You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
December 10, 2016, 06:24:04 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Supply Run  (Read 798 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DoncamielTopic starter

  • The Don: Raven
  • Liege
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Location: Head in the clouds, flying 'neath the moons
  • We're all mad here. Hell I've been mad for years
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Supply Run
« on: March 06, 2013, 03:05:50 AM »
Monkling pads through, leaning on her staff as she walks through the mostly empty streets of Blowby, so named because folks just tend to blow right on by it. 'Specially these days, since the end of the war. Well the War, anyway. There are usually all sorts of little battles here and there, but she does her best to keep her nose out of them, folks don't care much for wolf-witches like her anyway. Forget the arguments of yore against homosexuals and people of different races. Since the magical veil between the human and the less-than-human dropped, the human prejudices have been turned against the so called animals and devil worshipers. Which is what lands her clear out here, away from what might still be considered civilization.
She shifts her staff as she approaches a fruit vendor, picking through the apples.

Offline lindorable

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:10:55 AM »
Lola had lost her parents through the war, so she began wandering some days ago. She found herself in what looked like the remnants of an old town. Putting her nose to work, she sensed that there was another female wolf around. She was a little bit worried about this, since she was so young, but her parents had at least taught her how to morph into her wolven form. She sighed softly and seeked out the other wolf girl. When she approached the other, she put on her best smile. "Excuse me, Miss?"

Offline lindorable

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:12:55 AM »
((Ha ha I didn't mean remnant really.More or less, an old empty town))

Offline Kulgree

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 03:15:14 AM »
Has been at this market all damn day! He's getting the stink eye and just knows they're gouging the prices. At the moment he's haggling with the water vendor, very loudly. His fists are on his thick hips. "And I told you! I ain't payin' a fraction higher than ten credits per gallon!" He growls, knowing in the end he'll pay the ludicrous fifteen credits per gallon. His family can't do without the water this season and it's all over the vendor's stupid, sunburned face that he knows it too. Kulgree raises himself to his full height, towering over the vendor's bent form and bellows. "Get yer foolish head out'a yer ass! This is good money I'm offerin'!" He knows it's a lost cause, but he plans to go down fighting.

Offline DoncamielTopic starter

  • The Don: Raven
  • Liege
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Location: Head in the clouds, flying 'neath the moons
  • We're all mad here. Hell I've been mad for years
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Supply Run
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 03:22:10 AM »
She flicks an ear and glances up, smiling down at the pup, "Hey there, cutie, what can I do you for?" She sniffs the air, catching the unmistakable waft of travel. Another wolf-girl, which makes her smile a little warmer, s'always nice to run into like-kind these days. She glances at the fruit, "You hungry?" Her ear flicks again at the angry voice from the other side of the market, and she growls slightly, god damn, some people just don't know how to barter.

Offline lindorable

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 03:26:54 AM »
Lola smiles brightly, excited about the other's response to her presence. "Oh yes, please! I've lost my parents in the war, and have been surviving on small animals, like birds, rabbits, and stuff." She looks over to the man down the way from them. "He's another wolf like us, isn't he?" Man, wolves certainly do get angry, Lola's father definately got angry like that, but worse. Sometimes, he would tear down a whole forest!

Offline DoncamielTopic starter

  • The Don: Raven
  • Liege
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Location: Head in the clouds, flying 'neath the moons
  • We're all mad here. Hell I've been mad for years
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Supply Run
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 03:34:49 AM »
She nods, pressing a coin into the vendor's hand and giving the girl an apple while she finishes her own purchase, "He is. Good you've been hunting for yourself, but unfortunately just hunting doesn't do us a lot of good in this world. 'Specially in the last year." She pauses suddenly, realizing how she must sound, and shakes her head, "I'm sorry to hear about your folks though pup...things'll get better, one of these days...got a feelin' of it, you know?"

Offline Kulgree

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 03:39:17 AM »
Is fairly pleased to have talked the vendor down to thirteen credits. He arranges to make the pick up later after the stall closes and slips the man his credit slip. He takes a slip to verify his buy and grins, padding through the small crowds. He doesn't much notice how people just get out of his way as he walks, it's just the way it's always been. He tilts his head back and sniffs at the air, trying to smell out the other vendors he needs. Ah ha! Fruit, that's right. He makes he way toward the fruit stall, and can't help but grin at the pair of cuties already there. He closes in and gives a winning smile. "Hey there ladies. How're you t'day?" Well... when he isn't yelling his voice is still loud.

Offline lindorable

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 03:42:52 AM »
Lola gives a happy smile, then takes the crisp apple from the other.
Oh thank you!" She took a large bite from the apple, consuming almost half of it in one bite. She looked at the large male wolf from earlier, and took a couple steps back, frightened by him a little bit. She sniffed him a little bit and decided that he would be ok. Taking a single step forward, she put out her right paw, offering a handshake. "H-hello sir. My name is Lola." Her fluffy white tail was wagging intensely. She hadn't made contact with anyone other than a couple of Muggers on her journey. She took another bite of her apple, and another, until all that was left was the core.

Offline DoncamielTopic starter

  • The Don: Raven
  • Liege
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Location: Head in the clouds, flying 'neath the moons
  • We're all mad here. Hell I've been mad for years
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Supply Run
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 03:45:25 AM »
She winces a bit and sighs. Oh great. And he's flirting. Didn't he say something 'bout a family? Perv. She's tired of these assholes playing to the wolf stereotype. She sighs and shakes her head, pulling up another soft smile for him. "We're fine, thanks." She finishes her negotiations with the vendor and finalizes the sale, ending up paying 20 credits for a fair sized basket, down from 35. Of course, the humans were easy sometimes, if you're a furred woman. She watches the man carefully as the girl Lola steps up to him. She doesn't trust him...then again, she doesn't trust most folks these days.

Offline Kulgree

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 03:51:44 AM »
He bellows a laugh and takes the girl's hand. "Nice ta meet ya miss Lola! You remind me of my dear li'l sister, so ya do!" He gives a broad smile to the older woman. "Good ta hear! I really mean it. These guys can gouge the price fit ta kill sometimes!" He lets Lola go and puts his fists back on his hips. It's not really sure if he is posing or if he really is this much of a dip. "Name's Kulgree! Kulgree Goblinbane at yer service ladies!" He looks to the vendor, who is frankly unimpressed. "And while I'm at it, I'd like no less than two baskets of apples! I'll give ya a credit per pound." He smiles, knowing that his price is just ridiculous.

Offline lindorable

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 03:56:00 AM »
Lola Smiled brightly and looked around the area, having a sense that something wasn't right. The scruff on the back of her neck spiked up, and she let out a low feral growl. "Something is here...." This was definately not a human, not a wolf, or anything close to it. She went and climbed up a nearby tree to get a better look. She saw something, but she wasn't sure what it was. "Do either of you know what that is?"

Offline DoncamielTopic starter

  • The Don: Raven
  • Liege
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Location: Head in the clouds, flying 'neath the moons
  • We're all mad here. Hell I've been mad for years
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Supply Run
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 03:58:53 AM »
She blinks at that and shakes her head, the man just has no idea how to barter...She shrugs a bit and out of pure politeness nods to him. "Folks 'round here call me Monkling. Nice to meet you Kulgree." She turns a somewhat warmer smile on Lola before realizing she's wandered off. She flicks an ear, and lifts her nose, smelling nothing unusual. There's the scents of the market, food, water, sweaty humes and equally hot furred folks. There's a tiger wandering around, and she figures that's gotta be what the pup is smelling, "Probably just one of the other patrons of this lovely market, pup. Nothing to worry over."

Offline Kulgree

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 04:03:14 AM »
Watches Lola scramble away and chuckles. "Kids. Excitable bunch!" He frowns when he's informed that the apples are sold by the basket, but the pound. He growls and crosses his arms. "Right, so what? It's 35? That won't do at all! Call it ten and ya got a deal!" He smiles, as if his offer were very magnanimous indeed. He still turns to scent the air, wondering what could have spooked the girl. "Monkling's probably right, pup! Nothin' worth tha danger ever comes out this way!"

Offline lindorable

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 04:33:12 AM »
Lola sighed softly, and continued to keep watch in the tree she had nestled herself in. "People...Always underestimate the little ones." With a deep breath of air, she took a look around once more, this time she was looking for a watering hole where she could get a drink, and groom herself a little bit. She spotted a watering hole about a quarter of a mile away, and jumped down from the tree. Looking at the other two, she spoke, "I'm going to go get a drink, and groom myself a little bit." With that, she bounded off towards the watering hole, and dove right in, causing a splash the size of a large geyser.

Offline DoncamielTopic starter

  • The Don: Raven
  • Liege
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Location: Head in the clouds, flying 'neath the moons
  • We're all mad here. Hell I've been mad for years
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Supply Run
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 04:49:05 AM »
She watches the girl curiously for a moment, telling herself over and over that the poor pup isn't her responsibility. After about the sixth repetition she turns back to the fruit vendor, "Hey Jon, do me a favor...one more bag for the girl? I'll even pay full price." The vendor grunts at her, looking like he's about ready to believe her as he is to believe a unicorn popping out of her eye. "I'm good for it, you know I am. I'll even throw in a little potion for the nights." He considers her even longer, then grunts, and wraps up a bag of apples taking her credit, "Fine, I'll be by for the potion." He mutters, grudgingly.
Monkling can't help but smile. Humans. Hate you when it's magic, but when they think it's a potion they'll take it anyway.
She's forgotten about the tall male beside her when she turns around. Blinking she smiles a bit, "Ah...well then...good to meet you. Um. Mr. Goblinslayer." Was that the name he'd given? Did it matter?
She turns and hurries toward the fountain, "Hey, Lola..." She calls, waiting for the girl to come over.

Offline Kulgree

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 04:35:36 AM »
He watches the woman wander off after the girl. Something feels uneasy about the whole thing, would something in the market really spook her that bad? He glances at the fruit vendor and drops all pretense of haggling. "I'll take fifteen of your baskets at 21 credits a pop. Not a jot more." The vendor looks shocked at the reasonable offer, all of a sudden, and agrees. He arranges to pick them up later and follows the woman. Now why should he care what happens to these two? True, the little one really does remind him of his sister but so do all pups. Is it that he's attracted to the woman? Well sure, there is that, but he doesn't just chase every piece of tail he spots in the market, no matter how nice. No, something else is at work here. Being a man that hates a mystery, he plods off after them.

Offline lindorable

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 04:46:43 AM »
Lola looked up at the woman and jumped out of the water. "Yes Miss?" Vigorously she shook herself off. She looked over and watched as the other male came following after the woman. She suspected he had a bit of a crush on the woman.

Offline DoncamielTopic starter

  • The Don: Raven
  • Liege
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Location: Head in the clouds, flying 'neath the moons
  • We're all mad here. Hell I've been mad for years
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Supply Run
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 10:31:01 PM »
She smiles at her, noticing the other fellow following, but focuses on Lola, "You've got a bag of apples waiting for you, with the fruit vendor. And if you'd like, you can find yourself some other supplies. Water and meat, for example. Tell them Monkling is paying. Most of the vendors here know me pretty well, they'll know I'm good for my word."

Offline Kulgree

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 11:52:31 PM »
He stays at a distance. He can still hear them, so long as they don't drop their voices too low, but pretends to be interested in a nearby rock. All in all a bad performance of it too. He does, however, also manage to keep an eye out on the perimeter of the area. He isn't sure what the girl smelled, but he isn't willing to be caught off guard either.

Offline lindorable

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 04:16:30 AM »
Lola Sighed softly, "Well thank you M'lady, but, are you sure you don't want them? I don't want to be a burden on you." Her cheeks were flushed with embarrassment. She looked over  at the male once more and smirked. She flicked her tail against the water, causing a wave that splashed him. "What are you doing with that rock huh? Is it something special, like a diamond?" She giggled softly, then returned her attention back to Monkling.

Offline DoncamielTopic starter

  • The Don: Raven
  • Liege
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Location: Head in the clouds, flying 'neath the moons
  • We're all mad here. Hell I've been mad for years
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Supply Run
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 04:22:54 AM »
Monkling smirks, then chuckles when the pup splashes the male, shaking her head lightly. Biting her lip and swallowing the laughter she turns back to the girl and nods. "Absolutely." She says, sounding very positive, "I don't like to see a pup in your situation. It's hard enough trying to chase down rodents in this damn unforgiving world. So long as there are those out there who are still able to sell decent food, we should at least be able to partake in that." She nods, "You'll figure out a way to support yourself, I've no doubt. And I'm just helping you out along that road."
The truth is, she'd offer the girl a place to sleep as well, if she herself had a regular place. These days though she's lucky to find a lean-to to duck under and avoid the hot rains. She's become a forced wanderer, setting herself up a local business and selling her wares for a place to spend the night. It isn't always the safest option, but the last few months, since the fire took her cottage...well it's been the only option.

Offline Kulgree

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 04:34:19 AM »
He blinks at the splashing, looking down at his soaked fur. He'd be angry about it but... well he just can't be mad at the cute little pup. He scratches at his ear and shrugs. "I don't think so, but could be! I mean, rare gems just lie around on the ground right?" He winces, that having come out far more sarcastic than he'd intended. He gives up the pretense and pads closer to the two of them. He hunkers down near the water, dipping up a handful and sniffing at it before tipping it back in. "She's right. Yer a pretty smart pup, you'll figure it out. But in the meantime, don't drink too much'a this water. Ain't poison, but it ain't clean either." He stays where he is, looking out at the distance and trying to place the uneasy feeling in his gut. He looks up at the woman after a long moment. "Hey, you smell anything odd out here?"

Offline lindorable

Re: Supply Run
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 03:22:44 AM »
Lola smiled softly at Monkling and nodded her head. "My parents raised me well enough so that I would at least know what to do in the midst of trouble. They even left me a cottage in a gated area. That's actually where I was heading before I met you two." She dunked herself under water and pulled back out, climbing out and shaking herself off. She turned to the man and nodded. "Yes sir, yes I do."

Offline DoncamielTopic starter

  • The Don: Raven
  • Liege
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Location: Head in the clouds, flying 'neath the moons
  • We're all mad here. Hell I've been mad for years
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Supply Run
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 04:10:25 AM »
She flicks an ear and glances back at the man. Then back at the girl. She seems pretty confident and Kulgree seems...well he's starting to seem a little fidgety. She frowns but lifts her nose again, sniffing the air. There's something that smells a little like...rot. Spoiled meat. But in a market place on a hot day like this that's nothing new. Then again her nose has never been fantastic. She slowly shakes her head no. "No. Spoiled meat perhaps, but that's not particularly odd...not today."