You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 04:35:05 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Interest check: Star Trek (prime universe) group role play.  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Hyena Dandy

Re: Interest check: Star Trek (prime universe) group role play.
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2013, 08:16:30 PM »
Well technically Joanne is the Navigator and I'm at Tactical for now.

The only open role for sure is the Science Officer.

Right. :)

So, only missing Science.

Do you need help making your guy Tactical?

Online Raziel

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2013, 08:22:17 PM »
No thanks when it became clear that I might be stuck at Tactical I started working on one that works, just need to finish it up. Besides until we hear back from Joanne I might still end up as navigator. The way I see it even if I stay at Tactical the ship can't leave without a pilot so I guess it's just a question of how long we wait before opening the position up again or get a post from Joanne.

Offline Hyena Dandy

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »
Gotcha.

:)

Also, if this counts STO as Canon, I need to change my pic of Sethra to reflect the STO uniforms. Red is security there, I think, so... Just a sec.

Online Raziel

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2013, 08:46:26 PM »
Well in STO there is only the Tactical class not a Security one as well, in canon though Security is still separate from Tactical and is part of Operations so it's still Gold...like the Pakled's it depends on which you go with :)

Offline Hyena Dandy

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2013, 02:45:43 AM »
Well in STO there is only the Tactical class not a Security one as well, in canon though Security is still separate from Tactical and is part of Operations so it's still Gold...like the Pakled's it depends on which you go with :)

Quote from: Katataban
It is not apocrypha to be honest. The ST:O  timeline was endorsed by universal as the official timeline after the Nemesis events. So yes I will be incorporating them with the small change that the Romulan civil war has not ended yet.And yes, that does mean the true way is active. The klingon's and the federation are no longer allies since the Khitomer liberation, but they aren't yet at the brink of war.

So I think we're in STO.

Offline TamhansenTopic starter

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2013, 02:53:50 AM »
The only reason tactical officers are red in STO is because engineers already took yellow. It's a design thingy. I'll list departments by colour.

Red: Command, Navigation, Tactical
Gold: Engineering, Ops, Security
Teal: Medical and science

Also, the pak'leds did not join the federation, any more than the borg, ferengi or Klingons. all of which are playable as federation officers in STO. I've checked the list I'll put it up here soon. If someone really wanted to play a Pakled, give me a good reason in the bio, and i'll consider

Elven I think I can agree on that character.

Open positions at this point are tactical, engineering and science, with Mai wanting to play either science or engi, hope she'll give an answer soon.

Not heard back from Joanne so Raziel will be flying the ship.

Online Raziel

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2013, 05:04:59 AM »
Sweet I get to fly :D

Online Raziel

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2013, 05:14:21 AM »

Name: Kaylen Shepard
Race: Human
Position: Chief CONN (Navigator) Officer
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual

Bio (Short Version):
Kaylen was born on Tevron VII in 2368. Born into a Starfleet family it was no surprise that he continued the family tradition. 

During his time at the Academy he quickly discovered he had a natural talent for flying and fell in love with it, choosing to become a pilot. Upon graduating from the Academy he was assigned to the U.S.S. Arkwright as a junior conn officer.

Kaylen is well aware of his talent as a pilot but does not always brag about it, although he is prone to odd flair of arrogance like most pilots. However his...confidence as a pilot has caused him to take several risks during his career, most of them getting him noticed by command for one reason or another resulting in him being deemed a risk taker.

The most significant proof of this occurred during his time aboard the Arkwright, a Galaxy Class starship. During a routine patrol during mission the Arkwright was ambushed by several cloaked Romulan Warbirds, with its weapons disabled in the opening attack the Arkwright's only choice was to flee.  With few paths open to him the Captain decided to take the ship into a nearby asteroid field, however it was too far away to reach at impulse. In an attempt to save the ship, Kaylen attempted something that had never been done before...to enter the field at Warp.

Despite the risk the Captain allowed Shepard to attempt the dangerous manoeuvre and somehow the young pilot managed to pull it off (and is currently the only pilot known to do this) It should be noted that despite proud of the accomplishment Shepard has been quoted as saying "I wouldn't want to try it again." Due to his efforts Kaylen was promoted to Lieutenant Commander and made chief Conn officer of the Arkwright, where he served for three years until transferring to the newly commissioned U.S.S. Amsterdam.

Offline Joanne87

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2013, 05:56:36 AM »
Well I could not answer last weekend and not interested in science or to be the psychologist. So I am out of this until further notice.

Offline MaiMizzu

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2013, 08:00:39 AM »
Sorry, thought I said it already. Female chief engineer for me. Will have bio up tonight after work.

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2013, 08:04:32 AM »
You did in the other thread. My bad Mai, for answering without reading all the threads. So engineering it is. You're hired so your bio can go straight into the character bio thread. Your rank will be either Lieutenant or Lt jg.

Online Raziel

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2013, 09:40:45 AM »
So that leaves the Science Officer and the Tactical officer spots open still I believe

Offline Hyena Dandy

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2013, 08:30:06 PM »
We have a Nerd-in-Chief, so all that's left is tactical. If no-one signs up, I can go to SecTac, but I'd rather not.

Offline MrBubbles

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2013, 08:41:33 PM »
We have a Nerd-in-Chief, so all that's left is tactical. If no-one signs up, I can go to SecTac, but I'd rather not.

Counselor as well, since I regrettably have to bow out of making a character for this game.

Offline Hyena Dandy

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2013, 01:16:49 AM »
Counselor and Tactical still open.

Offline Hyena Dandy

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2013, 01:29:57 AM »
A friend of mine, Greytrail, is willing to take Counselor, but his computer isn't displaying E at the moment. He'll be on as soon as he can. :)

Online Raziel

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2013, 01:37:50 AM »
Since Mei's character is actually Science it's Tactical and Engineer that are open.

Offline Greytrail

• On what may be permanent hiatus. The muses call...
  • Liege
  • Seducer
  • Loquacious, Libidinous and Literate.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2013, 01:39:32 AM »
Hey! Look at that, the site is behaving again. Excellent!  Yes, I will take on Tactical, I'm just letting some ideas simmer for him/her.

Offline Hyena Dandy

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2013, 01:41:40 AM »
Since Mei's character is actually Science it's Tactical and Engineer that are open.

Ah!

And Counselor, since our Counselor quit.

And then Greytrail asked me to reserve Counselor, and then chose Tactical anyway.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:44:32 AM by Hyena Dandy »

Offline Greytrail

• On what may be permanent hiatus. The muses call...
  • Liege
  • Seducer
  • Loquacious, Libidinous and Literate.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2013, 01:43:24 AM »
And Counselor, since our Counselor quit.

And then Greytrail asked me to reserve Counselor, and then chose Tactical anyway.
*sheepish* Sorry... See, you wouldn't want me as Counselor anyway! I'll just confuse everyone...

Offline Stella Maris

• Everybody's Friend
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • My inbox is waiting; won't you help fill it?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2013, 01:57:14 AM »
So, I hear there's a position open for Counselor, then?

Online Raziel

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2013, 02:03:01 AM »
Yes indeed Councelor is open :)

Offline Top Cat

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2013, 02:04:36 AM »
As a friend of Hyena Dandy and Duelist, I'm interested in making a character.

Name: Lieutenant Berk Yemlemek
Race: Human
Position: Engineering
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual

Bio: Lieutenant Yemlemek has had a rocky career. He has been demoted to Ensign three times, once for being thrown in jail while on leave, once for reprogramming a Federation duty replicator to make alcoholic beverages (particularly, Romulan Ale), and once for "inappropriate fraternization" (that's what they call it when you're caught with the Admiral's daughter during the middle of an awards ceremony). Despite that, he keeps being promoted again, for the simple fact that he's a damn good Engineer. He's most recent promotion was when he effectively "jump-started" the USS Moskva's warp drive, mere seconds before it would have been annihilated by a Gorn attack.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:23:29 PM by Top Cat »

Offline Stella Maris

• Everybody's Friend
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • My inbox is waiting; won't you help fill it?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2013, 02:39:49 AM »
Yes indeed Councelor is open :)
Excellent. I'm about to head to bed, just now, but I'll get a character bio up on the morrow.

« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2013, 03:02:47 AM »
okay. So if all goes well that should fill up our department heads. Thank you Hyena for answering the questions during my regenerative cycle. :D

I will not close this yet in case people are interested in minor roles, like captains yeoman or an assistant department head. I will try to get everyone started up ASAP. Please drop your bios in the bio thread and visit the OoC thread for further information.

And Top cat, yes Borg are out for now, as part of the story arc. But you can take your pick of Klingon, Nausicaan or Gorn on the outer border. Romulan raiders, Jem Haddar/Cardassians of the true way So I'm guessing that leaves choice enough.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:19:42 AM by Katataban »