The Apocalypse has come - literally. The infamous super-villain awakened nearly a decade ago and has been silently waiting for his moment to strike, building an army strong enough to take control of the entire earth. Apocalypse has always sought for survival of the fittest in his past 'awakenings' but with all the modern mutants and super-humans the world has finally become ripe for the picking and ready to begin a new era. Earth had previously been primitive, isolated, and weak in comparison to other civilizations in and outside of the galaxy... Now it is ready. It finally has the technology to stand toe to toe with the advanced races and people beyond it's tiny realm - and it has taken a giant step in the evolutionary process with all the new mutants popping up almost faster than one can count.
Apocalypse hit fast and hard - taking out all of the major human, mutant, and alien strongholds on the planet. Every center of power and communication was hit first and without warning. Major cities around the world lay crumbling and near-demolished. Supposed 'safe-havens' for mutants and other superhuman groups have been completely annihilated. Many leaders have fallen, and the world is scattered, divided, and feels powerless against this unstoppable force. The ancient mutant Apocalypse has developed a potent super-serum that kills any human who does not survive it's injection. Those who do survive it become changed with mutations of their own. Only the strong survive and Apocalypse is merciless. The serum, called "Judgement" is being administered on every single human POW - with the survivors being incorporated into Apocalypse's rapidly multiplying army.
But there are those who would stand against the violent tyrant; against the oppression of force and fear by using their powers to fight back. They are scattered and in hiding, and seeking a leader to rise up from among them. To unite them against this fearsome foe that the world seems powerless to resist. Apocalypse has been waiting ages for this final hour - and he will not back down. He will not fade back into the shadows as he has done in the past. He will fight tirelessly to his doom or everyone else's - and even in his own death his goal will be complete - survival of the strong. He will lead Earth and it's people into a new realm of existence - or his death and defeat will push them above him to even greater glory.
Who will determine the fate of the Earth? Apocalypse? Or those that defend it against him? After his first brutal assault that has left the world nearly in ashes, who is left standing to resist him? Who has survived with the power and ability to stand against this primitive monster of future legend and his famed Four Horsemen?
as Iron Man, Colossus
and Invisible Woman (GM - Narration for New York and East Coast Thread)
as Abigail Brand
and Crimson Dynamo (GM - Narration for Moscow and Europe Thread)
as Dr. Doom, Thor
, and Streak (GM - Narration for LA and West Coast Thread)
- Madmartigan as Loki
and Carnage - (Death)
- Demi as She-Hulk
- loislanekent as Black Widow
and Emma Frost
- TheVillain as Nightcrawler
- Apygoos as Spider Man
- Phaia as Domino
and Raven Queen
- Sasquatch421 as Myth
- Bludmagnus as Wolverine
- Imogen as Rogue
- Ramael as Spring-Heeled Jack
- Cal1496 as Cyclops
- SweetSerenade as Retribution
- Lord Ming as Captain America
- Vaulera as Blade (GM-approved absence)
- Kokaine as Elsa Bloodstone (GM-approved absence)
- LiliPep as Jane Foster (GM-approved absence)
Teranis as Blink
Photo as Mirage
RedPhoenix as Xavin
RedEve as Black Cat
kckolbe as Banshee
Caitlin as Snow Angel
Vergil1989 as Teletrix
Jean Grey/Phoenix, Professor Xavier, War Machine, Nick Fury, Namor
- Please see the Recruitment Thread if you are interested in joining!
, Transgender Main Villain
, Sub Villain
, (Status Update)
This will be a free-form RP where combat is discussed between players and GMs via PM with the standard restrictions of no god-moding, killing off other player's characters, or significantly affecting another player's character without their consent
, etc. Story and plot is the main goal here and everything will revolve around it. (The best RPs have a good story and characters with depth to drive it, the combat and interaction is a by-product of those two main focuses.)
That is the general gist of it, and the details of the plot will be built as players choose characters to play. Original characters WILL be accepted so long as they are not a close copycat of some pre-created hero/villain and with the requirement that they are tied to Apocalypse's new super-serum program he is using to both evolve and conquer the world. Original characters will be survivors of "Judgment" but have managed to escape and join the Resistance against Apocalypse.
Canon character's that have multiple versions will need to be discussed with the GM's as to which version will be used and their power's/limitations. An important thing to note is that since players may
and may OFTEN
be engaging each other in combat - try to avoid the high-tier combat characters with ridiculous power (like Galactus and others of that nature). Jean Grey/Phoenix is not an available character; neither is Professor Xavier (or pretty much any telepath). As of now all players will be neutral with an eventual movement towards being a part of the resistance against Apocalypse.
So for now there can be plenty of in-fighting as characters battle with each other for influence and over why they should or shouldn't stand up against Apocalypse - as he welcomes in all current mutants that survive "The Trial". 'The Trial' is a battle to the death with one of his current or newly acquired superhumans - which will more than likely be some famous Marvel Villain. Characters may only permanently join Apocalypse side with GM approval - as such a thing would have a huge impact on the plot.
- This is a freeform based group game, and a collaborative story.
- This game is a "Light" category game, so BDSM and NC posters should look elsewhere.
- Minimum limit of one post per week, anything less requires GM approval.
- Maximum limit does not exist on posts - so long as you aren't pushing the story past fellow players (GM discretion)
- Communication with other players concerning IC interactions, and posts that effect others.
- Communication with GMs on plot-changing events, or anything that breaks/alters the current theme/state of game.
- Choosing characters is a first-come first-serve basis.
- Players can play both Canon and Original Characters.
- Players can play as protagonists regardless of traditional hero/villain choice.
- Unless GM approved, all characters are part of the Resistance (PM LunarSage, Neysha and MaiMizzu if interested in playing antagonists)
- Maximum characters per person is currently set at three - one of which MUST be an OC (Judgement Survivor)
- Your character's starting thread location will be chosen for you (PM LunarSage, Neysha and MaiMizzu to find out what location to plan for)
- You are not required to read every post in every thread, but it is advised to try to keep up with the larger plot.
- At the minimum you must at least bookmark the other threads and check post tags for your character.
- If you are tagging someone from another thread for interaction, PM them first as courtesy.
- This is a Marvel Universe game, and elements of the story will draw from that universe alone.
- This is also an 'Alternative Universe' game, meaning canon character's background and history is subject to change.
- Some of the extremely powerful Canon Characters might also be subject to power/training/equipment modifications.
- The world is in a state of post-apocalyptic destruction, so keep that in mind when posting.
- Unless approved by a GM, all long-distance communication (not related to special powers) is prohibited.
- Unless approved by a GM, all major resources and power/communication/military facilities are villain controlled.
- Being a part of this game does NOT require an in-depth knowledge of the comic universe.
- Post length is flexible, but try to maintain the flow of the story and give your fellow players enough meat to work with.
- If your character is part of an interaction, other players must have a chance to respond (7 days from their last post).
- All standard courtesies apply.
- If you know you're going to be away or posting less than normal for whatever reason, communicate it with the GMs.
- Also PM LunarSage, Neysha and MaiMizzu if you have ANY questions about enemy NPC's, Judgement, Trial, The Vision, or The Resistance.
- Many of these questions have already been addressed via GM Updates - which can be found within the Main Directory
- Bookmarking all IC Threads and the Main Directory is MANDATORY.
Here's the Character bio template code! PM to LunarSage, Neysha and MaiMizzu!
[floatleft][img height=212 padding=5] -SQUARE AVATAR URL GOES HERE (approx 200x200)- [/img][/floatleft]
[font=georgia][size=20pt][color=orange] [b]Character's primary codename here (like IRON MAN)[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=andale mono][size=14pt][b]Real Name:[/b] Your character's real name here.
[b]Known Aliases:[/b] This is where your character's additional codenames are listed.
[b]Role:[/b] Scout, Leader, Brawler, etc whatever word or phrase you think describes your combat or group role.[/size][/font]
[justify][font=andale mono][size=12pt][b]Powers and Abilities:[/b]
This is part where you describe specific superhuman powers or skills that your character has been gifted with. Try not to include anything that can be put into the training or equipment category below.
[b]Training and Equipment:[/b]
This is where you will include anything your character has learned or utilized that is not related to superhuman powers or abilities. It could be schooling, professional training in combat, weapons, etc. Also any equipment your character utilizes that sets you apart from a regular person or enables you to perform superhuman feats.
[b]Background and History:[/b]
We don't need your full character's history as some of these canon characters have quite a lengthy bio. Just include information that you believe is important to this current plot and theme. Include any events to feel my affect the way your character is acting and behaving in this story, and the most crucial events from their distant past that really makes them who they are. Brief origin backgrounds are welcome here as well.
[floatright][img height=350 padding=10] -SPLASH ART URL GOES HERE- [/img][/floatright][font=andale mono][size=12pt][b]Faults and Weaknesses:[/b]
Here you can list what mental, physical, and emotional flaws your character has, as well as any weaknesses related to their powers.
[b]Current Relations and Activity:[/b]
Type about who your character has interacted with prior to Apocalypse awakening and what individuals, groups, and organizations they were or are currently associated with. Also discuss any recent activity that has gone on with them since Apocalypse first assault a few days ago.[/size][/font][/justify]
Be sure to complete all areas and include both your main picture and splash art!
- MAY THE RESISTANCE BEGIN! -