British superheroes!

Started by Ramael, March 29, 2013, 07:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Major

"The Navigator" works, actually, since in my mind, I had him as a second-tier 'support' hero, if that makes sense.

All updated now. How's that look?

Ramael

Quote from: chaoslord29 on April 01, 2013, 11:40:24 AM
Okay! Narrowed down my concept a little and I've decided to go with my sports-themed hero (though I'm desperately trying to avoid calling him Sportsman XD). His powers are...

Wonderful character concept. Have you thought about what kind of athelete he is? Football player or Olympian? It's either one of those or cyclist, rower or curling that the Brits are good at  :P Oh there's rugby too, St George is an amateur player - maybe the two superheroes know each other from time spent across the same field?

Also, what are his powers? There is potential for our teams later on in the story to come across/scrap with Germany's superheroes as their teams may come looking to eradicate "Reichson"...

Quote from: Darwishi on April 01, 2013, 11:43:12 AM
Ah gotcha.  Okay, so that idea is probably out.  By the by, no one seemed to have commented on another cat-themed hero?  I really don't want to step on any toes, so if it's a problem I'll move on.  I kind of like the idea, but currently I'm in a hold pattern before developing it more and/or scrapping it. ^_^

Sorry, I didn't think you were serious because you said "it is so tempting" rather than "I am tempted" lol. I'm for it, as long as she doesn't belong to another franchise? She seems to? Unless you want to keep the visual aesthetics and build your own Brit-Latina story for her?

Quote from: Major Major on April 01, 2013, 03:16:47 PM
"The Navigator" works, actually, since in my mind, I had him as a second-tier 'support' hero, if that makes sense.

All updated now. How's that look?

Can't see much changed apart from the name. His main power still needs expanding upon. Nevertheless, we can do this in the main game threads.

One more rollcall time:

Midnight Tiger

The Governess and/or Jack

Primarch's character

August "Reggie" Reinholt

Lady Spitfire

Dim Hon's character (maybe)

St George

Eiselmann's character, villain mastermind

Darwishi's heroine

The Navigator

The good news is that we definately have enough hero players for the first Union lineup! Huzzah! I shall get the OOC and other threads up shortly. Everyone else with not quite finished profiles or ideas we will likely move our character discussion over there for the time being so we can finish off.

Just leaving this thread open for a short time longer to mop up any last remaining interest.

Major Major

Quote from: Ramael on April 02, 2013, 04:17:37 AM
Can't see much changed apart from the name. His main power still needs expanding upon. Nevertheless, we can do this in the main game threads.

Ugh. I know what I want to say about him, but I just can't find the way to express it properly.

Darwishi

Sorry, I didn't think you were serious because you said "it is so tempting" rather than "I am tempted" lol. I'm for it, as long as she doesn't belong to another franchise? She seems to? Unless you want to keep the visual aesthetics and build your own Brit-Latina story for her?

She's part of Marvel U as White Tiger, but really at best she's a B-list character, I'd even say a C or D lister.  She has one graphic novel written about her, and she showed up in assistance to Spiderman in the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon series.  And while her powers are mystical in Marvel U, they're not the same of what I was thinking.  I don't think. XDD

Or at least I can say I'll try to make them at least a little different.  I just like the image that I have of her there.  I find pictures I like then I build around them, regardless of what they are in other universes. =P

chaoslord29

Wonderful character concept. Have you thought about what kind of athelete he is? Football player or Olympian? It's either one of those or cyclist, rower or curling that the Brits are good at  :P Oh there's rugby too, St George is an amateur player - maybe the two superheroes know each other from time spent across the same field?

Also, what are his powers? There is potential for our teams later on in the story to come across/scrap with Germany's superheroes as their teams may come looking to eradicate "Reichson"...

I thought that would be a good plot hook, yes to bring back his past exploits when he was playing for the wrong side as it were.

Reggie is a club Rugby player, obviously very skilled but playing for a relatively minor team (people assume he's waiting for the right offer from one of the big names, or just paying his dues to an old favorite); he did a brief stint as a professional tennis player, was very nearly ranked one of the top 10 players worldwide but dropped out before Wimbledon for undisclosed "health reasons"; He's also a candidate for Britain's olympic  team, and could be a real contender for a medal in the 110m hurdle, shotput, long and high jumps, and fencing, if only he'd show up to practice with some regularity.

The experiments performed on him have endowed August with low superhuman physical abilities: augmented strength and agility; enhanced reflexes and alacrity; nigh inexhaustible stamina and improved recuperative abilities; exceptional mental accuity and an expanded mind for learning and language.

Additionally, he has for all appearances aged only a few years since the second world war, and he has remained in near perfect health for that time. Over the years he has picked up expertise in a number of useful fields and studies; particularly advanced genetics and bioengineering; the science which created him and he has done his best to guide the development of. He speaks over a dozen languages, and can read and right in more than a few dead ones; worked as a cryptographer for the KGB, an advanced field instructor for the CIA, and a various other intelligence positions for MI6, Mossad and even as a consultant to the Chinese Secret Service.

Reggie has a lifetime worth of combat experience to draw on, armed and unarmed, close combat and with a variety of firearms, in every climate and environment, and has studied more than a few martial arts. Generally, he favors advanced judo forms and makes excellent and efficient use of various holds and throws, turning his opponents energy and efforts against them.

Under his heroic alias of "Allstar" he makes use of various mundane sports equipment to exceptional effect in incapacitating and disabling his foes, and wears stylised pads in place of armor and what looks like an American Football Helmet to conceal his identity.

While his body stores nutritional reserves at beyond peak efficiency for a human being, August's greatly accelerated metabolic functions give him a propensity to eat and drink to excess whenever opportunity allows; when unable to sustain his increased caloric and nutritional needs, August is forced to 'taper off' his superhuman abilties, or else quickly succumb to an increasing delirium and eventually what appears to be a diabetic coma. Whenever possible, August prefers land and sea travel to air.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Ramael

OOC is up! Please take all conversations we are having now to there.

NEW AND INTERESTED?

I'll leave this thread up for a while longer just in case any lurkers want to express their interest. We have a weight of male heroes it seems, and we have a core team of Union. That means anybody not already having a character who wants to play a superheroine, or a villain of any sort, is welcome.

EDIT: this is some of what our heroes will be up against.

Ramael

Update!

We now have a core of four superheroes, the very first Union team lineup. They are currently under the general leadership and supervision of St George and his android aide, Governess.

It seems a couple of our other possibles went AWOL, so now this game is currently recruiting for:

A couple more superheroes/heroines, to join the other members of Union

An evil sidekick/morally questionable ally/power-hungry rival to our supervillain and fascist military player who is doing a great job cooking up a host of nightmare villains for our heroic Union team to face.

See above post for access to OOC and a link to some of the BDP (The Big Bad)'s finest.