You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 10:11:19 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Any good recent PC games out there?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline BeorningTopic starter

Re: Any good recent PC games out there?
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
Alright... I'll consider Bioshock, then. And this Alan Wake thing - I just watched the trailer and it looks kind of intriguing.

Regarding other games I missed when they came out - what about Assassin's Creed? Is it any good? What's it about?

Oh, and any opinions on Civilization IV and V? I actually read some pretty negative comments on the latest one...

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 02:50:19 PM »
As much as I love XCOM, I did have to question why they could only field a single team at a time when you could have 18 back at base.  But I agree with Sel and Lunar, it's a great game.

And a fun 'fact', Ken Levine (the creator of Bioshock and the lead of Infinite) has been said to disavow Bioshock 2.

Offline Sel Nar

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 03:26:58 PM »
And a fun 'fact', Ken Levine (the creator of Bioshock and the lead of Infinite) has been said to disavow Bioshock 2.

Only because Irrational games (Levine's Studio) didn't make Bioshock 2; Instead, Arkane Studios (the madmen that made Dishonored) did, while still under the 2K games label. So, while Bioshock 2 may not be 'canon' according to Levine, It's canon according to everyone that's played it and finds its Anti-Extreme Collectivisim Message to be just as relevant as Bioshock 1's Anti-Extreme Objectivism Message.

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 07:18:19 PM »
You lost me at collectivism.

Offline Sel Nar

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 08:20:21 PM »
Tl;Dr, Bioshock 2 takes a good firm poke at 'Creating Utopia through pure altruism', aka. 'Pure' Collectivism as a philosophy, just as Bioshock took a good firm poke at if a nation built entirely on the principles of Objectivism (aka. Ayn Randianism, aka. 'Fuck you all got mine'ism)

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 07:36:09 AM »
Only because Irrational games (Levine's Studio) didn't make Bioshock 2; Instead, Arkane Studios (the madmen that made Dishonored) did, while still under the 2K games label. So, while Bioshock 2 may not be 'canon' according to Levine, It's canon according to everyone that's played it and finds its Anti-Extreme Collectivisim Message to be just as relevant as Bioshock 1's Anti-Extreme Objectivism Message.
Well, it doesn't really matter because Infinite takes place before Rapture was even made.