Zyurangers/Power Rangers Reboot: looking for F (small group rpg)

Started by Darthvegeta800, April 29, 2013, 07:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darthvegeta800

BlackestKnight

Darthvegeta800

Yep. Done! :)
Been talking about the rp with Sapphiresun. She switched up one of her first choices.
If there are volunteers to pick up some other 'recurring' bad guys feel free to let me know.

I was considering making the Rangers a bit older. Late teens to early twenties on average.

Effeari

Oh, oh, oh. Can I slide in on the Blue Ranger? My sense of nostalgia is going haywire!
"Noli me tangere for Caesar's I am"

*Not back; just distracting myself*

Ideas O/OsCurrent RoleplaysA&A

Darthvegeta800

Done and done.
Remember they're not the original Rangers 'an sich'. So if you want the Blue Ranger can even be female. He or she may be another techie but he might just as well be a sport fanatic. Your call. :)

Effeari

Awesome. Which gender are you more in need of? I'm content playing either or :)

Darthvegeta800

F is fine. As we already have 3 male ones. Granted Green Ranger is first on the other side of the fence but hey... more girlpower to the Rangers i guess.
:)

Effeari

Awesome, was originally planning male but in the interest of keeping things even I'll err on the side of F.

Actually, if it's all the same I think I'd enjoy playing male more for this one. If that's not okay then cool, but I'd find it much more interesting. :)

Marie Reynolds

Hmm, I would be interested in playing a Support Ranger, I am thinking of a Ranger that is not necessarily very combat focused but a Power Ranger based on being able to be deployed when in the field repairs must happen for the Zords. Also was thinking she had an active power outside of being all suited up as a power ranger and it would work similarly to how Kaylee from Firefly can understand the ship.

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on April 30, 2013, 09:54:15 PM
Hmm, I would be interested in playing a Support Ranger, I am thinking of a Ranger that is not necessarily very combat focused but a Power Ranger based on being able to be deployed when in the field repairs must happen for the Zords. Also was thinking she had an active power outside of being all suited up as a power ranger and it would work similarly to how Kaylee from Firefly can understand the ship.

Well the 'trainer character' is going to unlock 'a unique power' for each char so that's possible.

Marie Reynolds

Cool, so write her up as a Mechanic that is not aware of her gifts yet is what I am getting from what you said?

Effeari

So when do you want CS's and stuff? Seeing as we seem to have a pretty full cast already :)

Darthvegeta800

Do you guys still want to discuss some story or setup subtopics?
If not I could make the opening post, a bio thread and an opening post thread.
Also... in which section do you all want me to put the rpg?

Darthvegeta800

An addendum. I'm in discussion with Sapphire about preparing some stuff.
She'll be helping bio checking and stuff.
We'll also prepare some basic rules. Mostly to avoid the inevitable problem of people dissapearing out of the blue or announced.

If people leave permanently or dissapear for a few weeks on a row without letting it be known we'll probably 'write out' the character offscreen and npc-fy the powerset until it is claimed. People taking a lengthy leave can either opt to return in an epic fashion or we just try to write around their absence.
People who really quit can in theory return with their own character but they may no longer have their specifc powerset and totem animal available.
This does seem a solution in tune with the genre.

Effeari

SapphireStar

Possible starting points for how to start off have been discussed.

Do we want to start off with the Rangers all in one location when they are chosen and teleported to the Command Center? Have most of the fighting be centered in that same city?

Do we want to have them be chosen from around the world, teleported to the command center when they are chosen? When they are given their powers, they are sent off to train with Dulcea in how to use their powers then return. They then part, fighting evil from the places they are from only coming together when summoned to the Command Center?

Effeari

It'll probably be easier for flow if they're all from the same city at least. Otherwise there would be rather irksome complications with time zones, plus they wouldn't really have much chance for social/dialogue outside of fighting.

Marie Reynolds

Darthvegeta800

To me it doesn't make much difference plotwise. But if you guys want to change it up in this regard i'm open to suggestions. Other cities are certainly a possibility.

Marie Reynolds

Nope, I am Cool with it being Angel Grove just wanted to know where she would be utilizing her Mechanical expertise.

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on May 04, 2013, 05:25:24 AM
Nope, I am Cool with it being Angel Grove just wanted to know where she would be utilizing her Mechanical expertise.

I'm inclined to put the age of the cast on average 18-24.
This way:
1) Characters already have some education that may help them.
2) It avoids awkwardness regarding the adult content of the forum and presumably the rp
3) It always was a bit too odd having teenagers looking like adults up and about.

Yukina

My character will probably be a deconstruction of what happens when you put untrained bookworm in high stakes tokusatsu world. She will probably get into massive trouble..a lot..

Effeari

I'm going to keep Blue in the category of nerd. He's gonna be the science-y genius type. Haven't quite decided whether he'll be the arrogant socially inept side of it (aka Sheldon Cooper), or the awkward loser-y Peter Parker type. Guess we shall see.

SapphireStar

What category is everyone comfortable with? Bondage or NC?