Ok, time I got started putting up my profiles, lol. Feeling good today but, that could be because I got to sleep in until 12:30 in the afternoon, which I hardly ever do. Latest I usually sleep in is about 10 or 11 but man it felt good! xD Name: Brathus Alanil
- NPCRace: Dark Elf/DunmerClass: Rogue Archetype: Alignment: Lawful Evil Age: 210 Height: 6'0" Weight: 175 lbs Appearance:
Brathus is handsome even by Elf standards, his cool light grey skin, silvery white hair, white eyebrows and blue eyes give him a fair, even fragile appearance, and stands in stark contrast to a lot of his race, especially because of how young he is. He maintains a lithe muscularity, allowing him to make full use of his Elven agility and speed. He usually dresses very well, taking full advantage of his wealthy roots, dressing in high quality silks, and his traveling gear is not exempt in this, as he takes very good care of it. He wears light armor when traveling and uses a sword and dagger combo in combat. He also has use of his inherited Elven magical abilities and is able to summon an Ancestral Wraith, encase himself in a fiery cloak, and uses Destruction Magic, all of which make him a deadly opponent. Equally deadly however, is his intelligence which those that have underestimated him have come to regret, since, his father is Guild Master of the Thieves Guild, and his mother is the current Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. Personality:
Because of his wealthy upbringing, the skills he's acquired through years of training, his inherent magical abilities, his political power, and the recent success of revitalizing the Blackwood Company he tends to be quite cocky and expects to get his way. The sad thing is, he usually does one way or another. If it wasn't his appreciation for the rigorous training, and his willingness to work hard to get what he wants, he truly would be a spoiled brat like how most people see him. He's often arrogant, and quick to anger despite his talent in speech, whether it be used for negotiating politics, encouraging his men, or handing out orders.
Whether he has a "silver tongue" or "forked tongue" often depends on how difficult others make things for him. He's often been heard saying that men in his position don't have problems but, nothing could be further from the truth. Because of his malicious nature, he views most of his men as pawns on a chess board, though he does care for his four generals, who have been long time friends of his. The game of chess, though rare, is one of his favorite games, and he tends to compare those in power to game pieces to be used at his disposal. He craves knowledge like a street beggar craves food, and it is perhaps his biggest weakness of all, as he will go to sometimes unimaginable lengths to verify any rumors that have been spread, the goal being that it will lead him to further riches and glory.
All of this however, is just a pretense as his secret desire is to be rid of the threat that his parents have proven to be. Often times, when his parents have visited him, it is to warn him to stay away from a specific person, or area, lest he encroach on their territory and if their visit doesn't center around a warning, then they have a task for him to complete to further their own ends, which often ends with him taking any number of amount of lives to complete his goal, a fact which disgusts him to no end as he enjoys the battles of the mind, and the challenge that politics present. His true goal is to one day be a Senator, or a Jarl, but, he knows that he can never complete this goal as long as his parents live, for they keep him ever in their grasp, and on a extremely short leash. As such, he plays "roles" and wears "masks" to cover his true feelings but, make no mistake, he is not above killing to further his own goals, ironically much like his parents.Biography:
* Brathus is born in Marrowind.
* 5 years later Brathus starts his schooling. Father plays hide and seek with son, training him how to sneak.
* 1 year later Brathus begins his training in Destruction, Illusion, and Alteration magics, which is supervised by both his parents. Tensions between parents are high. Sneak training proceeds.
* 1 year later Brathus begins his swordsman training, starting with daggers at the age of 7, which is supervised by his father. Father and son grow closer. Sneak training proceeds.
* 1 year later Brathus is switched to advanced classes for his general schooling, his parents feeling that general schooling being too easy for their son. Brathus readily agrees. The young Alanil improves steadily in his spell casting training. At the end of the year Brathus is an honor's student. Father and son grow closer, while the mother grows distant. Brathus improves in his Sneak training marginally.
* 1 year later Brathus is still an honor's student in the advanced classes, has won his first fight but, lost the second fight, and his parents decide that private schooling is in order. Brathus has a hard time with this because of the friends he's made but, is helpless to do anything. Father and son grow closer, mother tries to interfere in their relationship via the private schooling. Brathus improves in his Sneak training but, begins to question the use of it. His father tells him that it is to help him survive without them, should something happen.
* 3 months later Brathus is enrolled in a private school at the age of 10. His training in Destruction, Alteration, and Illusion magic still goes well, and the schools of Conjuration and Restoration are added. Brathus finds it more difficult than the others, as it requires a solid will to conjure any other worldly being, and "unlearning" destruction magic. Father is missed as Guild business grows, mother and son reluctantly grow closer. Brathus begins to wonder what his parents jobs are. Parents are elusive.
* 2 years later Brathus first attempt at summoning a lesser Daedra is almost his last, when he lets his fear of the Dremora override his will. Luckily, his Mother intervenes, giving the teacher enough time to gather the strength to banish it back to Oblivion. His training in daggers is almost complete by this time, and longsword training is introduced. Father is back from Guild business much to the disappointment of his wife, as it is her belief that young Brathus is beginning to warm to her, and she to him. Brathus still prefers his father. Mother grows cold out of jealousy and anger. Parents argue. Brathus learns his father is the head of the Thieves Guild, and that his mother is the Listener for the Dark Brotherhood. Brathus doesn't understand and begins questioning his private teacher. Teacher is elusive. Brathus asks parents. Parents are elusive. Mother is disapproving of Brathus questioning them, and his "sneak training". Father promises to tell him when he's a little older. Teacher goes "missing". Brathus' sneak training improves.
* 2 years later their family moves to Cyrodiil's Imperial City, and Brathus learns what it is his father and mother actually do at the age of 14, through his father. Brathus connects the dots and is mortified. Mother begins to show her true self, and deals "harshly" with Brathus for keeping in contact with his old school friends behind her back through letters, while his father is restrained and forced to watch. Parents argue and draw blades on each other. Brathus interferes impressing both parents.
* 10 years later Brathus now understands his parents role in the world, as well as his parents vision for him in their worlds. He is now a competent duelist, and has adopted his dagger and longsword fighting style. His training in Destruction, Alteration, Illusion, and Conjuration magic is complete, and he is told to advance any further in these areas he will need to attend the Arcane University. Brathus rejects that idea much to the disappointment of his father, and the admiration of his mother, and instead decides to forge his own destiny and learn what he can about running a guild.
* Brathus joins the Arena at the age of 25.
* Brathus joins the Mages' and Fighters Guilds at the age of 26.
* Brathus learns all he feels he needs to about politics, and running a business at the age of 27. Contact with an old friend, Lurz, an Orc is established.
* 3E 360- 50 years later Brathus is now 77 years old, and his skill with the sword and dagger technique is famous, his rank within the Guilds increases, he is a reputable spell caster, and he now works for his parents, while still trying to maintain a clean reputation. Lurz and Brathus grow really close. Contact with old school friends is established, and their friendships grow. Brathus creates the "Four Swordsmen Mercenary group" and they travel around Tamriel gaining glory and a good reputation. Eventually Brathus leaves the Mages Guild, and he focuses on securing a base of operations for his mercenary group, now renamed "The Four Swordsmen" by the public, and now operates out of Cheydinhal. The Four Swordsmen expands to accept other warriors, tensions arise with the Fighters Guild. Four Swordsmen ally themselves with the Fighters Guild publicly.
* 13 years later Brathus and his 4 friends are run out of The 4 Swordsman during a coupe. Brathus and friends leave Cheydinhal, and travel to Bravil.
* 1 week later everyone in The 4 Swordsman Guild are killed but, no bodies are recovered. The house they operated out of his dubbed "haunted" and left abandoned. Brathus and his friends wander Tamriel in search of adventure.
* 20 years later Brathus comes back to Cyrodiil and the Blackwood Company attracts his attention, headed by a Kahjiit by the name of Ri'Zakar. Brathus keeps and eye on their progress and activities, through local papers, former employers, eye witnesses, other guild contacts, and occasionally through friends of friends. Brathus and friends continue to take quests from the Fighters Guild, and whoever has enough coin to hire them.
* 50 years later 3E 433. The Oblivion Crisis begins and ends with the death of Martin Septim, the last of the Dragonking Emperors, and the disbandment of the Blackwood Company. Brathus talks to his friends about reestablishing the Blackwood Company, and begin preparation work to that end.
* 4E Year 1 Brathus recreates the Blackwood Company and leaves the Fighters Guild. His 3 friends follow suit and he makes them Lieutenants within the guild. Campaigning for recruitment begins. Within the first year they attract over 40 people with their new recruitment rules and processes, most of whom were at one time criminals, bandits. Some from the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild have joined as well, to keep tabs on him for his parents, though Brathus pretended to feign ignorance. Tensions between the Fighters Guild and the Blackwood Company arise again and Brathus makes it clear that they will be taking on jobs too "unsavory" or "too risky" for the Fighters Guild to handle, and the rivalry between the Fighters Guild and Blackwood Company begins anew.
* 4E Year 50- Brathus has been running the Blackwood Company for 49 years now, and though how he accepts a contract is not to his liking, as his parents tell him what contracts to disregard, as it could step on the toes of either the Dark Brotherhood, or the Thieves Guild, he has done amazingly with his limitations. The Blackwood Company is thriving, despite his mother's continued hostility toward him, as the Blackwood Company has been known to take assassination jobs. A fact which greatly amuses Brathus, as the Blackwood Company has become powerful enough to protect itself now, and the fact that Brathus as people loyal to him in the Dark Brotherhood. That doesn't mean that his mother doesn't see the benefit of murdering a few of his men and sending him body parts from time to time, just to keep him in line. Whether his mother knows of the men loyal to him in her "family" is uncertain.
Relations with his father, who is still head of the Thieves Guild currently, have only improved as Brathus provides yet another place for his father's fences to reside, as well as security for any number of valuables that come through Blackwood Company territories. Ofcourse, Brathus and the Company get a portion of the loot too for services rendered. Lately some disturbing rumors have come up, and Brathus has been summoned to The College of Winterhold in Skyrim for a "meeting of the ages", as all Guild Masters are invited to meet to discuss the situation. He has already received word that the Fighters Guild has been ordered by the Imperials to attend the meeting, and since the Blackwood Company is also concerned with public safety, lead to further profits, and further their reputation, Brathus has accepted the invitation and now travels with two of his friends to Winterhold...Gear and Weaponry:
Hooded Travelers cloak, customized leather armor, leather boots of feather, leather gauntlets of the swordsman, sleeping bag, Ebony Longsword, Daedric dagger, water pouch, leather backpack: (2) healing potions (10), magic potions (10), potions of cure disease (10), spark rock, sharpening rock, torches (10), charred cloth, and one blanket. Black Stallion (1) - "Myrkr" which when translated simply means "dark". Name: Skjoldr Bear-Claw
-NPCRace: Nord/WerewolfClass: Warrior Archetype: Alignment: Nuetral Good Age: 45 Height: 6'4 Weight: 240 lbs Appearance:
Skjoldr is known to be a fierce warrior, and his appearance certainly confirms this. An eye patch covers what remains of his left eye, where a long jagged scar can be seen that starts at the top of his forehead and ends at his left cheek. A nordic tattoo covers his right cheek, and even there there is a scar, though it is smaller and less noticeable as his long black hair, and thickly trimmed beard make it harder to discern. Often he is said to have a "wild" look in his eye, as that of an animal, and some say more specifically that of a wolf when he is angry, or in the midst of a battle, making him very intimidating. Very few outside of the "Circle" of Companions know of his true heritage though, that he is actually a Werewolf. Skjoldr is one of the few Companions to have a familial lineage in the Companions, as his deceased father was one as well, and as such he wears the Wolf Armor of the Companions anytime he is in Jorrvaskr, the Companion's mead hall, or traveling. His weapon of choice is a Skyforge Steel Claymore but, he has no back up weapon, preferring to rely on his fists and brute strength should he need to. Personality:
Approachable, kind, generous, self sacrificing, fierce, proud, loyal, and honorable are among the qualities that best describe Skjoldr Bear-Claw.
Skjoldr, like any true Nord, likes to swap tales of adventure and his "conquests of women" over a stout drink, but in conversation other than on those two subjects though, he tends to be straight to the point if he doesn't know you well. Also like many Nords though, he has a dislike for Elves, especially High Elves or Altmer, as they were usually the cause of trouble and wars in the past, not to mention that most of them arrogant in his eyes. Actions rather than words also tend to impress him more than anything, as his warrior lifestyle demands. As a friend you could ask for no one finer, as he would jump into the realm of Oblivion alone if need be to help, or defend a friend. Loyalty is also one of the qualities that he holds in high regard, and displays to friends and his fellow Companions.
He views the Companions as his family, and as such takes great pains to make sure that their home is cared for financially, and in it's upkeep, though doing math isn't one of his strong points, and paperwork in general tends to annoy him. He's often been quoted as saying that he'd "rather take on a Giant, or a Mammoth, or a whole mountain of Bandits, rather than be stuck at his desk going over a mountain of paperwork."
As such, he makes sure to get whatever paperwork he does have done, so that he can enjoy his friends company, his mead, and any adventures that crop up.
Politics are another thing he feels that is just best to be avoided, as it tends to just get in the way of most things in his opinion. "I'd sooner cut down squabbling Jarls rather than listen to'em squabble about gods knows what"
he's also been known to say, though only to the closest of his friends. He does recognize that politics have a place in the world, to ensure peace in the world but, once you stray out of that area, he finds it useless. His knowledge of tactics taught to him by his father, is one of the many reasons that the previous Harbinger passed the role onto him. His love of the Companions, and his friends outweighs any loyalty he has to the land, or any Jarl for that matter, and he would willingly sacrifice himself in order to protect even one of his fellow Companions. To him, The Companions, family, and friends come first and everything else is secondary at best. Biography:
Skjoldr was born to Haalfigyr Bear-Claw and his wife Anya in Windhelm. The Bear-Claw clan was one of the more well known clans of Skyrim for their warriors, and because that this clan could trace their descendants all the way back to Ysgramor's time. As such they were heavily involved with the Companions. Skjoldr's father was also a Companion and trained him early in life on how to fight, first starting with unarmed combat training, starting at the young age of 5. By the time he was in his teens he was already going out with his father to hunt, and learning how to shoot a bow, fish, set traps, sneak, how to ambush animals, and began learning the ways of the sword. During this time he became especially close to the Harbinger, who loved telling stories to any that would listen. Skjoldr loved hearing the recounting of Ysgramor and his men, and tried to commit as much as he could to memory, all the while training with the more experienced Companions in the ways of the sword. His skills in these areas increased over the years and by the time he was in his early 20's, his parents trusted him enough to let him hunt on his own, also by this time he was accompanying some of the Companions on adventures and quests, and was even entrusted to handle smaller jobs on his own, like traveling to a city to rough someone up so that they'd fulfill their responsibilites.
Skjoldr was alot like his mother at this time, never stopping, and always busy with something, whether it was training with Companion members to increase his sword, and unarmed skills, or helping the Whiterun guard in keeping the streets safe from bandits, or predatory animals. However, he got his brute mannerisms, and straight shooting speech from his father, something that got him into trouble at times, especially when he went to the local Inn for a drink. The Companions tried to teach him how to interact with nobles, civilians, how to act as a team member when in a squad, and how to treat bandits when he came across them on the road. Most importantly of all though, he was taught to respect life, in all it's forms. Unfortunately though, he was already prejudiced against magic, magic users, and Elves, because of everything that he'd heard about both groups from his friends, and the general populace of Skyrim. Eventually though, his prejudice against Elves would dissipate, as would his prejudice against magic, and those that used it but, this wouldn't be until he'd lost his right eye to an Orc raider fifteen years later, and Braeyawiin, an archer, and a female Wood Elf that was part of the Companions helped stop the bleeding with magic.
By the time he was in his mid-twenties, he was beginning to shine as a swordsman, and to further challenge himself began learning how to wield Claymores, since he always liked the weapons, and admired how tough and strong the men, and women, that used them often were. During this time, he also began to be put into smaller groups of younger Companions and sent on tougher missions. His father then thought it time that he taught his son some basic tactics, and strategies for when planning an assault on a fort, should the need ever arise. Skjoldr took in everything that anybody taught him to heart, for he wanted to be an honorable warrior, like his father, and to be remembered in songs like the Companions of old were.
His 30's began to get a little more exciting, for he was then entrusted with leading others on missions, and handling tougher quests by himself, things like clearing a road of dangerous beasts, killing a particularly troublesome Giant, escorting a caravan of merchants to the next city over, clearing a cave of wizards that were causing trouble, or rescuing someone from a fort filled with bandits. Ofcourse by this time, he was well versed in sword techniques, and proficient in handling a Claymore. He also went out on his own more often, into the wild to survive on his own with the knowledge that his father passed onto him. Though alot of the missions were similar in description, every one of them was different in some way, so he never got tired of his life, or wanted to do anything else.
When he turned 35, things started to take a downward turn, starting with a mission to escort a merchant caravan from Riften to Falkreath. During the trip, the caravan came under attack by a bandit raiding party, the leader, an Orc, managed to take out Skjoldr's right eye before Braeyawiin, the merchant caravan's archer put an arrow through the Orc leader's head. Skjoldr was bleeding badly, and they were in the middle of no where, between the expanse of land between Riften and Windhelm, and a storm was on the way. Skjoldr resisted at first but, finally allowed Brae to stop the bleeding with her magic. Skjoldr insisted they continue on after that, refusing to turn towards Kynesgrove to seek out a better magic user to tend to Skjoldr's eye, and because of that choice, lost the use of his eye in the process. Shortly after, he fell sick in a storm, and again magic had to be used on him to keep him alive. He adjusted his views on magic and Elves after that, realizing that not all Elves were evil, and not all magic users were obsessed with power. Finally, after a month, they arrived at Falkreath where they parted ways. Skjoldr boarded a wagon and headed back home to Whiterun.
Two days after his arrival back in Whiterun, the Harbinger of the Companions died, but, not before naming his successor. Skjoldr. The young Nord had no schooling for the job, and quickly learned to hate paperwork but, he gradually began to understand how things worked with the help of his parents, and some of the older brothers and sisters of the Companions. A year later, he felt competent in his role as Harbinger but, still relief heavily on those more experienced than himself, showing great maturity and humility, thus earning the respect due the Harbinger. Two weeks later, his parents died, his father died on a hunting expedition, killed by a Sabre Cat, and his mother dying from both sickness and heartbreak. It was then that he saw how unified the Companions were, and that they truly were a family.
Ten years later he still retains the rank of Harbinger, and has managed to hold his head above water while navigating the currents of book keeping, accounting, and politics when necessary, though he tries to keep out of politics as much as he can. A rumor has been circulating in Skyrim, that something terrible has been wiping out whole villages in a night, although on what this terrible thing is no one is quite sure, and opinions vary as much as the imagination of those asked. His interest in this rumor was naturally piqued, and he saw possible glory for the Companions in undertaking a quest to see if the rumors were true but, it was the letter from Cyrodiil's Emperor and the words of the Jarl of Whiterun that finally convinced him to make travel preparations to Winterhold to attend a meeting of the Guilds. Seeing no reason to delay any further, he mounted Brymja and rode to Winterhold, after choosing a experienced Companion member by the name of Galamar, to see to the eventual quest, as he was unfortunately still needed back in Whiterun. Currently, he and Galamar are waiting in Winterhold's Inn until the meeting starts. Gear and Weaponry:
Skyforge Steel Claymore, Skyforge Steel Longsword, Skyforge Steel Dagger (2), Wolf Armor (complete set), traveling cloak, water pouch, sleeping bag, spark rock, sharpening stone, charred cloth, torches (5), healing potion (6), cure disease potion (3), and restore stamina potion (6). White Stallion (1)- "Brymjafotr" which when translated means "Thunder foot". He calls his horse Brymja for short. Name: Illindale Folvyn Race: Dark Elf/DunmerClass: Ranger Archetype: Alignment: Age: 300 Height: 60 Weight: 260 lbs Appearance: Personality: Biography: Gear and Weaponry: Name: Denna Talondale Race: half Nord half High Elf (Altmer)Class: Warrior Archetype: Alignment: Age: 28 Height: Weight: Appearance: Personality: Biography: Gear and Weaponry: Name: Orok Logarl Race: Orc/OrsimerClass: Warrior Archetype: Alignment: Age: 37 Height: Weight: Appearance: Personality: Biography: Gear and Weaponry: Name: Galamar the Wanderer Race: Nord/WerewolfClass: Warrior Archetype: Alignment: Age: 30 Height: Weight: Appearance: Personality: Biography: Gear and Weaponry: Name: Zurik Theldyn Race: Dark Elf/DunmerClass: Mage Archetype: Alignment: Age: 400 Height: 6'0" Weight: 200 lbs Appearance: Personality: Biography: Gear and Weaponry: