You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 08:07:21 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Players for small level 3.5 DnD game  (Read 1529 times)

Online Zaer DarkwailTopic starter

Players for small level 3.5 DnD game
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:25:49 AM »
Searching for players for game of mine what running, have 2-3 players in the game and would not mind onr or two more. Ask details in OOC thread where I give link;

http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=787.0

Offline Majere Dreavan

Re: Players for small level 3.5 DnD game
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:41:54 AM »
Hey im interested but i cant follow links on my phone.. What section are we talking?

Offline chronosmaker

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
I would if it wasn't for the fact that I have very little experience...so...unless you can tolerate that, probably no.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 03:12:07 PM »
Hey im interested but i cant follow links on my phone.. What section are we talking?

Game is DnD: Shadows and Shades, it is in Play-by-post: Non-con Human > Human: System Big Games.

Well, I have guided alot folks but I prefer applicants have somewhat basic DnD lore available so char creation is easier and dont need tell every detail of things.

Offline chronosmaker

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 03:16:09 PM »
I have the books, I just never got play time in due to distance and availability. So I've read them over all the time, but to actually start learning I'd say I'd need to play. I can't learn every easily just from reading.

Plus I'm getting more books every chance I get so I'll have options open. I very much like DnD, I, again, just never got a chance to actually play more than like one session, let alone any combat. As well as never having done it on a forum before...

Those are my problems. I have the books, so no problem on that part.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 03:26:17 PM »
Ah, that case your welcome to join and I am honored if you join and experience real DnD forum session :). Post by post games are slow in rythm but it gives more time to RP in situations if your good writer. Feel free ask advices or suggested ideas for concept sif you dont have already idea of your own. Or aks how accomplish certain concept around novel char (not my faovurite method create char, I tend mix some of myself, 2-3 novel chars traits when making my own chars).

Offline chronosmaker

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 03:33:20 PM »
Well I can write well I'd like to think. I've been RPing and writing since I could even think really. I simply need some help starting off. Perhaps PMs so as not to bog down this page? Or messenger should you have one.

Offline Xillen

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »
Chronos> If you'd hop in the chat or contact me over IM, I'd be willing to help you make a character.

Offline chronosmaker

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 03:52:14 PM »
Sweet. IM is good for me. Prepare for messaging, heh.

Offline Far eyes

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 04:48:18 PM »
Do you still need players?

Offline Xillen

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 05:18:54 PM »
Think so. Only RubySlippers and I are currently active, though there's the possibility of Ace returning, and Chronos is currently making his character.

Well, need is a big word, though. :P

Offline Far eyes

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 08:28:18 PM »
Oh and I happen to have a big sword  ;D

Offline kongming

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 06:23:28 AM »
*ponders* I might be convinced to join. I had some low-level concepts lying around. Just need to have a look at the setting and see what's appropriate for the group.

Offline Xillen

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 06:31:27 AM »
I'm playing a Rogue (Dualwield).
RubySlippers plays a Cleric/Bard.
Ace, if he's still game, is playing a Fighter (Archer).
Chronos is rolling a Telepath.

Offline kongming

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 06:51:24 AM »
Thanks. And it's set in Faerun, so I should keep that in mind when submitting an idea to Zaer, too. Hmm, plenty of options available.

Offline Majere Dreavan

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 07:59:48 AM »
can i use my level three human cowardly rogue?

Offline Xillen

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 08:01:01 AM »
You'd have to adjust it to the campaign, meaning it's level 4, and uses 32 point buy for ability scores, etc...

Also, I'm not sure how many people Zaer wants in his group exactly.

Offline Far eyes

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 09:52:15 AM »
Well I will wait until he can respond to make shore, but I am personally thinking either a Sword Sage or a War Blade since it appears to be what your group is lacking.

If its not a dungeons kind of game I might go with a Crusader (Knight) sort of an uidea but he really sort of sucks in dungeons

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 10:38:44 AM »
I dont plan focus alot todungeons but there WILL be dungeon encounters. Also Crusader si excelent even in dungeons because he provides group healing and is resilient to nails (so excelent tank). Anycase I wanted 2-3 people max added to the group. It seems our elf warrior may have disappeared out of the picture.

Offline Far eyes

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2008, 10:54:39 AM »
I will write up some background and things and send it to you as soon as I can, yes he basically fills the roll of the tank its just that he is also more Knightly see Mount and some mounted feats :)

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 11:01:41 AM »
Dont tell me your making a Cormyrian purple knigth candidate :P.

Offline Far eyes

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 11:03:39 AM »
And Multiclass my beautiful Crusader, nooo

Offline Xillen

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 08:40:36 AM »
So, what's up? :)

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »
Game is going and kongming have made her char but ming havent posted anything in tavern thread and two others have resided to sleep in their rooms already :P.

Offline Idej

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 09:51:52 AM »
I am a hardened DnD vet.  I have several of the books including the Completes.  So if I am allowed to join in, I can get a character up, as long as I know the rules for character creation(what level, ability score set up, etc., etc.)