You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 24, 2016, 07:39:59 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Facebook 'green screen' avatar  (Read 312 times)

Offline CmdrRenegadeTopic starter

Facebook 'green screen' avatar
« on: March 03, 2013, 03:34:39 PM »
Lately, on Facebook, I've been seeing a lot of people who have replaced their avatars with a featureless neon green 'screen'.  I know that this is to show solidarity for something, but I have no idea what it is.  Can someone tell me?

Offline Caeli

Offline Shjade

Re: Facebook 'green screen' avatar
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 04:05:35 PM »
That's...kinda fucked up. :|

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Facebook 'green screen' avatar
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 04:12:44 PM »
Seems like the visual effects industry needs to get organized, publicized and competitive with other markets if it wants to get what it feels it deserves.  Every industry deals with competition from other countries.  It's a fact of life that has to be dealt with in a pragmatic way.  I agree that people who work for a living should be compensated in a manner commensurate with their abilities and contributions to projects but once that is done it is also their responsibility to streamline their operations, cut the dead wood and inspire efficiency from their work force. 

CGI and digital visual effects are still new to many of us and the intricacies of the process are little known.  Had the organizers of the protest taken advantage of another, related industry, that of the publicists, they might have received more notice.  They aren't alone on the plant or in the industry.  Instead of bemoaning the fact that no one paid attention they should give us something to pay attention to.