Demon Hunter’s Academy

Started by Jaded, May 07, 2013, 11:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silk

Hmm, well I've been doing a lot of support/healing style roles lately, so I might go for something a bit more direct, like someone who uses firearms or a close combat weapon instead of mystical bullshit just for a change of pace. :)

Roxy Rocket

I guess you won't be majoring in economics then.

*cackles madly as her man pretends to be hurt*

Ahh. Who needs a plus three mace when you've got Chainsaws and Rocket Launchers?

... huh, then again, magic pepper spray might be a good idea for Alchemy Boy...

Jefepato

Okay, I'm vaguely thinking of making a character who's some kind of sorcerer-in-training (possibly with an exorcism bent if that makes any sense in context, although I don't think the ward-type powers are in the core book).  Any guidelines on what kind of magical traditions a human looking to fight demons might be studying, or should I just pick some kind of theme and go with it?

I could do something support/healing-ish, maybe, although it can take a bit of creativity to make that sort of thing work in M&M.

Chloris

Is this bizarro world? Because everybody has some amount of support in mind apparently  ;D

Also, one question. As I mentionned, I'm planning to take a heavenly kind of character. And while I fully intend to make her mostly untrained in anything but instinctive flashy capabilities (having to grow and progress to channel her abilities more intensely) I have to wonder: would it be acceptable to take the Ritualist feat, but to have it depend on theology rather than arcane lore?
The Long Road: a Traveling adventure.
A Human / NC freeform roleplay following the path of a caravan.
Packing up for departure!

Jaded

Looks good Roxy, though university level english courses may fit better (not to say there couldn't be high school level, but the students would generally be older, though there is no telling how many dropped out of school ;) so if that was your intent, it is fine)

-=-=-

Someone focused on conventional weapons should be do-able Silk.  Maybe write up a character concept and I'll go about making you a character sheet (assuming you don't have the book).

Quote from: Jefepato on May 11, 2013, 06:10:29 PM
Okay, I'm vaguely thinking of making a character who's some kind of sorcerer-in-training (possibly with an exorcism bent if that makes any sense in context, although I don't think the ward-type powers are in the core book).  Any guidelines on what kind of magical traditions a human looking to fight demons might be studying, or should I just pick some kind of theme and go with it?

I could do something support/healing-ish, maybe, although it can take a bit of creativity to make that sort of thing work in M&M.

I'd just pick a theme and go with it.  I'm thinking that it is fairly wide open in this setting, with different people studying a wide variety of magical forms. 

Quote from: Chloris on May 11, 2013, 06:13:37 PM
Is this bizarro world? Because everybody has some amount of support in mind apparently  ;D

Also, one question. As I mentionned, I'm planning to take a heavenly kind of character. And while I fully intend to make her mostly untrained in anything but instinctive flashy capabilities (having to grow and progress to channel her abilities more intensely) I have to wonder: would it be acceptable to take the Ritualist feat, but to have it depend on theology rather than arcane lore?

I'm fine with you swapping theology and arcane lore for the ritualist feat. :)

Chloris

Alright, thanks for the authorization then. Here goes the sheet! I don't know just how viable it all is, but, let's consider it a first draft if necessary. :-)

Name: Izabel Calisthene
Role: Student
Appearance: Izabel has a fairly dark skin, without any blemishes, due to living most of her life so far in Brazil. Her hair are originally platinum blonde, but she took a habit of coloring them black, to fit in more. They are elegantly wavy, rather than more sharply curly. She sports a, lithe build, her physique not exactly impressive. She isn't really tall, 1m56 or 5'1" aproximately. Her eyes are dark blue, though according to some official documents, they were recorded as brown once. An air of serene grace almost always accompanies her, as if she gently floated above what was happening around her, yet in spite of it she tends to have good awareness. Izabel tends to dress in light colors. Her wardrobe is rather diverse, but due to the change of climate between her home and the academy, a lot of it is useless besides in summer.
History: Izabel was sent from heavens down to earth 19 years ago, as a baby, with a dormant seed of godly power. She was found in Brazil, and eventually adopted by a rich family there living in these high security estates. She had a peaceful life, ignoring her strange nature. She read quite a bit, studied hard, and eventually aimed to start out studying medicine. However, as she came of age, the dormant seed woke up ever so slightly, which provoked interesting, instinctive effects, like the occasional levitation or water-walking, which got her quickly noticed by the Demon Hunter's Academy.  Getting into the academy, was her very purpose actually, even through she didn't know it herself. Through the reading of fate, heavens knew the conflict between them and hell would heat up, and sent Izabel down not as a warrior, but as a judge, to see if the academy is worthy of raising those who fight demons. Which is probably why the girl can be occasionally somewhat inquisitive, and has such a fondness for detective stories.
(That makes her origin Endowment, though I did not find where to put it. So, here's fine!)

ABILITIES
STR: 10 (+0) = 10 + 0
DEX: 10 (+0) = 10 + 0
CON: 20 (+5) = 20 + 0
INT: 16 (+3) = 16 + 0
WIS: 20 (+5) = 20 + 0
CHA: 14 (+2) = 14 + 0

TGN: 5 = 0 + 5 + 0
FRT: 5 = 0 + 5 + 0
REF: 0 = 0 + 0 + 0
WIL: 5 = 0 + 5 + 0

COMBAT
Defence: 3 = 3+0+0 [2]
Initiative: 0 = 0 + 0 + 0
Hero Points: 3

ATTACKS
Attack Bonus: 1
Ranged Bonus: 1
Melee Bonus: 1

FEATS
Assessment
Equipment (five points)
Favored opponent: demons (rank 2)
Leadership
Luck (rank 2)
Ritualist (using Theology instead of Arcane Lore)
Skill mastery (Medecine, Notice, Search and Sense motive)

POWERS/DEVICES
All powers have the "divine" and "good" descriptor.

Comprehend Languages: speak, comprehend and read (Rank 3) (Descriptor: Language, knowledge)
Fatigue: Light of peace (Rank 3: 6) (alternate save: will) (descriptor: Light, peace)
   Alternate powers:
      Dazzle visual: beam of light (rank 2) (Descriptor: Light)
      +Light control (rank 1) (Descripror: Light)
Flight (limited: levitation) (Rank 1)
Luck control: share luck with others (Rank 1) (Descriptor: Blessing, luck)
Regeneration: Resurrection. Not working if not given proper funerary rites (rank 1) (Descriptors: life, death, heaven)
Super-movement: Water walking (Rank 1: 2)

EQUIPMENT
Cell phone 1
Laptop 1
Binoculars 1
Concealable microphone 1
Parabolic microphone 1

DRAWBACKS & COMPLICATIONS
None

SKILLS
Concentration 4
Diplomacy 2
Intimidate 2
Knowledge Theology 4
Knowledge history 2
Knowledge arts 2
Languages 0 (portugese native)
Medecine 2
Notice 4
Perform keyboards 2
Search 4
Sense motive 4

Roxy Rocket

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: Jaded on May 11, 2013, 07:11:03 PM
Looks good Roxy, though university level english courses may fit better (not to say there couldn't be high school level, but the students would generally be older, though there is no telling how many dropped out of school ;) so if that was your intent, it is fine)

No problem with college grade only.

I assumed it was more like the x-men thing, where it's a kind of shelter/recruitment program for those that have encountered the supernatural or are stuck with it, from which operatives or members of a larger, more structured organization are drawn.

Mwahahaha. I should invent a TA fer meself.

Okay, short and long, I think I'm out of this one.

Good luck friends and neighbors.

Thorn14

Oh dear. Maybe we should switch to freeform and hope that gets more interest?

Jaded

I like it Chloris :)  Though haven't had a chance to go over it in detail. 

Quote from: Thorn14 on May 12, 2013, 09:31:45 PM
Oh dear. Maybe we should switch to freeform and hope that gets more interest?

Maybe, my main reason for doing a system was in the event of a conflict between two player characters.  Anyone else have an opinion for or against going freeform?

Thorn14

The problem is M&M is a bit complicated for folk.

I'd be okay with freeform. Most people are good about it I think. And people can always use a system if they want later.

If you do reboot to freeform, should we make a new thread?

Jefepato

I wouldn't have any interest in doing it freeform, but I was being kinda slow to develop a concept anyway, and you'll probably gain a lot more players than you'll lose by making the switch.

So, uh, good luck with the game.

Chloris

So, shall we proceed to the games' funerary rites?

Jaded

It does seem like it won't get off the ground as a system game due to lack of interest.  I may try and repitch the idea as a freeform one though. 

Thorn14

ShadowFox89

I would be interested in a freeform game ^^'

I'm looking for a home to use this character pic: http://oi44.tinypic.com/egqupu.jpg
Call me Shadow
My A/A