You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 04:15:51 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Affordable Care Act: Thoughts on the Law with 2014 Almost Here  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Valthazar

• Writer ͏͏● Educator ● Gamer ● Roleplayer ● Debater ● Tech Connoisseur ● Gym Rat ● Procrastinator ● As they say, "A simple PM may lead to lifelong friendship" ▬▬▬▬
  • Suspended
  • Seducer
  • Proceed and be bold. Embrace your insecurities.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Affordable Care Act: Thoughts on the Law with 2014 Almost Here
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2013, 09:32:37 PM »
Well, I am planning to open up more part-time positions, to get the same amount of work done, now that I have to cut full-time peoples' hours.  I guess in one way it is good, because it creates more part-time jobs.  The result though, will be an increase in the number of people going into Medicaid (as opposed to employer subsidized private insurance).  I am not very familiar with the details, but the end result will be an expansion of government provided healthcare, I believe.

Offline Ephiral

• The Firebrand Logica | Gender Ninja | Their Toy
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Location: In between the lines, outside of the law, underneath the veil
  • Carpe diem per sol delenda.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Affordable Care Act: Thoughts on the Law with 2014 Almost Here
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2013, 12:18:00 AM »
Well, I am planning to open up more part-time positions, to get the same amount of work done, now that I have to cut full-time peoples' hours.  I guess in one way it is good, because it creates more part-time jobs.  The result though, will be an increase in the number of people going into Medicaid (as opposed to employer subsidized private insurance).  I am not very familiar with the details, but the end result will be an expansion of government provided healthcare, I believe.
And if this expansion is happening at a net decrease in costs, as the studies indicate... I'm failing to see the downside here. More people get work, more people get health care, less money is set on fire in the process. Seems like a win-win-win.