You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 03:59:25 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 353 times)

Offline BanditaTopic starter

« on: March 24, 2013, 10:50:32 PM »
Okay, so hear me out.  I see a person's avatar and I wonder, Is that what they look like?  The ones that have pictures anyhow.  And when I see a picture that is not identifiable, for example, body parts or seduction scenes, I tend to ask myself if that picture represents the person, or if the picture is just a picture.

So in my clumsy way, I am asking, why do people pick their avatars, is it somehow representative of them?  Is it a fetish? Just some picture that looked neat?

Mine is a phoenix, and I happen to love fire, and flying, and birds... I know weird, but it's sort of a thing, and I love the mythos and idea of it.  It's sexy to me.

What is yours?

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Avatars
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 10:56:36 PM »
It isn't weird at all.  I happen to like your avatar a lot.

People pick avatars based on what they like or what might inspire them.  I happen to thing women in men's shirts are sexy.  I wear them a lot at home and I like the pose in my avatar.  Some are representative of a member's personality or a favorite character.  Artists might display their work and some members choose avatars based on feelings or emotions.

The reasons are as varied as the people.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 11:27:27 PM »
Agreed, women in men's shirts are incredibly sexy.  I'd love to see original artworks.  The problem is that until someone tells me that it is their own work I don't know that. And I love original artworks.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 11:47:18 PM »
Mine is me, really me.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 01:02:46 AM »
Well, nothing is stopping you from asking. :-)

And people have many, many different reasons for choosing the avatars that they use. If you're ever curious, I doubt anybody would take offense at a politely-worded PM asking about the avatar.

Offline Ephiral

• The Firebrand Logica | Gender Ninja | Their Toy
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Location: In between the lines, outside of the law, underneath the veil
  • Carpe diem per sol delenda.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 01:12:43 AM »
Mine is a little self-reminder of how stupid you look when you get into drama on the Internet. And it makes me snicker if I wind up talking to someone who is way overly-dramatic.

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 01:46:01 AM »
Mine are usually always redheads and then they have a meaning behind them, subtle or not so subtle.

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 02:15:28 AM »
Caeli:  I know that, but I also thought it would be fun to just ask everyone at once.  If someone doesn't want to say, then they don't have to post it up here, and they don't have to deal with being singled out with a PM.  Which I absolutely have done before. I practically pandered someone due to their avatar not all that long ago. 

But still, am happy to be getting responses here. 

Ephiral, I love the reasoning behind yours.  Awesome.

SinXAzgard, your mask makes me want to look and see what's under it.  :D

and Golden Touch,  I have to say I adore redheads, so please, don't stop that trend on my account.

Offline kylie

• Bratty Princess of Twisty, Creeping Secrets. Frilly | Fussy | Framed | Dreamy | Glam | Risky | Sporty | Rapt | Tease | Ironic | Shadowed | Struggling | Whispery | Bespelled
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Darkly sweet femme for rich & insidious scenarios.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 05:19:32 AM »
     I tend toward figures I am very taken with, or might like to have. 

Whether one calls that a fetish or a matter of self-expression (or exploration too)...  I suppose it varies, but also overlaps a good deal.  There are also some aspects of imagery that have more to do with the atmosphere and materials or surfaces included -- how it all feels to me as a whole. 

Offline Izzie Aditi

• | Pretty eyed, pirate smile| The girl with the short skirt and the long jacket| Sapiosexual|
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Great minds think alike,dirty minds think together
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 06:18:42 AM »
There's also a thread here that may give some insight :-).

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 06:39:34 AM »
Dang.  How did I miss that thread.  I kind of want to see if I can merge mine now.