead off with a couple of mine:

- in a post where my character was attempting to stand after suffering some serious injuries:

What I MEANT to write:
"Gritting his teeth, he pulled himself upright, grunting with the effort"

What I ACTUALLY wrote:
"Gritting his teeth, he pulled himself, grunting with the effort"

- and, proving that even the most suave, sophisticated, romantic-type characters can get tongue-tied on occasion:

(the female character/love interest):
   "You're powerful, rich, could have any woman you want."

What I MEANT to write:
   "But, I don't want just ANY woman - I only want you"   

And, what ACTUALLY appeared:
   "But, I don't want A woman - I want you."
      (and, yes, she DID take offense)