Reviving an old story, ettiquette and rules question

Started by Oroboros, May 10, 2013, 05:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oroboros

Recently, I got in touch with an old story partner about the idea of picking up a story from a year back.  I was pleased to hear they were interested.  I went to write a post to resume the story and I received a warning about it being more than 120 days old and that I should consider writing a new thread unless I was sure. 

I wanted to see if there were any rules against this.  I know that some forums I've been on have frowned upon this, calling it 'Thread Necromancy', but others don't mind.  If it isn't a problem or bad form, I think I'd rather revive the old thread so it is available for back reference for myself and my RP partner.  That said, I did want to make sure that would be groovy.

Oreo

It's fine to continue your RP. Those notices are more for long dead socializing threads. If I freaked every time I saw one of those I would have to stop RPing completely. >.<

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oroboros