Kurosawa Chou (Born Kurosawa Shin)Played by:
Reddish Brown (Dyed)Height:
Chou is bubbly and positive even in the face of adverse situations. The mistreatment that she fought through during her youth made her appreciate friendship more than most. She is supportive of others and loyal to a fault. She is very open-minded, and she enjoys hearing the views and thoughts of others. Although she is one of the top students in her freshman class, she doesn't brag and rarely shows off her intellect. Chou is very talkative and never bashful.Background/History:
Chou was born as a male, and her parents raised her as such. At a young age, she realized that she didn't fit in. Her parents both died in a tragic car accident, leaving Chou (then Shin) in the hands of her godparents. It was a blessing in disguise because her godparents were much more accepting of her image and desire to be herself. As she aged, she began to identify as a girl. She dated boys, dressed in dresses, and enjoyed typical feminine hobbies. It was a struggle, but she practiced and changed until she began to fit in. When she was sixteen, her godparents consented and allowed her to begin taking hormones. She legally changed her name to Chou (due to her obsession with butterflies), and her closest friends began to accept her as a girl. She was always picked on, but her upbeat attitude made her appear strong in public. The insults did hurt, and she saw college as the chance to start fresh. She never thought of herself as a political activist, but she saw the others and couldn't help but feel the need to support them as well. She wants society to change and accept everybody.Additional Character Info:
- Chou is a pre-operation transgender. She has breast implants, and she went through hormone treatment.
- Although she identifies as female, she doesn't get mad at people who still call her a male.
- She loves eating almost any sort of food, but her favorite meal is sushi.
- She can speak Japanese, English, and Spanish.
- Even though she was far from popular, Chou managed to date both boys and girls during high school. She thinks that human interaction (and sexual interaction) is key to enjoying life.
- Her political views are still up in the air, although she identifies as a communist purely because of her desire for equality.
- Chou still has some tomboyish interests. She loves sports, and she has recently found an interest in guns and target shooting.