MAID. Any interest?

Started by Jaded, March 31, 2013, 05:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

The game was delayed due to computer issues, however is now getting restarted.  If anyone else is interested in joining, it is a good time to do so.  :)

IC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170181.0

OOC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170182.0

Character Sheets
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170199.0

ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW

I’d like to try my hand at running a game, and MAID sticks out as one I think I would enjoy and can manage without too much trouble.  I’m not sure how popular it is though, so I suppose this is as much of an interest check as anything.  I have an idea in mind, but don’t mind modifying it somewhat based on what the players desire.

=-=-=

The King’s Throne is the massive spaceship that Achaicus Rangi, reclusive owner of the Eternity Corporation, calls home.  A strange man, Achaicus has entered into a period of seclusion to decide which of his children will take over the corporation upon his retirement.  He has passed into the rim aboard his ship, taking only a trusted few with him.

=-=-=

I would be looking for a group of Maids to serve Achaicus, some of whom could be related to him, as well as possibly a son or two (NPCs in a sense, but played by players ;) ) who are there to try and convince him to choose them, or are just there out of boredom.  The overall plot would be choosing an heir, but the scenarios would be more varied and based on what the ship encounters.

I see this game being Non-Consensual-Exotic, but am open to a discussion on this. 

Sex would be an important part of the game, but not the focus.  The characters would be trying to gain favour or deal with problems as usual, with any male PCs just being a wrench in the gears.  The Master himself would be a bit of a lech, and violent when in a bad mood, but tend to care for his Maids.   Any noncon would generally come from the male characters or the random events.

Hopefully I'm not missing anything important here.

Any interest?

Siereis

Just as a for instance, can you give us some examples of these random events you had in mind?   Addititionaly. What does a sci-fi maid outfit look like? Lol...

Oldknight

I think I might be game for this idea

Jaded

I may have forgotten to mention that Maid is an RPG system.  So the costume would be the standard one.  I don't have a picture onhand, but if you search for maid on gelbooru or similar plenty of examples would pop up.

If people don't like science fiction, I am fine changing it.  Examples from the sci-fi table in the book are things like space pirates, an assassin is after the master, a new alien race, a minefield, etc.

Sethala

Oo, maid RPG.  I might have to say I'm interested in it.  Will we be using the seduction rules at all?  And any special rules for character generation?

If not, rolls for a character:

Athletics: 3, Affection 2, Skill 1, Cunning 0, Luck 1, Will 3

Maid Types: Boyish, Heroine

Special Qualities: Angel/Devil, Criminal Tendencies: Pyromaniac

Maid Roots: Business, Stress Explosion: Running Away, Maid Weapon: Vase/Bottle/Pot

Maid Power: Giant Weapon

...Well, this already looks like it'll be an interesting character.  I'll wait to see if there's any changes to the setting before I figure out details for her.

Jaded

It would be standard character creation.

I'm debating the seduction rules, I could see it being amusing or annoying.  Any thoughts on it?

I'd allow complexes, but not require them. 

Costume changes would be in.

Antipaladin of Calista

Well time to roll a sick ass maid. This is gonna be sick!

Major Major

Hmmn. Pencil me in as well, if anyone drops out.

Antipaladin of Calista

Antipaladin of Calista

Name:  Satomi Tanaka
Age: (Still trying to decide. Might leave blank since she doesn't remember anything before being sold from the "factory".)
Maid colors:
   Clothes: Black
   Hair: Navy
   Eye: Purple

Maid Types:  Pure/Sexy
SQ: Cyborg/Amnesiac
Maid Roots: Slave
Stress Explosion: Rampage
Maid Power: Windows of the soul

Attributes:
   Athletics: 3
   Affection: 3
   Skill: 1
   Cunning: 2
   Luck: 3
   Will: 1

Stress:
   Spirit: 10

Favor:
   Starting Favor: 8

Maid Weapon: Chains and Ropes

Jaded

It looks like there is a good amount of interest. :)

I don’t have a hard cap on players, so you’re welcome to join if you like Major Major.

I had two ideas for the ship they are travelling on.  The first would fall under the Extravagant Spaceship type, and would basically be a self-contained island.  A dome containing a large green space and lake, a ton of rooms, and so on.  The other, which amused me, would be the Second-Hand Spaceship type.  The Master would be travelling under cover, and so bought the ugliest ship he could.  Any preferences?  Alternatively, would people prefer a contemporary setting? 

Meliai

Oooooh, yay! I was signed up for a Maid game a while back, but the GM vanished before we got started. I was actually considering trying to run one of my own, but  I'd love to nab one of the maid spots if you've still got room. The sci-fi setting sounds fantastic, and I can see both types of ships being fun in different ways. Depending on how long you expect the campaign to last, we could start one one and transition to the other because Plot maybe?

For the male characters/heirs, you could stat them up similarly to regular Masters, but with significantly less control over the Maids. They'd have crummy stats, but some versatility depending on their power source. There's also Stewards, PCs closer to Maids in terms of power. The fellow who translated the game to english has the alternate rules for them up on his website, as well as some other optional tweaks.

Given the frequency with which sex comes up on Ell I think we'd have to at least modify the seduction rules to avoid them becoming a bother. Maybe allowing regular sexyfuntimes without any sort of mechanical aspect, but changing the seduction mechanic to submission/domination? Not that it would require any BDSM type stuff, just that the seduced character becomes somewhat submissive to the seducer.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Jaded

You’re welcome to join if you like Meliai.

I’m hoping it will be a fairly long campaign, but I suppose we could change things up every so often.

I actually had a similar idea for the ship, and made it disused and in need of fixing up, but extravagant beneath that. ;)  Below are my thoughts for the ship, still in note form.  I am open to changes if anyone has any to suggest.

I’m not sure we’ve had anyone express interest in playing a male character yet, but I hadn’t considered the Steward rules.  It is worth looking at, thanks.

That could work if everyone is happy with it, I’ll need to look over those rules a bit more. 

If people who are interested would like to post a character sheet, I’ll probably try to get things started before too long.  If more people would like to join after, I’m sure we can figure out how to bring them in.

Name:

Maid Type:
Maid Roots:
Stress Explosion:
Maid Power:
Special Qualities:
Maid Weapon:
Mental Complex (Optional):
Physical Complex (Optional):

Clothes Colour:
Eye Colour:
Hair Colour:

Athletics:
Affection:
Skill:
Cunning:
Luck:
Will:

-=-=-=-

The King’s Throne was, years ago, a popular luxury hotel catering to the richest of clients.  Achaicus Rangi, in his prime, was one such client.  Now, as he sets out into the great beyond in the last years of his life, he hopes to reclaim some of the fond memories he has of the past.  Unfortunately, the King’s Throne had for more than a decade sat in a ship’s graveyard, waiting its turn for disassembly.  Achaicus rescued it, even renovated it, but it is still far from what it once was.

The ship is comprised of a dome, six hundred meters across, resting on a disc.  The dome itself contains an area known as the Garden that was once made up of beautiful meadows, a small forest, a lake, waterfall, and stream, but is now overgrown and overrun.  The lake is covered in algae and worse, and the once beautiful beaches are nothing more than masses of weeds.  A path through the thick undergrowth has been carved from the airlock on the edge of the Garden to the Tower in the center of the lake, and a simple wooden bridge constructed over the lake, but the rest still needs a great deal of work.  The dome can mimic most any sky, complete with rising and setting sun, and can create almost any weather pattern.  Unfortunately, both seem broken, the sky is stuck overcast, and a constant, frigid, rain is falling. 

The Tower is located in the center of the lake, and connects the functional parts of the ship within the disc to an observation room on top of the dome. 

9: Observatory (on top of dome)
8: Master’s Library
7: Master’s Suite (bedroom, bath, balcony, etc)
6: Grand Hall (open walls)
5: Guest Quarters
4: Dining Hall
3: Kitchen
2: Exercise Room
1: Maid’s Quarters (communal shower)
0: Entrance
-1: Laundry
-2: Storage
-3: Dungeon
-4: Mechanical

Beneath the tower are tunnels of various sizes connecting the engines, power source, and various key systems such as life support, water reclamation, and so on.  A freight tunnel connects an air lock to the storage area, and allows access without passing through the Garden. 

The ship is controlled by an AI, and travels upwards in relation to its internal gravity.  It has no active crew beyond the AI, though there are various robotic repair drones and similar.

All levels of the tower are connected by two staircases, a larger one for the Master and guests, and a smaller one beside it for servants and maids.  There is also an elevator, but it is only accessible by the master himself.

The Observatory is the only part of the ship to jut out above the dome itself.  It is comprised of an empty room, though furniture was once present, with a clear roof looking out into the darkness of space.

The Master’s Library is, as the name implies, filled with dusty old books. 

The Master’s Suite holds his large bedroom and private bathroom, as well as a balcony that rings the entire tower, a private dining room, and a small control room connected to the ship’s AI and cameras. 

The Grand Hall is a large, open walled, room.

The Guest Quarters is comprised of four separate bedroom, bathroom, suites. 

The Dining Hall is comprised of two separate rooms.  The first is a large, formal, dining area complete with massive table for the Master and any of his guests.  The second is a smaller dining area for servants and maids. 

The Kitchen is, well, a kitchen.

The Exercise Room once had all the latest in exercise equipment, now it just has a few rusty old pieces fit for a museum.  It also has a sauna and pool, no longer working.

The Maid’s Quarters are a series of small bedrooms linked to a communal gathering area and shower.  They do each have their own bathroom, but it has nothing more than a toilet and sink.

The Entrance was once filled with art, now it is an empty space with a door out to the Garden.

The Laundry is, a laundry.

The Storage area is larger than most other floors, and has the shelves, fridges, and other such facilities required to store food, parts, and similar.

The Dungeon is a curious area, with no good explanation for its existence.  It is comprised of a series of cells, hidden deep in the ship.

Sethala

I like the ship, although instead of just an AI-controlled ship, we should have a small crew of female human-looking androids.  (Kinda like Xenosaga's Durandal and its crew of 100-series Realians, only less loli.)  Or maybe that's something we can work towards "upgrading".  I'm assuming the non-functional pool is the same way, and we can eventually get it going again.

Anyway, character details coming soon.  Think I'm going to give her a different weapon, as I can't really figure out how she'd be wielding a giant vase in a spaceship...

Sethala

Name: Nanael
Appearance: (Coming soon)

Maid Type: Boyish, Heroine
Maid Roots: Business
Stress Explosion: Running Away
Maid Power: Giant Weapon
Special Qualities: Angel, Criminal Tendencies: Pyromaniac
Maid Weapon: Scythe

Clothes Colour: Gray
Eye Colour: Silver
Hair Colour: Red

Athletics: 3
Affection: 2
Skill: 1
Cunning: 0
Luck: 1
Will: 3

Background: Nanael never really meant to get in this much trouble, honestly.  She just always loved playing with fire... and unfortunately, burning down the Archangel's private manor was not the result she was hoping for.  No one was hurt, but she had to somehow pay for the damage she'd done, which meant leaving Heaven to find a real job.  Admittedly, she's not entirely sure how being a maid on a spaceship is a "real job", but at least it pays decently, and she'll eventually earn enough to be allowed back into Heaven.  Or at least it would, if it wasn't for the cost of repairing damage she causes to the ship that's constantly docked from her paycheck.

Meliai

Name: Natsumi Sato
Appearance: Natsumi is a petite, curvy young woman with long white hair and inquisitive green eyes. She is somewhat quiet and seems perpetually nervous, possibly due to the fact that she's quiet clumsy and has absurdly terrible luck. A small, squid-like robotic computer "swims" around her head

Maid Type: Sexy/Heroine
Maid Roots: Debt
Stress Explosion: Seclusion
Maid Power: Trap
Special Qualities:
   Accessory: Pet
   Membership: Cult
Maid Weapon: Summoning
Mental Complex: Clumsy
Physical Complex: Big Breasts

Clothes Colour: Navy
Eye Colour: Green
Hair Colour: White

Athletics: (1+3)/3 = 1
Affection: (2+4)/3 = 2
Skill: (6+5)/3 = 3
Cunning: (6+6)/3 = 4 (+1) = 5
Luck: (2+1)/3 = 1 (-1) = 0
Will: (3+3)/3 = 2 (+1/-1) = 2

Spirit: 20
Favor: 4

I'll hammer it out more tomorrow, but background-wise I'm thinking her parents were suckered into the cult when she was little and lost all their money, leaving no way to pay their dues apart from more or less handing Natsumi over to them. She was trained as a maid for several years and sent to infiltrate Archaicus's staff for some nefarious purpose. She doesn't personally hold any allegiance to the cult, but her parents are more or less completely brainwashed and she complies with their orders out of fear for their safety. Plus, the authorities might not be all that understanding of her predicament considering how effectively she's managed to infiltrate the king's service.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Jaded

They look good.  :)

What did you have in mind for the robots?  I suppose we could, but I wouldn't want them stealing the duties of the maids. ;)

There are a few facilities that will likely be unlocked with time.

I’ve glanced at the seduction rules, and I think I will allow them, but only if both players agree to the seduction.  Also, I should ask that everyone include what they are comfortable with happening to their characters in their character sheet, as well as what they absolutely don’t want to happen. 

I’ve posted an OOC and IC thread, if you are joining, please post your character sheet in the OOC thread, then your Maid’s arrival in the IC thread.  I’ll be keeping the game open to new Maids for the foreseeable future, so anyone that would like to join is welcome to.  If someone would like to play something else, let me know.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170181.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170182.0

Sethala

For the robots, I imagine they would basically be the crew responsible for piloting the ship.  Taking orders from the master/captain, planning coordinates, monitoring vital systems, weapons control, communications with other ships/ports (at least when talking to the crew on those ships/ports), and so on.  Basically, anything that's done from the bridge of the ship.

And as someone that's run a few open-end games, I've found it's best to have a separate thread for character sheets so if someone joins partway, their sheet doesn't get buried somewhere on page 5 of the OOC thread.

Meliai

Aaaah, that's a good idea, especially if we're going to be adding more characters later. I went ahead and put Nat's sheet up in the OOC for now though. It might also be handy if we had the Mansion layout in the same place as the character sheets.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Jaded

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170199.0

I added a character sheet thread, my original plan was to copy them to the first post, but will be easier this way.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I forgot about the ship description, thanks, is added to the OOC thread.  I need to clean it up some, but will do that as we go.

I'm not sure on the robots.  I see the AI as fulfilling the bulk of the ship's needs in terms of communication and piloting, so there wouldn't be a bridge.  I suppose we could have a bunch of different robots in storage for various purposes, but none yet active.  So we could bring them in if you desired.

Sethala

Eh, mainly I just like the scene of the captain standing on a bridge overlooking everything while a bunch of crew members go about the actual piloting.  'Tis a pretty standard sci-fi trope, and it just felt weird to have a large ship without any kind of bridge scenes.

Mysterica

Hello hello.  Honestly I am currently rather smashed, but when building a Maid character that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I'll post my character here for now just in case it is decided that you don't need any more characters.  I don't want to assume myself a part of the game and post to the character thread before it is necessarily confirmed that I am in fact accepted.  I'm really wanting to get involved in another MAID game even though I am not at all interested honestly in male (sexual) interaction with my charater at least.  (Another reason why I am not immediately posting my character in the character thread)  Should I be accepted I will incude name, age and appearance, as well as a brief backstory for my character when I move her to the character thread.  In the mean time...  I need to get to sleep!

character sheet

Name:

Maid Type: Pure, Heroine
Maid Roots: Slave
Stress Explosion: Stealing
Maid Power: Lock Picking
Special Qualities: Otaku, Perversion: Womanizer
Maid Weapon: Wooden Sword
Mental Complex (Optional): Attention from the opposite sex
Physical Complex (Optional): Short

Clothes Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Hair Colour: Purple

Athletics: 2
Affection: 3
Skill: 4
Cunning: 1
Luck: 1
Will: 4

Sethala

Well, I can't imagine all of the maids would be required to serve the master in a sexual way.  And I noticed she's a "slave" in her maid roots... I wouldn't mind being one to ensure she knows her place here.   >:)

Jaded

Hmm.  If I was to bring in a bridge, I'd probably go with the Maids as the crew and the Head Maid as Captain.

Looks good Mysterica, you are more than welcome to post her in the character sheet thread and join. :)

I wouldn't force a character into a scene their player was uncomfortable with.

Meliai

Oh boy, that stress explosion and maid power will be a fun combination :D
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}