You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 04:18:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Could a screen name be changed?  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Formless

Re: Could a screen name be changed?
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 02:39:08 PM »
How long would it take for my name to change once the staffer do it?

I mean when the staffer puts in the command. Does it change immediately? Or is there a duration for it to happen?

Offline Cecilia

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 02:44:17 PM »
How long would it take for my name to change once the staffer do it?

I mean when the staffer puts in the command. Does it change immediately? Or is there a duration for it to happen?

Here's how it works.

A member decides on a new screen name and checks to see if it is available.
That member sends a request to a staffer
The staffer posts the request for a quick review and reminds the member this is a one time change and that the user name is going to remain the same
A staff member makes sure that the member hasn't had a name change before and staff weigh in on the name
A staffer changes the name or tells the member why their request is denied.

If, for example, someone said they wanted their name changed to Ceciliaa, I would have my private little hissy fit and say "no" just the same as if someone wanted to change their name to Mithlemwen or Valeriana or something too close to a staff member's name so as to cause confusion. 

Offline Formless

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 03:00:21 PM »
That was very helpful , Cecilia.

I just wanted to familiarize myself with the procedure.

And not to worry. If I ever consider changing , I'll be sure not to cause any hissy fits. ::)

Offline Sarena

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2013, 05:01:29 PM »
Here's how it works.

A member decides on a new screen name and checks to see if it is available.
That member sends a request to a staffer
The staffer posts the request for a quick review and reminds the member this is a one time change and that the user name is going to remain the same
A staff member makes sure that the member hasn't had a name change before and staff weigh in on the name
A staffer changes the name or tells the member why their request is denied.

If, for example, someone said they wanted their name changed to Ceciliaa, I would have my private little hissy fit and say "no" just the same as if someone wanted to change their name to Mithlemwen or Valeriana or something too close to a staff member's name so as to cause confusion.

Well damn, there goes my entertainment for this weekend!   ::)