You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 05:46:09 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: And now, a public health service  (Read 1115 times)

Offline DTW

• Survival Of The Fittest , I ate my twin in the womb.
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • Lions donít lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: And now, a public health service
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 11:04:46 PM »
I prefer Velveeta  cheese solely because I hate cheese.  Seriously cheese is awful. Without hamburg or pizza  , it's useless.

I don't know how anyone can eat just cheese or cheese with mold on it.

Offline Thorne

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 11:07:41 PM »
What, like bleu cheese? Bleu cheese is /awesome/. In small quantities - it is pretty strong.

I understand that a bechamel base is the 'best' way to make good mac and cheese - YMMV.
However, it's probably the way I'm using. Velveeta is banned from my house. Period. >.>

Offline mymistica

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 07:35:37 PM »
It's getting scary to eat or drink anything anymore. Everything you hear is contradicting.
Tea is healthy, drink it! Oh, but don't drink too much - it's unhealthy! Water is healthy, drink it! No, don't drink that water - it's filled with fluoride!
So many foods are filled with GMO's, artificial food dyes, and who knows what else. We can't even trust food for our pets. My mom bought Blue Buffalo All-Natural Puppy Protection Plan puppy chow and it killed all of the puppies. The vet even said so - dog food poisoning. So much for all-natural.

I hope I make enough in my future career that I keep up a healthy home garden and learn how to prepare my own meals. I don't trust anything commercial, honestly.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 07:41:13 PM »
Um - moderation.  It's possible to drink enough non-fluoridated water to kill yourself by disrupting your mineral balance (hyponatremia - low sodium - is the usual diagnosis).  What this woman was drinking bears as little resemblance to actual tea as taking a 3-lb can of coffee (even good coffee), adding a cup or two of boiling water and trying to serve the resulting sludge as a beverage.

Offline Thesunmaid

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 08:32:19 PM »
Smirks"well trying to quite drinking something can be bad for you too...This has to do with my old roomate. We would measure her coffee intake by pots per day...not cups...and she would drink upwards of 6 pots a day...how she slept or did not vibrate off the bed is beyond me. But anyway she also chain smoked...she would smoke probably about 4 packs a day.

Now she decided I want to be healthier...I am going to take care of myself...eat better quit smoking...drink water instead of coffee and exercise because she was getting sick and tired of well being sick and tired. Admirable right? We were all proud of her for it.

Sadly because of the sudden lack of caffeine and nicotine in her body..her already sickly body went into shock and she actually had a mild heart attack. Albeit in a convient place...the middle of the emergency room where she had taken her sister and her son for his ear infection. But still...I never thought I would see the day when a doctor told someone to start drinking coffee and smoking again.

So be careful...trying to be healthy is apparently hazardous to your health lol

Oh and Oniya....my friend actually made a drink for gaming cons...it was called vile. Because it was...very very vile. It was instant coffee put through a coffee perk about 4 times and then you would drink the resulting syrup...you would not sleep for the entire weekend(or blink really..or maintain a heart rate lower than that of a hummingbirds.)...but the crash was hard core...He actually was in mid sentence and pitched forward passing out...he was fine after that but we never let him make vile again.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 08:52:25 PM »
Oh and Oniya....my friend actually made a drink for gaming cons...it was called vile. Because it was...very very vile. It was instant coffee put through a coffee perk about 4 times and then you would drink the resulting syrup...you would not sleep for the entire weekend(or blink really..or maintain a heart rate lower than that of a hummingbirds.)...but the crash was hard core...He actually was in mid sentence and pitched forward passing out...he was fine after that but we never let him make vile again.

We called that 'paint stripper'.  ;D