You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 05:34:57 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Metal-Topic Mosh Pit  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Sasquatch421

Re: Metal-Topic Mosh Pit
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 09:42:35 PM »
Thanks guys and gals... Just let me know when you all swing by and I'll break out the Guinness and bust out some Kittie or Arch Enemy... Concert wise I did see Emphatic when they were still known as Veneculas and they kicked ass back then. Great opening choice for Jackyl... Although there was also the time when 3 Day Meat Sale opened for Quiet Riot, they really didn't go together.

Someday maybe I get lucky and Jada Pinkett Smith puts Wicked Wisdom back together for a tour....

Offline MrCrowley

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 09:44:49 PM »
By the way, what are you guys listening to right now?

Foo Fighters - Stranger Things Have Happened

Offline TheLoversBeastTopic starter

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »
Yeah! Mikael Åkerfeldt's a genius of songrwiting. And their instrumental is unmatched.

I agree they are for sure one of a kind!

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 09:46:20 PM »
We should write with this awesome guy A-train! He gets us! ;)

Damn straight!!! Haha

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 09:52:14 PM »

Actually right now I have no music playing haha

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 09:54:10 PM »

Actually I popped in the soundtrack for Dee Snider's Strangeland... I so love that movie and the soundtrack kicks ass... Dee, Sevendust, Coal Chamber, Pantera, Megadeth, (hed)p.e. and more... I would recommend finding the soundtrack for Alone in the Dark as well. While the movie sucked ass, the soundtrack was a metalheads dream...

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 09:56:44 PM »
Thanks guys and gals... Just let me know when you all swing by and I'll break out the Guinness and bust out some Kittie or Arch Enemy... Concert wise I did see Emphatic when they were still known as Veneculas and they kicked ass back then. Great opening choice for Jackyl... Although there was also the time when 3 Day Meat Sale opened for Quiet Riot, they really didn't go together.

Someday maybe I get lucky and Jada Pinkett Smith puts Wicked Wisdom back together for a tour....

Hell yeah I'm down. Ive never heard of Emphhatic, Jackyl, Wicked Wisdom or 3 Day Meat Sale hahaha xD I have some research to do!!

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 10:07:04 PM »
Jackyl is an older band the lead singer will do solo's with a chainsaw and they always play Sturgis anymore. Heck I remember when Jesse James Dupree was on the Tom Green show and cut the corner of his desk off with the chainsaw. It was almost as funny as Bobcat Goldthwait setting the chair on fire on the Tonight Show. Emphatic has been doing some of the themes for the WWE. Wicked Wisdom was never really well known, but Will Smiths wife was the lead singer...

Another group to check out is Steel Panther... They are bringing back the old Hair Metal, but are extremely dirty with their lyrics...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:09:55 PM by Sasquatch421 »

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 10:17:57 PM »
Jackyl is an older band the lead singer will do solo's with a chainsaw and they always play Sturgis anymore. Heck I remember when Jesse James Dupree was on the Tom Green show and cut the corner of his desk off with the chainsaw. It was almost as funny as Bobcat Goldthwait setting the chair on fire on the Tonight Show. Emphatic has been doing some of the themes for the WWE. Wicked Wisdom was never really well known, but Will Smiths wife was the lead singer...

Another group to check out is Steel Panther... They are bringing back the old Hair Metal, but are extremely dirty with their lyrics...

I like steel panther, and I do know Jackyl hahaha I dont know why, it didnt click right away. And im sure ive heard emphatic just didnt know.

Thats pretty crazy about Will Smiths wife!!! XD

Offline Ray Banner

• I may put still, but where's the fun in that?
  • Knight
  • Enchanted
  • Knight-of-Ni in Training
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 03:05:54 AM »
Ahh the good old metal, the good old days and the good old guitars.

I used to play rhythm guitars and do vocals for a band back in college... did it for around three years or so. From Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeath to Black Sabbath, Black Label Society, Rage Against the Machine and Killswitch Engage. Good stuff.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:16:12 AM by Ray Banner »

Offline Atroxa

• Beastmistress, Countess of Cute Socks, Artiste de Patisserie
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Dance with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »
Anyone who likes metal bands with angry female singers should check out Otep, they are without a doubt one of the best bands out there

Offline Ray Banner

• I may put still, but where's the fun in that?
  • Knight
  • Enchanted
  • Knight-of-Ni in Training
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 12:26:21 AM »
Anyone who likes metal bands with angry female singers should check out Otep, they are without a doubt one of the best bands out there

Love their 'Confrontation." Since the band had a female lead guitarist we used to cover that on occasion when she wanted vocals, pumpin' and energetic!

Offline Atroxa

• Beastmistress, Countess of Cute Socks, Artiste de Patisserie
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Dance with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 08:35:12 PM »
Love their 'Confrontation." Since the band had a female lead guitarist we used to cover that on occasion when she wanted vocals, pumpin' and energetic!

"Confrontation" is one of my character's theme songs lol

Another great band, Deftones, I'm totally jealous of a friend of mine who just saw them in Florida, oh and Alice in Chains is playing here next month, I wish I had the money to go see them x.x whyyy do I have to be poor?

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013, 09:03:38 PM »
"Confrontation" is one of my character's theme songs lol

Another great band, Deftones, I'm totally jealous of a friend of mine who just saw them in Florida, oh and Alice in Chains is playing here next month, I wish I had the money to go see them x.x whyyy do I have to be poor?

I'm going to miss Krofest... Alice in Chains, Bullet for My Valentine and Halestorm my summer would have been complete. Still get to see Lita Ford this summer though...