You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 06:00:30 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: So... MMPR  (Read 658 times)

Offline SinXAzgard21Topic starter

So... MMPR
« on: May 30, 2013, 12:28:33 AM »
So I finally got to watch the trailer for the fan made MMPR and it looks like they are actually going to get to do the first episode.  I like the dark take on it and hope that it is as awesome as the trailer makes it out to be.

Kickstarter Link

Offline IberiaSloane

• "Here's a rule I recommend: Never practice two vices at once.
  • Deverified
  • Seducer
  • Now a soft kiss - Aye, by that kiss, I vow an end
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: So... MMPR
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »
I do like the darker take of MMPR and am happy to see that the first episode will be done.  Here's to hoping that this will be decently done and won't come out looking well, iffy. I trust that they two guys know what they are doing and the fans/actors seem interested about it.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 02:02:32 AM »
I do like the darker take of MMPR and am happy to see that the first episode will be done.  Here's to hoping that this will be decently done and won't come out looking well, iffy. I trust that they two guys know what they are doing and the fans/actors seem interested about it.

My question happens to be who the fuck is playing Tommy.  If you look at the cast and crew on MMPRfilm.com, there is no actor there nor is he listed.  I am sad to say that if Frank doesn't do it, I'm not bothering with it.  No one else can play Tommy Oliver, I'm sorry.

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 07:54:01 AM »
Well, unlike most of the original cast, the guy who played Tommy is the one who doesn't regard it as an old shame. So unless he just doesn't like the grimdark reboot I don't see it beyond the realm of possibility for them to get him on board. :\

On the work itself: Eh... just feels really unnecessary to me. :\
Grimdark for grimdark's sake. Also, there are legal ramifications involved in this I think. At least Saban's got the franchise back so he might be cool with it, I don't know. 

Offline IberiaSloane

• "Here's a rule I recommend: Never practice two vices at once.
  • Deverified
  • Seducer
  • Now a soft kiss - Aye, by that kiss, I vow an end
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 08:22:57 PM »
My question happens to be who the fuck is playing Tommy.  If you look at the cast and crew on MMPRfilm.com, there is no actor there nor is he listed.  I am sad to say that if Frank doesn't do it, I'm not bothering with it.  No one else can play Tommy Oliver, I'm sorry.

I think if anything, if this is successful enough without him, that he can be brought in on it... because he's gonna want a hefty paycheck for this casting. What we're gonna see for now is possible someone who looks similar enough but we'll never get a full frontal image of his face.

I do want to see a darker power rangers, but that is something that would never fly for a kid's show. If they could find a way to make it animated however... they could get away with it
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:24:26 PM by IberiaSloane »

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 11:49:14 PM »
I think if anything, if this is successful enough without him, that he can be brought in on it... because he's gonna want a hefty paycheck for this casting. What we're gonna see for now is possible someone who looks similar enough but we'll never get a full frontal image of his face.

I do want to see a darker power rangers, but that is something that would never fly for a kid's show. If they could find a way to make it animated however... they could get away with it

Honestly, I don't think it would be that hefty.  To be fair of course he'd want to get paid.

This is actually aimed at the older fans. 

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 09:06:16 AM »
Finally, a Power Rangers topic.

Been wanting to post that somewhere.

Anyway....a new, fan-made MMPR? Sounds interesting. :3

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 11:59:37 AM »
Finally, a Power Rangers topic.

Been wanting to post that somewhere.

Anyway....a new, fan-made MMPR? Sounds interesting. :3

They are barely getting any money for this.  The returning rangers even had to pay their way to the set.

Offline ofDelusions

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 09:07:05 AM »
So whats next? Grimdark reboot of Winnie the Pooh? *sigh*

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 09:36:38 AM »
They are barely getting any money for this.  The returning rangers even had to pay their way to the set.

Wait...is the picture I posted actually related to this topic, aside from the Tangential relation through being about power rangers?

...@_@ I didn't expect that!

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 10:25:58 AM »
So whats next? Grimdark reboot of Winnie the Pooh? *sigh*
Ah! No! I can see it in my mind! D'X

Though I've always waited for a reboot of Reboot. :)

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 10:46:22 AM »
Wait...is the picture I posted actually related to this topic, aside from the Tangential relation through being about power rangers?

...@_@ I didn't expect that!

No, the pic you posted is related to the second season of Megaforce.

Offline Sabby

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 05:28:25 AM »
The first thing Saban did when he got the rights back was unleash the copyright dogs on Youtube and removed almost everything with a coloured leotard in it. I really doubt he has nothing to say about a Kickstarter using the names and likeness of his show.

And Wolfy, there's been a Power Rangers topic here forever :P you frequented it.

Edit after actually following the link:

HHHHHNG
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:37:37 AM by Sabby »

Offline Sabby

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 03:35:02 PM »
I've pledged my 50 bucks. I get early access and a DVD of the season with special features.

Some of the stuff they offer is just too much. I wish I had the funds to throw at something like this. I want that damn Z staff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DVUDgylnhro#!