News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Facebook 'green screen' avatar

Started by CmdrRenegade, March 03, 2013, 03:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CmdrRenegade

Lately, on Facebook, I've been seeing a lot of people who have replaced their avatars with a featureless neon green 'screen'.  I know that this is to show solidarity for something, but I have no idea what it is.  Can someone tell me?

"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Beguile's Mistress

Seems like the visual effects industry needs to get organized, publicized and competitive with other markets if it wants to get what it feels it deserves.  Every industry deals with competition from other countries.  It's a fact of life that has to be dealt with in a pragmatic way.  I agree that people who work for a living should be compensated in a manner commensurate with their abilities and contributions to projects but once that is done it is also their responsibility to streamline their operations, cut the dead wood and inspire efficiency from their work force. 

CGI and digital visual effects are still new to many of us and the intricacies of the process are little known.  Had the organizers of the protest taken advantage of another, related industry, that of the publicists, they might have received more notice.  They aren't alone on the plant or in the industry.  Instead of bemoaning the fact that no one paid attention they should give us something to pay attention to.