You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 12:22:54 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Explosions Rock the Boston Marathon  (Read 6052 times)

Offline ShadowFox89Topic starter

Explosions Rock the Boston Marathon
« on: April 15, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
 As of this posting, at least 2 dead and 23 people injured.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/15/17764747-explosions-rock-finish-of-boston-marathon-2-killed-and-at-least-23-hurt-police-say?lite

I.. I don't know what else to say right now. Is this an accident? Domestic terrorism? State sponsored by a foreign power?

Offline Callie Del Noire

Re: Explosions Rock the Boston Marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:18:21 PM »
Been watching the news on and off..

I'm split on what it could be. I do think that the Media needs to back off and wait. Report what the authorities say.. but damn.. give them space to work and save lives.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 03:23:17 PM »
They've confirmed it was bombs, and they disarmed a third.

Offline Hyena Dandy

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 03:26:04 PM »
Glad the third was disarmed. My dad works in boston, and a few of my friends are there at the moment for the marathon, so... I'm waiting to hear from people.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:45:58 PM »
There are reports of band width for cell phone communication being overloaded so that kind of communication may be delayed.

Offline Ali Z

• Creature of De Niiight! Bleh! ',..,'
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • One dramatic mother $*&@!#. :P
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 04:00:28 PM »
According to what I've read so far, there were 4 explosive devices in total. Two more were found and disarmed, one via controlled detonation.

I really hope they can track down a suspect quickly. :(

EDIT: ABC dot com just reported a 3rd explosion at a Library.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/explosions-boston-marathon-finish-line-18960342#.UWxqs8qmxeI
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:02:45 PM by Ali Z »

Offline Sex Bobomb

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »
Share this folks. If you are looking for someone at the Marathon and can't get through on the phone, try these links.

http://raceday.baa.org/individual.html

http://google.org/personfinder/2013-boston-explosions

Hotline for those searching for loved ones at the #BostonMarathon: (617) 635-4500 announced by Police Commisioner Davis
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:26:16 PM by Sex Bobomb »

Offline Sarena

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
Another explosion at the JFK library, it happened about the same time as the explosions at the Boston Marathon.  They aren't sure if it was an unfortunate coincidence or if the two are located.  Praying for the city of Boston and all of the injured, dead and their families.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 04:38:46 PM »
Another explosion at the JFK library, it happened about the same time as the explosions at the Boston Marathon.  They aren't sure if it was an unfortunate coincidence or if the two are located.  Praying for the city of Boston and all of the injured, dead and their families.

They are saying it was just a fire. .something that most likely ISN'T related

Offline BraveEarth

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 04:48:55 PM »
I'm kind of mad at all of this but sadly not really surprised.

Offline Ali Z

• Creature of De Niiight! Bleh! ',..,'
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • One dramatic mother $*&@!#. :P
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 04:57:31 PM »
The comments underneath most of the news coverage articles are even more disappointing. People don't even regard the seriousness of the situation, and are making utterly stupid comments about how it's North Korea's fault, or a plot by the government. It's appalling.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 05:21:55 PM »
Everyone in the country is going to overreact again lets put this in perspective we have over 300 million citizens and the impact in lost lives currently is under five and around fifty more were wounded. Its a blip on the screen and our security forces found at least one bomb and disarmed it. Its just not a big deal really but the bomb search was clearly not good before the event they had gaps.

That said I never sweat the things I have no control over things just happen some good and some bad in the world I suspect its domestic terrorism its Patriot's Day and Tax Day so it would be reasonable to assume.

Offline Usani

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 05:57:32 PM »
Regardless of what the reason or cause for what happened today I still hope that they fin whoever did this and my prayers and thoughts are with everyone in Boston.  Doesn't matter why it happened, just the simple fact that people were hurt today physcially and emotionally because of some idiot is very sad.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 06:00:08 PM »
Everyone in the country is going to overreact again lets put this in perspective we have over 300 million citizens and the impact in lost lives currently is under five and around fifty more were wounded. Its a blip on the screen and our security forces found at least one bomb and disarmed it. Its just not a big deal really but the bomb search was clearly not good before the event they had gaps.

That said I never sweat the things I have no control over things just happen some good and some bad in the world I suspect its domestic terrorism its Patriot's Day and Tax Day so it would be reasonable to assume.

I think it will be another round of Fear as a way to win votes.. sigh..

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 06:02:39 PM »
I'm going to kind of hold off on any reaction until the casualties are healed.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 06:12:08 PM »
The big thing.. a LOT of Americans don't have a  lot of experience dealing with Terrorism.. aside from things like Pearl Harbor..we've never had a lot. A LOT of events in our past could qualify as it. how many lynchings, church burnings, and such in the past could qualify? Many..

It's been only in the last few years that terms like 'Terror crime' and 'Hate crime' come into play. The media isn't adverse to using them to hype ratings and their position in the market share.

I'd hold off till I find out who did this..and why. Odds are it is a terror act.. but who did it? I don't see a lot of domestic groups doing things like this.. Militia style groups..no federal ties beyond the date.. White Power groups? I don't see a link.. ditto most Eco groups..

Foreign terror..lots of groups.

We shall have to see though.

And try very hard to not be ruled by fear.

Offline Cyrano Johnson

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • "Do what thou wilt" shall be the whole of the law.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 06:23:30 PM »
Don't underestimate America's supremacist domestic terror groups. That they haven't managed to match 9/11 yet has not been for lack of trying, especially since Obama came to power.

It's hard to see how the Boston Marathon ties into anyone's agenda, really. But it could just as easily be someone with a sickness whose logic doesn't line up with any of the usual "terrorism" suspects.

Offline Moraline

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 06:23:39 PM »
My heart goes out to the people affected by this terrible act.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 06:29:58 PM »
Don't underestimate America's supremacist domestic terror groups. That they haven't managed to match 9/11 yet has not been for lack of trying, especially since Obama came to power.

It's hard to see how the Boston Marathon ties into anyone's agenda, really. But it could just as easily be someone with a sickness whose logic doesn't line up with any of the usual "terrorism" suspects.

I don't.. but you have to put a message out there. I don't see this working for anyone.

Offline BraveEarth

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 06:36:56 PM »
I think it will be another round of Fear as a way to win votes.. sigh..

This is the main reason I am mad as I can see the wheels turning for this so steadily.

Offline AllieCat

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 06:40:37 PM »
This is what we know here in Boston. (I have a family member who works at the Prudential building in Boston and a friend of the family who works two blocks away, thankfully neither were working there today.

A) 2 dead, nearly 100 injured (8 year old one of the dead)'
B) Area is still under lockdown
C) They are looking for a man spotted on surveillance carrying multiple backpacks and apparently placing one of them in a garbage can near the explosion site
D) A saudi national is being questioned by FBI after being spotted being suspicious and running from the explosion. FBI is saying saudi has been cooperative and is denying any link
E) about a 20 block or so area in Boston is still locked down as they try to find more devices (four so far, two exploded, one in a hotel near Copley Square, one in an unknown location)

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 07:04:48 PM »
2 dead (not identified)
80 wounded - many critically
A 2, 3 and 9 year old are among the casualties
They need prayers.

Offline Kuje

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 07:09:22 PM »
CNN is reporting that doctors are pulling ball bearings out of people that were injured. So they were added to make shrapnel.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/boston-marathon-explosions/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

Offline alxnjsh

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »

Online Blythe

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »
Hospitals reported at least 129 injured.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57579671/two-explosions-rock-boston-marathon-dozens-injured/

For those who need to see where the explosions took place on a map:

I'm unsure if the JFK Library is or is not involved with the marathon explosions--it was a fire, not an explosion, and it's further away from the marathon sites. Does anyone have access to any sources about that fire?