Free Love in the British Empire (All Welcome - Recruiting)

Started by Montagne, April 12, 2013, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayovagn

Name: Simon Monty Stephen Travlaglia
Played by: mayovagn
Nationality: British
Eyes: Dark Blue
Hair: Short back and sides, dark brown
Height: 6'3"
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Likes/Turn ons: Straightforward honesty. Insightful sharp minds. A willingness to learn and grow and explore. Obedience. A good sense of fun and humour.

Dislikes/Turn offs: Offs same as May with the caveat that Simon does not suffer fools gladly and will be very happy to take time out of his day to ridicule them using bathos, pathos, sarcasm, puns and all manner of other barbs.

Role/Archetype: Old money

Personality: Educated, self assured, confident, up front, Simon can be your closest staunchest friend or the meanest fiend around, depending on how much likes you, his current mood and the phases of the moon. He is shrewd, careful and meticulous, logical and cunning. He usually has a plan of action, yet is not inflexible. He can be the consummate gentleman one moment and the most base cur the next. A man of infinite jest and wisdom and the most ignorant savage as according to his whim.

Background/History: Third son of a third son Simon was never meant to inherit title and manse. He knew this from a young age. His family, however vast, was so very well funded as to be proud to supply all of its branches, no matter how remote, with more than they could ever need. Simon himself grew up somewhat wild as a ward of the Duke of Norfolk, who also held the title of the Earl of Arundel. The estate at Arundel was large and allowed Simon to run free with his various friends, cousins and other extended family roughly his age. Despite his lack of real authority growing up Simon always was a capable student, learning well from his masters both at home and in school. He went on to oxford where he attained a double first in several subjects.

There followed a brief stint as an explorer, seeing the jungles of South and Central America before returning to England having caught some kind of strange wasting disease which he took just over a year to recover from. During this recuperation he discovered books and has since picked up a real passion for both the reading and writing of the English language.

Another of his passions, one that has landed him in trouble time and again over the years since he was caught in the greenhouses on top of his cousin Sissy, is of course sex. He has been a patron of the Castello for around six months now and greatly looks forward to months he can spend there simply exploring his interests and learning more of his own limits.

Additional Character Info: Simon has recently been in morning for a great aunt, which had been known on occasion to put him in a dark and foul mood. He has recently arrived back from a trip to Toronto where he made several long term investments.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

mayovagn

Not many folks use the same avatars as me. Of course a lot of mine are obscure, silly, strange, twisted or just flat out bizarre.

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

AmberStarfire

I feel like trying my hand at creating a guy now too.

I'm considering ideas but keep returning to thoughts of some elvish ranger and sidhe types I've played. Long blonde hair, nice physique.. I could sit here staring at my own characters all day sometimes. Now just need a backstory!!

mayovagn

But if you create a new guy, then I have to create a new girl to seduce him, then you have to create a new...

AmberStarfire

Not if I make him gay. That might break the infinite loop.

mayovagn

AmberStarfire

Of course, part of the point of creating a male character is because there are a lot of female characters and not male ones, so it might hinder more than help.

mayovagn

It would, however, be quite funny. *Smiles* Yeah, it would make sense to have one or two more bi or straight guys around. Make him cute though. Or else. *Laughs*

SpiralSpider

Maybe I'll make a male for the game, too... While I wait to see if my girl is approved. ^.^'
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

mayovagn

AmberStarfire

That would be cool. :)

I'm surprised more haven't joined, actually. Most of the history buffs I've known have been men and hey.. there are courtesans!

lol

Jezebell

Amber: Don't fret, I know that's not how you meant it c: I get what you mean and I'm happy that I now know that tidbit of interesting information!

AmberStarfire

Thanks Jez. Sometimes I lack a filtering process from brain to keyboard. If it pops into my head, it gets said (especially when I'm tired).

It's good that you know, though. She was a very popular lady, from what I understand, and I think she was the one who invited my husband to the site.

Jezebell

I can be the same way sometimes Amber, no worries. We all have those moments hahaha

It seems that I have some big shoes to fill, in that case! Hope I can do it x)

SpiralSpider

Here's my boy:

Name: Kamden Maccrum
Played by: Spiral Spider
Nationality: British
Eyes: light green
Hair: red
Height: 5'10
Sexuality: bisexual

Likes/Turn ons: novelty, passion, sensory deprivation, physical flaws, intelligence, beautiful eyes, going against the grain of society
Dislikes/Turn offs: bigotry, blowhards, dishonesty, scat, clingy people, boredom, ageplay, children (both in age and those mentally immature), incest (his own family and even people who remind him of them)

Role/Archetype: The Jaded Student cum Starving Artist

Personality: Kam is a bit on the chaotic side. He goes where the wind takes him, and often that is to The Castello as he is fond of the variety that can be found in the crowds there. He is at once intense and focused and flighty and distracted. It all makes sense when you come to understand that things work differently in his mind - he's almost always working out a new story. One item of interest often leads to another from some tiny, scarcely related commonality. As a point of research for his writing, he occasionally throws himself into his characters in order to try to see things from their eyes. Experiencing new things is important to him because he desires to understand.

Background/History: Nearly everything about Kam advertises his Scottish heritage. He was born to a religious farming family outside Melrose. They were strict in their expectations for their six children and Kamden was lead to believe that the trick to success was working hard in life. God was the great provider and father and one simply didn't take one's blessings for granted.

In his youth, he saw school as a gift and diligently studied. This opened a door for him as a wealthy Englishman saw what a good boy he was and sponsored his further education. However, as Kamden traveled out through the world and into the bigger cities, he realized that things were not as he had been lead to believe. God was not the just and kind provider. He seemed cruel or, perhaps, indifferent to the sufferings of man. Kam's philosophy, literature and history classes only served to reinforce his new found cynicism. Eventually, he dropped out of school and took to the bohemian lifestyle. He now lives in a hole in the wall apartment in Dover, making a scant living drawing up posters. His college days sparked a love of writing in him that remains his motivation through everything.

~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."