You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 06:10:29 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Vampire Rivalries Sign Up and info Thread  (Read 2103 times)

Offline AutoTuneTopic starter

Re: Vampire Rivalries Sign Up and info Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2013, 09:58:47 PM »
@Miss Red:
While that sounds unlikely, I won't stop it from happening, because that might happen on occasion. (especially if you like the idea) To put things in persepective of how I think that might cause problems, putting a subordinate in charge of a colony is like putting a High School Graduate in charge of an entire Country. xD Depending on the individual vampire, a subordinarte's confidence usually does'nt match that of the Beta, who was a vampire longer, and therefore, a more adequate replacement in the colony. Maybe what chooses the vampiric ranking is merely how long the vampire has been a vampire, or how much experience the vampire has had. I would imagine that a subordinate that was dumped with the responsabilities of a beta or alpha, or at least presented with the prospect of taking charge of his/her colony,  would need to learn how to make big decisions confidently, since being in charge in a colony would mean more then bossing vampires around. He/she would need to be able to convince the colony that his/her orders matter, and have positive effects on everyone in the colony, and be able to be trusted fully enough to gain their support. An Alpha, being the oldest and more or less, most wise in the colony, automaticly have the trust and support of most of the colony members, be it because of his or her wisdom, strength or a force of habit from the colony. Betas take some time to gain trust from the colony when replacing the alpha, I would imagine, because after putting so much faith in an an authoritative individual, to only watch him or her suddenly vanish from the picture, would effect the entire colony in many different ways. Putting that same trust in a beta would take time.
Putting that trust in a random subordinate, someone who would usually be young or niave, or inexperienced, would probably take a lot of time, hard work, and perhaps the support of someone older, who the colony had presumed to become the alpha.
:-D

It's an elaborate question to answer, with too many variables and interesting concepts to just say no too. Go have fun with these ideas, I won't stop it from happening.

And asking questions is okay with me. ^,^
They're so much fun to answer, I'm figuring out things i have'nt thought of. D: *is mind blown*

@Talli
It's fine! :D And you're totally free to do as you need too when you start. James is NPC, so all rpers are free to roleplay as them until someone has claimed them as a profile.

Offline Miss Red

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 02:10:36 AM »
I probably will end up only hinting at what I'm using all these questions for, and actually use them later in the RP. I'll attempt to create plausible reasons by then, and if not... they can remain unknown until I do.  ;)

A highschool graduate put in charge of entrie country you say... Well, that wouldn't lead to a enjoyable outcome in any scenario, would it? Haha.
I appreciate that you took the time to respond to my questions, and actually answer them, not just give a vague reply. And I'll be sure to ask any more if I think of some - I always have a strange question or two that has absolutely nothing to do with the plotting going in my mind, ones I'm just asking to satisfy some strange urge. Like if vampires are able to change into animals other then bats or something. I dunno.  :D

That last question was an example. Just thought I'd let you know. xD

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 02:56:27 AM »
Okeydokey, I like answering questions, you come up with really good ones. ^,^

And hypotheticly, yes, and it's up to the rper if he or she wants to use a an enchanted piece of wearable jewelery to change into a bat or bat-like creature, or naturally like a lycanthrope-type transformation. If the example answer were provided to the example question, this would be it. :-D

Offline Medias

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 05:53:09 AM »
Your Username: Medias
Character's Name: Lunar Austri
Character's age when he became a vampire: 20
Characters's time in existence as a vampire: 3 years

Height and Weight: Tall and slim (i'm 6'2'' so i'll go with that :p)
Hair style and color: cut very short and spiked up, brown
Clothing style: Wears a black vest underneath a black biker jacket with a pair of tight, dark jeans and black trainers.
Overall appearance: Bright blue eyes, sharp features and lean muscles
Secret code: The cake is a lie

Hope that's all up to scratch :) I'm just doing this now, gonna try and catch up on events then drop into play.

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 08:48:33 PM »
Your Username: Medias
Character's Name: Lunar Austri
Character's age when he became a vampire: 20
Characters's time in existence as a vampire: 3 years

Height and Weight: Tall and slim (i'm 6'2'' so i'll go with that :p)
Hair style and color: cut very short and spiked up, brown
Clothing style: Wears a black vest underneath a black biker jacket with a pair of tight, dark jeans and black trainers.
Overall appearance: Bright blue eyes, sharp features and lean muscles
Secret code: The cake is a lie

Hope that's all up to scratch :) I'm just doing this now, gonna try and catch up on events then drop into play.
Accepted ^,^ Start when ever your ready.

If anyone feels like they would want to make any small changes to their sign-up profile, feel free to let me know, I don't mind. I'll save any edits it in the character list back on page one.

Offline Miss Red

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »
Should I post a picture and short bio (name, age, gender, etc.) of Devon and Julius? They're Olivia's "missing" Alpha and Beta, and just thought it'd be nice to have faces to go with the names. Or I could ad them to my sign-up profile, of course.  :-)

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 09:17:37 PM »
@ MissRed:
Oh you certainly can do that, if you want to. ^,^ I'll save any edits you make later tonight if you decide to. It's completely optional. Maybe I should add a NPC character list, or a list of related colonies.

I'm dying to reply back to the rp, but i'm on my 3DS, which is'nt the best thing to write a few paragraphs of vampire-awesome. xP
I'll certainly do so later tonight though, If I can, while i'm tweaking this and that.

Offline Miss Red

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 09:30:46 PM »
Sounds great! Devon is an NPC, or something of the sort, I presume. We can probably assume that he's dead. Or injured. Or locked away in a dungeon somewhere.  >:) I'm still trying to figure out if I want Julius to be an actual character, or an NPC. Hrm.

Oh? A fellow 3DS owner? :D *Happy dance*
They are such a pain to type on - so don't worry. I can't seem to write anything decent unless it's on my laptop or one my iPhone. ^,^;;

Offline Miss Red

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 11:11:33 PM »
@AutoTune:
Here are Devon and Julius!  :-) Devon looks a bit scruffy and plain for a vampire, I suppose, but that's intentional on his part. No need to prove that he's an Alpha through appearance when he had no need to - he was already known as one. Julius became blind shortly after Devon left, and I'm thinking that maybe the Hawkens had something to do with it, and they are also perhaps part of the reason why he fled. *Plotting*

Devon Stiles

Your Username: Miss Red
Character's Name: Devon Stiles
Character's age when he became a vampire: 26
Character's time in existence as a vampire: 20

Former Human Family: Mother (Deceased), Father (Deceased), Brother (Unknown), Sister (Kara / Alpha of a different colony)
The Vampire who created your character: Brendan O'Conner (Alpha of an Ireland colony)
Currant colony ties: N/A; left colony for no apparent reason. Missing. Used to be Alpha of a western colony.

Julius Radke

Character's Name: Julius Radke
Character's age when he became a vampire: 23
Character's time in existence as a vampire: 15

Former Human Family: Mother (Living), Father (Deceased)
The Vampire who created your character: Devon Stiles (Alpha of western colony)
Currant colony ties: N/A; abandoned colony after Devon vanished, used to be a Beta. Living among humans and forgoing vampire contact.
Other: Julius became blind at some unknown point in the three years between Devon's disappearance and the time when Olivia entered the city.

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
@AutoTune:
Here are Devon and Julius!  :-) Devon looks a bit scruffy and plain for a vampire, I suppose, but that's intentional on his part. No need to prove that he's an Alpha through appearance when he had no need to - he was already known as one. Julius became blind shortly after Devon left, and I'm thinking that maybe the Hawkens had something to do with it, and they are also perhaps part of the reason why he fled. *Plotting*

Devon Stiles

Character's Name: Devon Stiles
Character's age when he became a vampire: 26
Character's time in existence as a vampire: 20

Former Human Family: Mother (Deceased), Father (Deceased), Brother (Unknown), Sister (Kara / Alpha of a different colony)
The Vampire who created your character: Brendan O'Conner (Alpha of an Ireland colony)
Currant colony ties: N/A; left colony for no apparent reason. Missing. Used to be Alpha of a western colony.

Julius Radke

Character's Name: Julius Radke
Character's age when he became a vampire: 23
Character's time in existence as a vampire: 15

Former Human Family: Mother (Living), Father (Deceased)
The Vampire who created your character: Devon Stiles (Alpha of western colony)
Currant colony ties: N/A; abandoned colony after Devon vanished, used to be a Beta. Living among humans and forgoing vampire contact.
Other: Julius became blind at some unknown point in the three years between Devon's disappearance and the time when Olivia entered the city.

Accepted!

All recent sign-ups should be up in the Accepted Profiles post shortly, I promise; very sorry for the delay.

Sounds great! Devon is an NPC, or something of the sort, I presume. We can probably assume that he's dead. Or injured. Or locked away in a dungeon somewhere.  >:) I'm still trying to figure out if I want Julius to be an actual character, or an NPC. Hrm.

Oh? A fellow 3DS owner? :D *Happy dance*
They are such a pain to type on - so don't worry. I can't seem to write anything decent unless it's on my laptop or one my iPhone. ^,^;;

Yup I got a 3DS, ;D And it's horrible to use effectively for roleplay managing. I need a computer to put accepted profiles in the accepted post and make edits in intro threads! D:
Curse you, 3DS. >.<

Offline Miss Red

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 09:05:23 PM »
Yup I got a 3DS, ;D And it's horrible to use effectively for roleplay managing. I need a computer to put accepted profiles in the accepted post and make edits in intro threads! D:
Curse you, 3DS. >.<

*Pats on back*
I feel your pain. Awesome game graphics, but useless for editing posts.  :-( But hey, 3D visuals are pretty awesome, am I right, or am I right?  :P

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 09:13:38 PM »
Totaaally. Awesome-sauce graphics indeed.

You have a lot of friendly mentors greeting you in your introduction thread, by the way. :-3 I think you should go and say hello.

Offline Miss Red

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 10:45:04 PM »
*Pumps fist*

Yes, I know. I'm planning on answering them all tonight - I would've done it sooner, but I kept getting distracted. D:

Offline Talli

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 01:57:48 AM »
I do have a question, can a vampire go rogue? The idea behind my character is that the vampire had meant to kill off his prey but she had lived despite what happened mind you she doesn't remember anything nor will she ever really remember. The man who made her finds out and taunts her later on but that would be the extent of the violence. If this is not an applicable option perhaps he was in the process of changing her when him and his 3 beta's were attacked by a rival colony and she was thought dead and left there and so when she awoke the scene was horrific enough she has no recollection of what happened and is to have nothing of the past except maybe run into the person who killed her would be master and he just teases her a bit mocking her loneliness and hunger until finally taking pity and taking her in himself. Something of the sorts would work if neither of those would.

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 04:14:35 AM »
*Pumps fist*

Yes, I know. I'm planning on answering them all tonight - I would've done it sooner, but I kept getting distracted. D:

I get destracted too. I should be sleeping. xD

I do have a question, can a vampire go rogue? The idea behind my character is that the vampire had meant to kill off his prey but she had lived despite what happened mind you she doesn't remember anything nor will she ever really remember. The man who made her finds out and taunts her later on but that would be the extent of the violence. If this is not an applicable option perhaps he was in the process of changing her when him and his 3 beta's were attacked by a rival colony and she was thought dead and left there and so when she awoke the scene was horrific enough she has no recollection of what happened and is to have nothing of the past except maybe run into the person who killed her would be master and he just teases her a bit mocking her loneliness and hunger until finally taking pity and taking her in himself. Something of the sorts would work if neither of those would.
I would think it would be okay, but if you don't mind, try staying with in the PG-13 rating. :) No violent descriptions of gore or blood, guts and things if you please.
But sure, vampires can go rogue, created by accident, and/or be abandond or disowned by their creator vampires. I won't stop you from developing your character's backstory. ^,^ It sounds very interesting.

I will ninja-pounce you if you don't stay PG-13 though :-D

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 04:22:49 AM »
Update
The Roleplay Passcode is no longer:
Pyrimid of Sponges or The Cake is a Lie.

No major changes in the roleplay or accepted characters.
Roleplay Passcode was changed to make sure new character applicants read the rules.
Thank you. ^,^

Offline Talli

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2013, 04:54:36 AM »
Don't worry the only thing she remembers is 'cold lifeless bodies' and 'that face' neither of which should pass the pg 13 point, nor go into detail on blood nor other yucky things. The taunting of this pawn character I'm writing in my head merely teases her, she's all alone, look the lost stray found a home, but has she found her mommy? Her precious mommy that she cried for?

I know way to give it away but I want to make sure I'm not bordering any thing that will get me suddenly un approved.

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 05:06:23 AM »
Nah everything look okay.
Go ahead, your fine. ^,^

Offline Talli

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 05:09:13 AM »
Alright, I'm glad to hear :) so is there a limit to how many times a character should post per day? I mean aside from excessive self posting situations or 'monopolizing' I guess is what you would call it.

Offline Medias

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 05:11:48 AM »
oh godddd, i'm gonna have to read so much to catch up ;.;

sorry for not doing so sooner, had a cold and i really didn't feel like pushing my brain at all haha

Offline Medias

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 02:30:21 PM »
All caught up :3 just wondering, can i have my character as a sort of 'bounty hunter/sword for hire' type person?

I'm not sure exactly why yet, but he's not been a colony member for at least a few years now, and i get the feeling he's going to be a type of vampire looked down upon by nearly all others, since he takes work on for human clients mostly.

Offline Miss Red

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 03:10:10 PM »
@Medias:
I posted, so catch up again!  ;)

I wouldn't know if that's alright, but I assume it is, seeing how she basically gave us free rein with backgrounds. Not being a colony member for a few years entails that they're presumably a loner as well, which are typically (as per what I've gathered) looked down upon. I'm not totally positive if humans would impact that, seeing how there are probably a few vampires mainstreaming and living among humans instead of their own kind - but if Lunar is a bounty hunter who kills other members of the undead, I see why he'd be unwanted and outcast.

@AutoTune:
I didn't know quite what to post, since Helana's attention was directed towards Korra, but posted anyway :'D I dunno if it makes any sense, but yeah. I'd say I could edit it if it's not alright, but since I can't... 

Offline Medias

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 03:19:43 PM »
hmm, my idea is to have him hunting down persephone's character for annibelle ;P

would make a nice little conflict, don't you think? ;)

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2013, 10:30:43 PM »
@Medias:
I posted, so catch up again!  ;)

I wouldn't know if that's alright, but I assume it is, seeing how she basically gave us free rein with backgrounds. Not being a colony member for a few years entails that they're presumably a loner as well, which are typically (as per what I've gathered) looked down upon. I'm not totally positive if humans would impact that, seeing how there are probably a few vampires mainstreaming and living among humans instead of their own kind - but if Lunar is a bounty hunter who kills other members of the undead, I see why he'd be unwanted and outcast.

@AutoTune:
I didn't know quite what to post, since Helana's attention was directed towards Korra, but posted anyway :'D I dunno if it makes any sense, but yeah. I'd say I could edit it if it's not alright, but since I can't... 

That's partially correct, I would say; gennerally, depending on the personal views of individuals, Colony Vampires are protective of their territory, supply of available humans, and are especially wary of strangers if the colony is training young, vunurable vampires, who are easilly adoptable in other colonies.

Loners are more or less indipendent, and either don't like or don't prefer companionship with humans or vampires. Attitudes from both parties toward the other varies.

And your post looks fine. ^,^

All caught up :3 just wondering, can i have my character as a sort of 'bounty hunter/sword for hire' type person?

I'm not sure exactly why yet, but he's not been a colony member for at least a few years now, and i get the feeling he's going to be a type of vampire looked down upon by nearly all others, since he takes work on for human clients mostly.
A vampire who works for humans? *shudders* That sounds scary for vampires. Well....For some reason this makes me frown at the screen a little bit, I'm not sure.
If possible, he could 'drive out' aggressive loner vampires from overly congested territories, or he could be allowed as some kind of Alpha-Exterminator who randomly attack humans, or something. Right now, I made it a rule to not drive out colonies from their home bases, and to not go on rage-kill sprees. xD

Your character can be a certain kind of 'hunter' for the humans, I would just prefer a one that did'nt randomly kill or drive out every vampire in sight. Perhaps Problematic Vampires that are careless, aggressive or dangerous to humankind? Or maybe a *gulps* human body guard?
Up to you, I'll try not to restrain your ideas.
oh godddd, i'm gonna have to read so much to catch up ;.;

sorry for not doing so sooner, had a cold and i really didn't feel like pushing my brain at all haha
And that's okay. ^,^ You and your brain can take all the time it needs to be ready.
Alright, I'm glad to hear :) so is there a limit to how many times a character should post per day? I mean aside from excessive self posting situations or 'monopolizing' I guess is what you would call it.

Nope, no limitations, but it would make sense to wait a little bit for the person your interacting with to come back and reply first.

Did I answer all the questions? :D That was fun.

Offline Snapespersephone

• the innocent evil, the free Sweet
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • I was a good little girl.....then I was corrupted.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 10:37:46 PM »
hmm, my idea is to have him hunting down persephone's character for annibelle ;P

would make a nice little conflict, don't you think? ;)
uh I would prefer that you didn't please